“Excellent experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Chancellor Brisbane

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Grand Chancellor Brisbane
Ranked #28 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
darwin
“Excellent experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I arrived quite easily and had been awake most of the night I was checked in without hesitation, the room was clean and the bed comfortable. I was there for a work meeting, the hotel supplied amazing lunches and excellent hospitality.
I ate in the restaurant and absolutely no complaints about the food whatsoever ever, amazing.
My entire stay couldn't be faulted. Thank you so much to all the helpful and courteous staff

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HGCSP-Management, General Manager at Grand Chancellor Brisbane, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear lazysundaze,

Thank you for your review. Word of mouth is an amazing way to share your experiences and we appreciate you taking the time to write about us.

I am so pleased to hear that your entire stay couldn’t be faulted – what great positive feedback that is!

I trust you had a pleasant trip home and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Best regards,

Peter Yared

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Noosa, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Having previously stayed at the Grand Chancellor in Hobart & Wellington on several occasions, I was looking forward to our stay. The standard room we were given was located directly next to the elevator/lift. The bathroom was fitted with facilities for the infirmed or handicapped, which made it difficult for us to have a shower. The shower control was in need of repair, despite our best efforts we could only manage to get scorching hot or tepid water temperatures. The drapes lacked the drawing rod to facilitate complete closure. Red flashing lights on the phone next to the bed, that indicate voicemail, could not be removed, despite our efforts with the hotel staff. The TV remote only worked to turn the TV on, then we required the assistance of hotel staff to turn the TV off. The shower issue was only detected just before retiring for the night. Having had a big day and evening out, I just wanted to go to sleep. My sleep was disrupted through the night by the noise from the elevator lift and compounded by the morning light streaming through the drapes we could not fully close. The hotel was chosen for its proximity to Brisbane Private for an early morning appt. My husband checked us out and on my return from the appt. I voiced my overall displeasure to the front desk staff. I was advised that if we had complained earlier, we could have been given another room, however, that would have meant getting dressed again and moving when I was too tired to bother with it. My question is, why were we given this room to begin with??

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

As my first real stay in a hotel I was hoping for more. The staff were lovely and hotel was clean... But, the rooms are very average, my door key card stopped working TWICE, I found a cockroach, though already dead. But what annoyed me was that the hotel restaurant, like everywhere else in Queensland stopped taking orders at 7:45. Being from Perth, thats not even 6pm here, also in Perth restaurants are open till at least 9pm. I don't find that good service.

We arrived at the hotel early and was told our room wasn't ready but they would call me when it was. So we went for a wonder, 2 hours later, didn't receive a call. When we got back to the hotel they said it had been ready for ages.

Not a good first impression.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HGCSP-Management, General Manager at Grand Chancellor Brisbane, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Aimee W,

Thank you very much for your feedback as it gives us a great opportunity to see where we are doing a fine job, and where we can make improvements. I am pleased that you found our staff to be lovely and enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel.

I was however disappointed that some aspects of your room and décor did not meet your expectations. There are photos posted on our website of both the standard rooms and the deluxe and premium rooms. I hope you will have the chance to return to the hotel soon for a stay in one of our deluxe or premium rooms as I am sure it will be much more to your liking. I have also brought your feedback about the cockroach to the attention of our Housekeeping Manager so that they may ensure that their team is aware of the issue, and are continually providing service that is up to our usual high standards

Our restaurant Frescos does try to cater to all guests and is open 7 days a week from 6:00pm until 9:30pm. From time to time the restaurant can be fully booked with private functions or due to high occupancy, and that’s when we can’t always accommodate to walk-in guests, however room service is still available.

I do apologise for the inconveniences felt during your stay with us, and we’d love to welcome you back to our hotel in the future to prove that your experience was not the norm for us.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

In spite of the inexpensive room rate, I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the room, the good condition of the hotel, location, dining room/snack bar food and service as well as the helpful and professional staff. I would stay there again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cecilia W
hgcbrisbane, General Manager at Grand Chancellor Brisbane, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Cecilia W,

Thank you for your feedback - it is much appreciated. It’s great to hear your room was better than you expected and that you were impressed with our staff and service.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel on your next visit.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel was in a great location,close to the CBD, Roma Street Parkland which was a wonderful park to explore and great restaurants close by. The renovations completed recently are tasteful however the tradespeople did not completely clean up, bathroom floor had grout residue on the tiles. Unfortunately, the elevator and the traffic noise distracted from an otherwise reasonably pleasant experience. Staff were very attentive.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the CBD are quieter and ensure you are away from the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear harbyj5,

Thank you for your feedback, it’s great to hear you found our location so handy and that you were able to explore our wonderful nearby surroundings.

I am also happy to hear that you like our renovations; we are pretty impressed with them too. It is however a shame to hear about the grout residue on the tiles, I’ll be sure to pass this information on.

I was disappointed to read that your experience was disturbed by street noise as well noise from the lifts. As we are in such a central location a small amount of noise is unavoidable, and I do hope it did not cause you too much inconvenience. For future stays, I hope we will be able to allocate you a room further away from the lifts to ensure your comfort.

I trust you had a pleasant trip home and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Ok, I have stayed at this place 3 times now and know I no longer need to find another. Sure its close to work and the rooms are great but what really sets this hotel apart from others in the CBD area of Brisbane? Exception service. The GC is streets beyond any hotel I have stayed at in Brisbane, the food is amazing for a hotel and the staff are amongst the best I have known domestically and overseas. For the bar manager nothing is an issue and the consierge is very experienced in the Industry. I commend Robert Hickie and his team at the GC, this hotel is going places! Well done

Room Tip: Middle floors with Balcony are the best, or if you like a roof top swim and its summer stay on the 1...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jason H,

Greetings and thank you for writing this post about your recent visit.

It has really made my day to read how much you enjoyed all of your stays with us, and how highly you regard our service. Thank you for your lovely comments about our staff, we are so proud to have such a dedicated team. I will pass on your kind words and ensure they are commended.

We look forward to welcoming you back for yet another pleasant stay with us again soon.

Glen Innes, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

What a wonderful Place. Great service, great rooms, great staff and the best food I have ever had. Staff members Steven and Russell were extremely wonderful. Mix up at the restaurant which they fixed for us. Went out of their way for us. The rooms are modern and very well appointed. Great view from our room of the Brisbane area. Will be back.

Room Tip: Worth checking it out.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear John F,

Thank you for taking the time to create this great review of your stay with us. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit.

It was also wonderful to find that your experience with the room, food and our staff was so memorable. I’ll definitely be sure to pass on your kind words to Steven and Russell.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit soon