“Consistent Over The Years”

Grand Chancellor Brisbane
Ranked #26 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
The Summit, Australia
“Consistent Over The Years”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Have stayed here many times and always leave with the same feeling. It's a great place to stay with very good value for money. Any criticisms are only ever minor. Car park is good, location is good and out of the noise and rat race of the main roads through the cbd and the staff always make an effort to be nice.

I suspect my room was changed to being at the end of the corridor when I checked in as I had just done a very long day on the road and mentioned to the staff that I was tired and was placed a long way from the lifts in the middle of the building.

The complimentary snacks and extras like robes are nice touches and its a nice place to crash for the night when stressed and working.

Would like to have been advised that the pool and rooftop was closed though as that affected the stay a little but theres worse things that can go wrong on a hotel stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HGCSP-Management, General Manager at Grand Chancellor Brisbane, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Lawdogs A,

It is just lovely to read about our guests consistently having had great experiences with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the friendly service, great room, and convenient location we have to offer.

I do apologise that you were not advised of the brief closure of the rooftop level – it is now open for you to enjoy on your next stay.

Thank you again for your very kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Peter Yared

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Grafton, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Hotel has easy access and good parking.
Service at reception was very slow - there were 3 staff but only 1 appeared to be working.
The room was adequate - we had booked a twin room, the bathroom was in desperate need of refurbishment - the smashed tiles near the toilet were sharp and in my view a health hazard..
The lighting was completely inadequate - there was only one reading light per bed and these were poorly placed - only one person could read. There was a failed globe in the wall light. Beds were comfortable and the small balcony gave a nice view and access to fresh air.
The TV channels were woeful! None of the digital channels such as ABC 24 were available.
The used bandaid that was in the hall stayed in place for our entire stay.....the staff and house keeping really need to try a little harder.

Room Tip: Ask for a middle floor with a balcony
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear DebV_10,

Thank you for your feedback, it is always good for us to hear about our guests experiences.
I was disappointed to hear that several aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations and I would like to apologise for your experience with our Reception and Housekeeping staff. I have brought your feedback to the attention of both our Front Office and Housekeeping Manager so that they may ensure that all staff are continually providing the service and cleanliness that we are known for.

I was also disheartened to read that you were unhappy with some elements of your room. I hope you will have the chance to return to the hotel soon for a stay in one of our deluxe or premium rooms as I am sure it will be much more to your liking. The small upgrade fee is well worth it for the great improvement provided by these rooms. Of course if budget is a concern the standard rooms can still provide a comfortable option with all the advantages of our stunning location.

Thank you again for your time in creating this feedback for us and we do hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Noosa, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here last Saturday night and have no complaints whatsoever. We booked via the hotels website (same rate as on lastminute.com) and had our booking confirmed quickly. Check-in was good but it was late so there was no queue. Free parking was a bonus. Our deluxe room was clean and spacious for a basic room, with small balcony which is a great if you like some fresh air. Modern, albeit small, bathroom which had been renovated. Comfortable bed and wall mounted TV. Shame there is no free wifi in the rooms which we believe all hotels should have in this day and age. We didn't visit the bar or restaurant however were very happy with the room service. The food arrived quickly, it was hot and the servings were very generous. Checkout was quick, but beware of a 1.5% fee if you pay by credit card. All in all very good and we will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor and make sure it has a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kathryn G
HGCSP-Management, General Manager at Grand Chancellor Brisbane, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Kathryn G,

Thank you for taking the time to create this review of your stay with us. I was so pleased to read that Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane suited your travel needs.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit soon

Noosaville, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

My partner and I booked at this hotel for what we hoped would be a nice weekend away, down in Brisbane. Upon arrival at the hotel everything seemed fine, the lobby looking fairly nice, if not a little old fashioned.
Then we proceeded to check in, the young lady who served us, only uttered a few words at us. First was "NAME", which we gave, we then tried to engage her in conversation, no response. Then she said, "I need your Credit Card" I knew a Credit card swipe was normal procedure for hotels, but I stood there waiting for a Please, it never came.

