“Nice Apartments in a good spot” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oaks Lexicon Apartments

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Oaks Lexicon Apartments
Ranked #58 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Nice Apartments in a good spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

These are in a good spot for the centre of Brisbane, close enough to the shops and offices. The apartments are good 5 to a floor and seem to be well set out, mine was clean looking good and well equipted

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide positive feedback about your recent stay at Oaks Lexicon Apartments.
I am pleased that the apartment met your expectations and myself and my team are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kindest regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights. On 2 of those nights there were extra people in our 2 b/room apartment & the apartment layout worked fantastically. The apartment was clean with housekeeping coming in everyday. Great views across to the hills, the pool area was lovely, everything was great. The staff were very very helpful. The hotel was walking distance to everything. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank GraceSands
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Lexicon Apartments. It is a pleasure to read such positive comments about the standard of apartments, housekeeping service and front desk customer service.
On behalf of my team, I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Oaks Lexicon Apartments in the future.
Kindest regards
Charleville, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed with the Oaks Lexicon Apartments for 4 nights during January. I met up with my bridal party to search for bridesmaids dresses. Staff are always friendly and pleasant, but the rooms let the place down. As I arrived late on Sunday night, I stayed alone, then linked up with my bridal party on the Monday and had two x two bedroom apartments for the Monday night, then back to single apartment for the Tuesday and Wednesday night. So for the 4 nights, I stayed in 3 different rooms.
The rooms definately need some work. The kitchen is really nice and quite modern. Cannot fault it at all. But then you move to the bathrooms and they are all really old and outdated. Quite disappointing. This area definately needs some work. The lighting is quite poor and the room is TINY..... The shower is old and mouldy/mildew. It looks like the vanities are newer but the showers are a big letdown. The bed/sleep was great. The bedding is modern and comfortable with a small television in the bedroom. The lounge area is spacious but the couches look a bit tired and in need of upgrade. Airconditioning was good and appreciated.
The location of the apartments is very handy to the city and I was out and about shopping and dining at various locations.
As I found a low quoted price on wotif.com, I phoned to see if the Oaks would match it and I could book directly with them. To their credit, they did match it and I booked direct. Wondering if this is why I ended up in older apartments???? I have no idea if they have upgraded any floors o r not.
Would stay here again if I had to but would look elsewhere first. I have stayed at various Oaks in the city area and would rate them much higher than this one. 212 Margaret and Charlotte Towers were definately better maintained.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hayley_B_84
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback about your recent stay at Oaks Lexicon. I am pleased to hear the service, kitchens and bedrooms met your expectations but am disappointed to hear that the bathrooms tainted your experience.
I can confirm that there is a maintenance schedule to re-grout and re-silicone all the bathrooms in the building with the possibility of an extra light above the showers being installed in the specific bathrooms as required which is about to be discussed with the various owners.
I have passed your comments regarding the sofas to the Furniture Services team who are currently working on getting the required sofas upgraded.
I look forward to welcoming you to Oaks Lexicon Apartments again. Kindest regards.
Palmerston North, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We recently stayed for 5 nights at the Oaks Lexicon. Everything about this apartment was great.Clean, spacious as well as having a great outlook. The facilities were also first class with my sons making good use of the swimming pool and gym.The staff were very polite and accomodating. This not only included the front office staff but also the night security who did an amazing job on New Years Eve. The location was also a bonus and we were in walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. We will certainly be recommending the Oaks to others and will definitely be back again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback about your New Year's Eve stay at Oaks Lexicon Apartments.
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the apartment, building facilites and staff service met your expectations.
On behalf of my team, I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Lexicon Apartments or at one of our other properties around Australia in the future.
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

My Husband, 10 month son and me stayed at this apartment in August 2012 as we had newly moved into Brisbane. So we needed a temporary place to live in till we found our own rented apartment. We paid approx. 180 AUD per night for a 1 room Apartment. Following are the pros and cons of the place.

PROs

1) Hotel is at an ideal location in the heart of the city. So close to all offices.
2) Apartment was decently spacious
3) Had all major appliances required. fridge, washing machine, microwave, gas. So we were able to do our own basic cooking.
4) Beds were quite comfortable
5) Airconditioning was there in the apartment
6) Alot of people complained about the noise. If you open the windows you do get some noise. But we had the airconditioning on, and hence windows closed. So the noise didnt bother us.

