Oaks Lexicon Apartments
Oaks Felix(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$127
$106
  • Fitness center
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$125
$76
Hotels.com
$137
Hilton Brisbane(Brisbane)
$156
$151
  • Restaurant
Royal On The Park(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$129
$109
$105
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Royal Albert Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$124
Travelocity
$79
$62
  • Pool
All reviewschurch bellsann streettwo bedroom apartmentcentral stationgreat apartmentfull kitchenqueen st malleagle streetreception stafflarge balconywould stay here againfortitude valleyshort walkself containedwashing machine and dryerlounge roomthe river
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I always find it hard traveling with the kids as I don't like to have them in our room, but two hotel rooms are expensive. The Oaks Lexicon has great sized two bed apartments with nice city views.

It's not flash but clean and has all features you need. Tv in the main bedroom was great, wrap around balcony going off every room and kids room at the other end to the adults room.

The pool is outdoor but heated, so even though it was cold and rainy I could go swim (the pool is under cover) which was a great treat.

The hotel is near beautiful parks and is a five minute walk from the shops. The only problem is that the take away places were closed by 9pm when we got there and there is not much open nearby on the weekend if you do need a quick bite to eat. So if you are arriving late, bring some food and wine with you.

However, for an early dinner head down to eagle street and the river for some nice kid friendly bars.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay at Oaks Lexicon Apartments. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the apartment and facilities met your requirements. On behalf of my team, I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Oaks Lexicon next time that you visit Brisbane.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Arrived Friday, 21 June for 3 nights to be told that a flooding incident had resulted in the lifts not working since early that morning plus the tv didn't work during the stay (not good given my plan in staying there was to watch a lot of tv and just relax for a few days). Basically, had to climb stairs to my room during Friday, Saturday and Sunday (one lift started working Sunday night). Luckily, my room was not on the top floors as some people had to walk up 20 or more floors for almost the whole 3 days. Based on 3 to 4 trips up the stairs each day I am now ready to conquer Mt Everest.

On questioning the staff about a partial refund etc due to the clear inconveniences I was advised that was not possible as our rooms had been prepaid. Not sure why that matters? Issue was that due to Lions Test Match I think the room was about $700-$800 for the Saturday night and lesser the other two nights. When paying that price for a room and can't get tv and are required to trudge up flights of stairs clearly not acceptable.

Positives:

Rooms are nice
Staff were very nice and accommodating (only blemish being them telling me no discount or partial refund possible. I understand that Oaks head office are looking at sending an offer to our group which is how it should have been dealt with in the first instance)
Location is functional

Overall, recommend and would have given it 4 stars if not for the problems with the tv and the lifts, which to give the hotel credit, was to the most part, out of their control.

May I suggest your staff need clearer guidelines on partial refund policies as it was annoying to be initially told that what had been paid for but was unable to be supplied by the hotel (eg lifts and tv) should be the same price as having access to functioning lifts and tv etc.

That aside, staff did a good job in trying circumstances.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. On behalf of Lexicon Apartments I would like to sincerely apologise once again for the inconvenience caused following the burst water pipe which resulted in the lifts being inoperable for 3 days.
I can confirm that Head Office have arranged for the rates for Friday, Saturday and Sunday to be discounted for the affected guests and please ask that you contact the hotel direct so that I can ensure that you have received your partial refund.
I noted your valuable comments regarding staff communication and do apologise for any confusion caused by the miscommunication.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Lexicon in the future for a much more pleasurable stay.
Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed at the Oaks for over two weeks and absolutely enjoyed my stay. Rooms were well spaced and clean. I found the staff to be extremely cooperative and friendly. The best part of the service was that the rooms were serviced and cleaned everyday which is usually not the case. Got a great view from the balcony as well. The only thing I would have preferred was a wifi which wasn't available unless you purchased / rented a dongle, else you need to use the LAN cable and have to pay for it too. Overall a good place to stay. I would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such positive feedback about your recent stay at Oaks Lexicon Apartments and I am pleased to hear that you had such a great stay.
I can confirm that Oaks as a company are looking at arranging Wi-Fi in all properties and we hope to offer this to our guests by the end of the year.
On behalf of my front desk and housekeeping team, we looking forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Lexicon Apartments next time you visit Brisbane.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for a boys weekend away. Got a 2 bedroom apartment and rooms were neat, clean and well equipped . Location is excellent , short walk to queen street where there are heaps of restaurants and bars. Found a little cafe next block full breakfast 7.95 can't beat that. Night life is close by with a 15 taxi to fortitude valley . Heaps of pubs and food places there .
Airport is 35 dollars in a taxi. Overall a good base for a stay in brisbane .

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank parraboy
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Lexicon Apartments. I am pleased to read that you had a great time and that all was to your satisfaction.
On behalf of my Front Desk and Housekeeping Team I look forward to welcoming you back to Lexicon or another Oaks property in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great spacious appartment but would have been nice to have soundproofing from the traffic which woke me up at 5am each day (and I was on the 21st floor!). A renovation of the bathroom would also be a bonus as the rest of the room had been refurbished and the pokey dated bathroom stood out as unfinished.

• Stayed: June 2013
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay at Oaks Lexicon Apartments and I am sorry to hear that you found the city traffic noise to be unpleasant.
I will pass your comments about the possible refurbishment of the bathroom onto the owner and the maintenance technician so that we can investigate the possibility further.