After this very unpleasant check in we went up to the room. It was a "Standard room" now I know that at the Standard price in Brisbane you don't expect miracles. But at the rate we paid for a so called four and a half star hotel, I don't expect thread bare carpets, mouldy bathroom, rusty minibar fridge, spongy mattress.
To call the room tired would be generous. I contacted reception about my concerns about the room.
I was told that if I paid extra they could put me in a "Nice" room.

In the end we decided to go out for dinner, suffer through the night and get out as soon as possible in the morning.
First time using Trip advisor, but ill be checking it before I book hotels in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 683edm,

Thank for your feedback, it is most appreciated. I was disappointed to read that your check-in experience was less than impressive. We strive to ensure the service we provide in all areas of the hotel is not only excellent, but also consistent. I have brought your feedback to the attention of our Front Office manager so that they may ensure we are consistently able to offer service up to our high standards.

I was also disheartened that you were unhappy with the standard of your room. We have been completing renovations on the hotel over the past year and these renovations have ensured that most of our rooms have a modern and stylish look. The only rooms we have left to complete are our standard rooms. I hope you will have the chance to return to the hotel soon for a stay in one of our newly renovated rooms as I am sure it will be much more to your liking. The small upgrade fee from $15 is well worth it for the great improvement provided by these renovated rooms. Of course if budget is a concern the standard rooms can still provide a clean comfortable option with all the advantages of our stunning location.

Thank you again for your feedback and we do hope that you will consider returning soon.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel is far from new and is showing signs of wear. The rooms are however clean but simple with the inclusion of a balcony as a good point of difference from most city hotels.
The service was good being friendly and efficient. Underground parking which was easy to access was also a positive.
The location is up on a hill a little bit away from the main strip.
The hotel is good without being great but I would happily stay here again for business or on a short break.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Lolo_Tim_Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel recently. I was pleased to read that you found our parking convenient and our staff to be friendly and efficient.

I was disappointed that some aspects of your room and décor did not meet your expectations. There are photos posted on our website of both the standard rooms and the deluxe and premium rooms. I hope you will have the chance to return to the hotel soon for a stay in one of our deluxe or premium rooms as I am sure it will be much more to your liking. I am sure you will agree that the small upgrade fee is well worth it for the great improvement provided by these rooms. Of course if budget is a concern the standard rooms can still provide a clean comfortable option with all the advantages of our stunning location.

Thank you again for your time in creating this feedback for us. We look forward to your next visit to the hotel soon.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Bedroom not clean, and not cleaned properly during our stay.
Remnants of crisps on floor from previous room occupant not a healthy start.
(We stayed as part of a larger group, and our experience was not that of everyone else.
We had a prompt apology after our stay).
Hotel appeared full, or almost so. Bar area too small, and unable to properly cope with numbers there. No draught beer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
HGCSP-Management, General Manager at Grand Chancellor Brisbane, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Cymru2012,

Thank you for taking the time to bring the events of your stay to my attention. We encourage feedback from our guests, whether good or bad, as it enables us to define the areas that have been a positive experience for our guests as well as giving us the important opportunity to address areas that are of particular concern.

I was disappointed that your experience with our housekeeping team did not come up to your expectations during your recent stay with us. I have brought your feedback to the attention of our Housekeeping Manager so that they may ensure that their team is aware of the issue, and are continually providing service that is up to our usual high standards.

It is also unfortunate that we were not able to provide your favoured beer and if the many guests that seemed to be in the bar area while you were visiting caused you an inconvenience. I hope your experience was not too problematic.

I trust you had a pleasant trip home and we do hope to welcome you back at some stage in the future.

Murwillumbah, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Have stayed here many times during the AFL seasons as it is close to the CBD and bus services to the Gabba and the park across the road is good for an early morning walk. Since the renovations, the rooms are very well set out and clean and comfortable. Food and service at the restaurant/bar is great. The last time we stayed, there was a mix up with our booking and the weekend package but all was quickly, professionally and friendly sorted and rectified.

Room Tip: Suggest middle floors with balcony - these are quitter and brighter
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Denise M,

Thank you for you lovely review of your visit to the hotel.

I am so pleased that you enjoy your stay every time. Thank you as well for your kind comments about our staff as well as the food at the hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.