As it was a special occasion (my hens weekend) decided to have a sensational weekend with no expense spared and booked the girls and I into this so called 4.5 star establishment. We had the 2 bedroom apartment. What a dissapointment it was. The room itself was large, but the state of it was appaling. I have stayed in places all over the world, and even in Thailand a 3rd world country the accomodation was 100 times better. We had a 2 night stay and first thing I noticed was the filthy carpets and rugs. Some of the lamps were missing the shades off them, the balcony area was dirty and there were cigarette butts littered all over it. On the Saturday after getting back from brunch I could not believe the way the beds were made. They were just pulled up and very creased. The pillows were just thrown on the beds. There were no refills of shampoo and conditioner. We didn't even get fresh towels. When I queried this I was told we could have fresh towels at a cost of $1.50 each!!! On check out I complained to the duty manager but it fell on deaf ears. He was not interested at all. Would I reccomend this place?? Not a hope in hell. How do places like this get a 4.5 star rating when it is seriously no more than a 2.5 at best. Do these places rate themselves? For the cost it is not worth it at all. Next time I will go back to Rydges at Southbank!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in Brisbane’s financial, entertainment and shopping precinct, Oaks Lexicon Apartments provide a striking balance of modern, self-contained accommodation, a picturesque city setting and quality onsite amenities, perfectly suited to all types of stays. Providing an idyllic mix of city and valley, Oaks Lexicon Apartments sit between the CBD and Fortitude Valley, located on the corner of Ann and Wharf Streets. Surrounded by countless restaurants, cafes, bars, nightclubs and boutiques as well as some of Brisbane’s most popular cultural and tourist attractions including Chinatown, Queen Street Mall, Eagle Street Pier, Treasury Casino and South Bank, our hotel is a great choice for a weekend away, weeklong stay or extended holiday. Oaks Lexicon Apartments are just a short walk to Central Station, various bus terminals and the CityCat – Brisbane’s unique river transportation system – ensuring guests have easy access to all the nearby hot spots. Comprising a selection of one and two bedroom, self-contained apartments, Oaks Lexicon Apartments are stylishly designed and feature full kitchen and laundry facilities, private and spacious balconies overlooking the vibrant city, reverse cycle air conditioning, Internet access and contemporary decor. Our hotel also boasts a number of popular leisure facilities, perfect for a touch of recreation and relaxation, including a heated swimming pool, barbeque facilities, entertaining area and a fully equipped gymnasium. Oaks Lexicon Apartments also offers onsite car parking for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oaks Lexicon Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Lexicon Apartment Hotel Brisbane
- Oaks Lexicon Apartment Brisbane
- Hotel Oaks Lexicon Apartment