Oaks Lexicon Apartments
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Oaks Felix(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$114
$106
  • Fitness center
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$113
$84
Mantra South Bank, Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$147
$119
ibis Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$128
$86
  • Room Service
Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$93
$91
$84
$83
  • Pool
All reviewschurch bellsann streettwo bedroom apartmentcentral stationgreat apartmentfull kitchenqueen st malleagle streetreception stafflarge balconywould stay here againfortitude valleyshort walkself containedwashing machine and dryerlounge roomthe river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed during the ashes was on and I couldn't be happier. I was a little worried by the last couple of reviews about the service, as it was our first time to Brisbane and we didn't know where things were around the area. When we arrived the girl at the reception greeted us very friendly and smiling and informed us where all the handy places where around which was fantastic including a gem of a cafe called pour boy on wharf street to bad it's not open on the weekend. A woolworths very short walk through the cathedral square and restaurants on Eagle street 4 minutes walk down wharf street which is a hill FYI. Coming back u basically wear off your dinner.

Our room was very spacious with a large balcony we had the room facing the mountains and ann street very lovely! It seems a quiet hotel so anytime we needed help with bus timetables, directions and where to go etc the reception girls were always available and wanted to help us. That gives me thumbs up with all boxes! I had a great stay and will return in the future when we travel to Brisbane again.

• Stayed: November 2013
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I have passed your valuable positive comments onto the front desk staff and look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Lexicon when you next visit Brisbane.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

After spending 4 weeks in the USA, we had a one night stop over in Brisbane.

I decided to get a 2 bedroom apartment for the night, as after 4 weeks of living in each others pockets...space was a priority. I found the rates for a 2 bedroom apartment very reasonable.

When we arrived 12th October there was nobody at reception and we waited around for a good 10 minutes before a young girl attended to us. We were checked in and given the keys to our apartment.

On the whole the apartment was nice, cleanish, had the space we required and was comfortable. The lounge suite and soft furnishings did look like they needed a deep clean though.

The following day early at about 8am my husband contacted reception to ask if we could have a late check out, as our connecting flight was only at 6pm that evening. My daughter and I both had bad chest infections and we needed a room for the day. He came back to me saying that the person at reception has said we need to be out by 10 am as the hotel is full and they cant do a late check out. I then got back on the phone, and explained our situation to the young girl on reception. She was so not interested from the start of my conversation. Very disinterested and matter of fact....not helpful and rude. I pleaded with her, asking even if we could pay for another room.... anything that she had available, just so my daughter and I could rest as we were both so unwell. All I got from her was a... we are booked and we cannot help you. Please be out by the check out time. I then asked to speak to the Manager and was told that the manager is only on duty Monday to Fri. Oh , I said..... ok then..... can you at least recommend another hotel, apartment anything that is in the local area that we can try get a room at. No .... I don't know of any.... was her answer!!!!. I was furious. How rude and unhelpful she was. I could almost see her rolling her eyes on the other side of the phone.

I also went onto webjet to see if we could find some other accommodation, as the apartments said they had availability, so I cannot understand how we could not be accommodated in some way.

My husband and I went out on the balcony and basically across the road were two other hotels. We phoned and managed to get a day room at the Novotel.

I guess if you leave your business to be run by young inexperienced kids, these are the kind of reviews you will be getting.

Never again!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NickyDMelbourne
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and I am astonished and very disappointed to hear that the front desk staff member was unable to offer you assistance regarding your late checkout as Oaks pride themselves on great customer service at all times. I sincerely apologise for the stress and inconvenience that this caused you.
Late checkouts are subject to availability but I can confirm we did have a little availability and although your family would have had to move apartments, you could have checked out at 5pm on the Sunday for an additional fee. I have spoken to the staff member involved as the service she provided you is simply unacceptable and I assure you out of the ordinary.
The front desk is manned by one member of staff at most times therefore if they have to attend to another guest's needs then they have to close up reception but are still contactable on the onsite mobile number which is listed on the closed sign.
Once again thank you for your invaluable feedback and really do hope that you choose to stay at an Oaks property again so you are able to experience the customer service that we pride ourselves on.
Kindest regards

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is an ok apart-hotel in central Brisbane, it is a little run down but still acceptable, the room I had was quite comfortable, when i first checked in I was happy to see the Foxtel box but then when I went to use it I was disappointed only 10 channels out of 200 are open for viewing, this must be the super basic package as most places in Brisbane I have stayed have the 'Platinum Accommodation' package which has every channel except for HD. Bed was very comfortable, firm but i like a firm bed, balcony was also great to look out over the west of the city. The reception staff, well just the two on Wed 9 Oct lunchtime were very rude as one of them whispered (loudly) a very rude comment about myself and the other one laughed, as I walked through the lobby, I guess this must be normal in a small town like Brisbane, very sad, they really should not be working in hospitality as they obviously do not want to be there nor do they care about their guests.
Overall the property is acceptable but the quality of the staff is very poor so I would not recommend this property to anyone, perhaps once there has been a clear out of reception staff, but no, I will not be back.

Room Tip: Higher the better as Ann St is very busy 24/7, anywhere below level 15 you will need ear plugs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank wilrc1
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you for providing your feedback about your recent stay at Oaks Lexicon and I am very disappointed to hear that you believe that the staff were being rude about you as we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. I will address this issue immediately with all the staff as the behaviour you have reported is not acceptable.
Regarding the Foxtel, I note your comments and have passed them to our Head Office department who deal with the Foxtel agreement.
We are working on a painting refurbishment plan which will hopefully be rolled out across all the apartments in the next couple of months.
I thank you once again for your invaluable feedback and do hope that you choose to stay at another Oaks property again.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I recently travelled to Brisbane for a family wedding so I booked three rooms at Oaks. There were issues from the moment we checked in. The girl at reception was unhelpful when I told her when I made the booking I had requested three rooms together and at least one to be ready early due to the wedding later that afternoon. After telling me there was no way the rooms would be ready she begrudgingly checked with housekeeping and found that actually two of the rooms were ready after all but there was no apology offered. Two of the rooms were located on the same floor and the third room did not become available until 2pm and was located on another floor. Overall I found the rooms to be old and tired. Our toaster/fridge/kettle did not work for the first 24 hours because of a power problem which was later identified and fixed by my husband even though I reported the problem. Housekeeping was very basic - the shower in particular looked like it hadn't been cleaned for a while. Staff were not very knowledgable about places to eat etc. around the city and we had to work this out for ourselves. While the position was reasonably good there is not much else going for this hotel. For the money we paid I'm sure there are better places around.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mrsbell34
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback about your recent stay and I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay.
The standard check in time is 2pm and an early check in is not guaranteed due to possibly previous guests checking out late however I am pleased to hear that we were able check you in early into two of your rooms. Whilst strive to accommodate all requests unfortunately we were unable to allocate your 3 rooms on the same floor this time due to unavailability.
I have passed your comments onto the Housekeeping and Maintenance Manager and will arrange some orientation training with the newer members of staff regarding local interests and restaurants.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night in a one bedroom apartment. It was spacious, and excellent value for money compared to a small hotel room, which would cost the same if not more at hotels in the same location. Had a great sized balcony with views of the city, and a king bed with modern furniture and full kitchen. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Sien07
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Lexicon. I am pleased to hear that your enjoyed your stay and the apartment complex met your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Lexicon or another one of our properties in the future.

Kind Regards