CONs

1) The first thing we noticed when we got to the room that the toilet bowl was not completely clean. That was quite a put off. Also there was no toilet bowl cleaner so that we could clean it ourselves. Since we were staying there for 2 weeks, we thought it would be cleaned in the weekly apartment cleaning where they do the entire cleaning of the room. But it didnt get done then as well.
2) The daily cleaning included putting the dishes in the dishwasher, spot cleaning and making the beds. Making the bed was done very well. However spot cleaning was not always done. We were putting the utensils in the dishwasher ourselves so we didnt need help for that. One thing which we noticed was that one day our babys food bowl and a spoon was in the sink. The housecleaning staff run the dishwasher for just these 2 items. I would have thought that it would be easier to just wash it by hand? But guess these are just the hotel policies to only run the dishwasher.
3) Since the hotel is in the heart of the city. There's no driveway in the entrance of the hotel. And since we were coming by taxi, the driver went into the parking area of the hotel which is besides the hotel. Its not very convenient if you have alot of luggage (which we had), since you cant go from the parking area directly into the reception. You need to drag your bags from the parking to the entrance to go into the reception. Plus you have cars coming into the parking at the same time. So it was a bit inconvenient for us. Also you need to take your bags yourself into your rooms. They have a trolley for this though. But guess you can expect them to have someone to do this for you as this is a budget serviced apartment.
4) We arrived at the hotel after almost 24 hours of traveling (with an infant)and were hoping for an early check in. But they were not able to do that for us. We had to wait for 2 hours before we could check in. But guess they didn't have any rooms available.
5) Lastly we had initially made the booking through our credit card. But when we came to the hotel we told the receptionist that we would like to pay by cash which we would pay one week at a time. They were okay with this. But they kept asking us to make a payment every couple of days which was quite annoying. Its not like we were going to run out of the hotel without making a payment.
6) Internet is not free. You need to pay for it every week.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 11th floor, facing the front of the hotel. So if want a better view, its good to st...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your August 2012 stay at Lexicon Apartments.

It is pleasing to note that you enjoyed the majority of your stay but it is disappointing to hear that the cleaning standards were not up to our usual high standard and I would like to assure you that your detailed comments have been passed onto the Housekeeping Manager.

I would also like to apologise for the apparent mis-communciation regarding the payment of your account - it is company policy that guests need pay for their accommodation advance unless the funds are secured on a credit card. If 7 days had been paid in advance then you should have not have had to be contacted again to pay more until those 7 days had passed. I will ensure that your feedback is passed onto the staff to continue to ensure inhouse guests are only contacted if their account is in arrears.
Rockhampton, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Just returned home from a two night stay at Oaks Lexicon in Brisbane. Usually stay at the Rendezvous Hotel a block or two away but it was fully booked. The Oaks was nice enough and one positive the king sized bed was great but WOW the room was so hot it was uncomfortable and made the stay unpleasan and sleeplesst. The air con simply just doesnt work properly. When we worked in at 10pm Sunday night we started to perspire. We turned the aircon down to 15 degreees hoping that is would cool down and went for a walk coming back two hours later and the room was still stiffling!
We made a comment to reception next morning saying we thought our air con was faulty and we were told they would look at it that day. Came back late that afternoon and nothing still stinking hot!!! We called reception to be told put the air on 23 and it will work!!! Well it didnt it was on 23 and we had it on 23 but it was ridiculosly hot and our stay was nothing short of unpleasant and sleepless- hot, stuffy and yuk! HOT and BOTHERED don't think I will stay again well at least not in summer!!!

Room Tip: Satyed in one bedroom apartment which is fine for two persons!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment your recent stay and I am disappointed to hear about your issue with the faulty air conditioning unit. I have investigated your comments and can confirm that a maintenance contractor was called in on Monday 31st but he was unable to attend due to other committments on New Year's Eve.
I sincerely apologise that you were not informed of this by the reception staff and offered a room move and can appreciate the inconvenience that this caused you.
I look forward to welcoming you back so you are able to experience the normal high standard of Oaks Lexicon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I had to organise a quick stay in Brisbane for a wedding and Oaks Lexicon was a fanstic venue. Close to our venue and the walking distance to the city centre.The venue was excellent in catering to our needs for bed arrangements in the rooms. And reception staff where very helpful in assisting with our requests. to quote one of the guests" the apartement was twice the size and half the money, of where the others where staing" Thank you

Room Tip: all rooms where fantastic, great views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MihaliNT
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. I am very pleased to hear that your guests had such a positive stay. I will pass your comments on to the Front Desk Team regarding their helpful customer service and look forward to welcoming you to Oaks Lexicon again.