“Nice area and just on the city edge”

Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane
Ranked #24 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I have stayed at the hotel a number of times over the last 12 years. It is consistently good. The rooms are nice, the food good (although a bit pricey for value) and it is near a park. Staff are always pleasant and helpful. We used one of the car services rather than a taxi and were pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
HGCSP-Management, General Manager at Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear AdelaideJanpo,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay with us at the Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane.

It is fantastic to hear from a guest who had frequented the hotel so many times. I am especially pleased that you find it to be consistently good. Thank you as well for your kind comments about our friendly staff and nice rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This hotel is right on top of the hill, affording good views regardless of top floor or middle.

Stayed in a newly refurbed deluxe room. Lovely bathroom, comfortable beds, linen clean and fluffy. Fridge and mini-bar good.

Housekeeping man - I believe Gavin - was excellent and very helpful. Left the room very well done.

Only slight niggle in the bathroom is shower base doesn't naturally drain away and lighting in the main room from the ceiling are horrid spotlights. In our room two had blown - so little alternative lighting. Good to see, though, that bed lights were energy efficient. Perhaps replace spotlights with LED?

On location, there is very little immediately surrounding - particularly weekends - apart from a few independently owned Indian/Japanese restaurants. A little bit more of walk is a Newsagents and Dominoes pizza. The walk in to the true centre takes about 15mins at a leisurely pace - but beware this is down hill and was hard work in the heat!

Pool and hot tub on roof not the best I've seen - but makes full use of the space available. Small gym also nicely kept and well equipped.

Staff here were all amazing - was a bit annoyed that one of the housekeepers was in the main lift and got told off by a manager that she was in the main one and should use the service one. Does it matter? They are the backbone staff of the hotel - a bit antiquated but probably same all over the world.

Overall a very nice and pleasant stay - would recommend and will definitely return next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank phil_sllvn

Dear phil_sllvn,

Greetings from Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane.

Reading your review has really made my day. I am so glad that you enjoyed both the room and views. It was also great to see that you liked our comfortable beds as well as our friendly staff.

Thank you again for your recommendation and your helpful suggestions - we look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Me and my fiancé only stayed a few nights as we were travelling around but would have loved to stay longer as this hotel is lovely. Great location and very clean, the staff are all lovely and really helpful. We went into town to the information centre to ask for help with booking a car and the girl at the information desk was useless, we therefore asked our hotel staff for help and they rang a car company for us and sorted it all out. Really enjoyed our stay and could not fault it at all. Great place to stay! fabulous value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Liv M
HGCSP-Management, General Manager at Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Liv M,

Thank you for this great review of your visit to the Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay even if you didn’t think it was long enough.

Thank you also for your kind comments about our location, cleanliness and helpful staff. I will be sure to pass your praise on to the whole team.

I hope you will be able to visit us again soon, and that you are able to stay a bit longer to enjoy the hotel and its surrounds once more.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We had a lovely freshly decorated room, nice firm king bed, gorgeous fluffy towels and bathrobes. good range of complementary products including real coffee from one of those pod machines. Lovely roof top pool, although it was a little murky - probably just from sunscreen but could definitely have been cleaner. With free parking included in our deal it was good value for money. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KatieAM

Dear KatieAM,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I was thrilled to read that you had a wonderful experience while at the hotel and that you made the most of the perks on offer in our Superior rooms. I also appreciate your mention of the pool and have forwarded your feedback onto our Engineering Department to look into.

Thank you once more, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I know this hotel from Travel agent. Actually, it is the first time I stay in this hotel, All the hotel staffs are really helpful, even I ask them what's bus number if I want to go somewhere. The room hotel with comfortable bed and we can sleep well.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank DOKTERARI

Dear DOKTERARI,

Greetings from Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane and thank you for sharing your review.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed the room, and found the staff to be pleasant and helpful.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night over the weekend and while I must say the rooms were quite clean. I was quite disappointed in when booking the room I requested a high floor and if possible a king bed. Unfortunately when we arrived I was surprised to see we were on the 4th floor with two twin beds for my husband and I. Although I was asked if we wanted to move rooms, we were in a rush at check in time..

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shellou

Dear Shellou,

Greetings from Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review about your stay with us.

I was disheartened to read that you were disappointed in the bedding you receieved. We offer bedding and room requests only, and not guarantees in case of high occupancy. We do try to fulfil these where possible so I apologise that your request was not granted initially. I understand our staff offered a room move upon check in, and I am saddened that you were not able to take us up on this due to time constraints. I do hope this did not inconvenience you too much.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

In March this year, my husband had to undergo a medical procedure in St. Andrew's Hospital, which is located directly across the street from the Grand Chancellor. As we live in Toowoomba, we booked for three nights , so I could be close to Jack.
Our suite was very roomy, with a large sitting area, big bedroom and bathroom with a beautiful bath; and kitchenette. The latter was extremely well-equipped.
It was very quiet at night, and good for sleeping.
When our son, who lives and works in Brisbane; arrived at various times to collect me and visit Jack in hospital; the staff were very understanding, allowing him to park for the short period outside the hotel.
Our lunch in the hotel cafe was very pleasant....we looked after ourselves for the other meals.
We love Roma Parklands, and having that area across the street to stroll in was very therapeutic.
A rather stressful period was made easier for us by the Grand Chancellor, and for that we are grateful.

Room Tip: Our suite was on the 10th floor, and it was quiet.