Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane
$104
$72
$179
Agoda.com
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$118
$103
$91
Hotwire.com
2,050 results
All reviewsst andrews hospitalsuperior roomroma street parklandsrooftop poolspring hillconference facilitiesfree bussmall balconybuffet breakfastroom servicesuncorp stadiumgreat place to staycomfortable bedreception staffgreat roomacross the roadpleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2013

In spite of the inexpensive room rate, I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the room, the good condition of the hotel, location, dining room/snack bar food and service as well as the helpful and professional staff. I would stay there again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cecilia W
hgcbrisbane, General Manager at Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Cecilia W,

Thank you for your feedback - it is much appreciated. It’s great to hear your room was better than you expected and that you were impressed with our staff and service.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel on your next visit.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel was in a great location,close to the CBD, Roma Street Parkland which was a wonderful park to explore and great restaurants close by. The renovations completed recently are tasteful however the tradespeople did not completely clean up, bathroom floor had grout residue on the tiles. Unfortunately, the elevator and the traffic noise distracted from an otherwise reasonably pleasant experience. Staff were very attentive.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the CBD are quieter and ensure you are away from the elevators.

Dear harbyj5,

Thank you for your feedback, it’s great to hear you found our location so handy and that you were able to explore our wonderful nearby surroundings.

I am also happy to hear that you like our renovations; we are pretty impressed with them too. It is however a shame to hear about the grout residue on the tiles, I’ll be sure to pass this information on.

I was disappointed to read that your experience was disturbed by street noise as well noise from the lifts. As we are in such a central location a small amount of noise is unavoidable, and I do hope it did not cause you too much inconvenience. For future stays, I hope we will be able to allocate you a room further away from the lifts to ensure your comfort.

I trust you had a pleasant trip home and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Ok, I have stayed at this place 3 times now and know I no longer need to find another. Sure its close to work and the rooms are great but what really sets this hotel apart from others in the CBD area of Brisbane? Exception service. The GC is streets beyond any hotel I have stayed at in Brisbane, the food is amazing for a hotel and the staff are amongst the best I have known domestically and overseas. For the bar manager nothing is an issue and the consierge is very experienced in the Industry. I commend Robert Hickie and his team at the GC, this hotel is going places! Well done

Room Tip: Middle floors with Balcony are the best, or if you like a roof top swim and its summer stay on the 11th or 12th, great views as the GC is already on an escarpment.

Dear Jason H,

Greetings and thank you for writing this post about your recent visit.

It has really made my day to read how much you enjoyed all of your stays with us, and how highly you regard our service. Thank you for your lovely comments about our staff, we are so proud to have such a dedicated team. I will pass on your kind words and ensure they are commended.

We look forward to welcoming you back for yet another pleasant stay with us again soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

What a wonderful Place. Great service, great rooms, great staff and the best food I have ever had. Staff members Steven and Russell were extremely wonderful. Mix up at the restaurant which they fixed for us. Went out of their way for us. The rooms are modern and very well appointed. Great view from our room of the Brisbane area. Will be back.

Room Tip: Worth checking it out.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear John F,

Thank you for taking the time to create this great review of your stay with us. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit.

It was also wonderful to find that your experience with the room, food and our staff was so memorable. I’ll definitely be sure to pass on your kind words to Steven and Russell.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit soon

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had a renovated room. Shower had a rain shower head which was wonderful. However the size of the vanity is not user friendly. The bed itself was needing an upgrade to a pillow top and the overall rating would lift. The check in and checkout process was uncomplicated with very friendly staff at the bar. The room was quiet except for the reversing truck on the park side of the street that sat with it's beeper going for 20 mins. Recommend a city view room, which I have had in the past.

Room Tip: Select a city view room to avoid the street traffic

Dear Kazza880,

Greetings from Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane.

It was great to read your review and find out about your recent experience at the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your room's rain shower head and found our bar staff to be friendly.

I was however disappointed to read that the bed was not up to your expectations. Bed firmness is a matter of personal taste and as we know all tastes are different we do offer pillow toppers for our guests upon request if they find the mattress does not suit. I apologise that we did not offer you that option to help ensure your comfort.

Thank you again for your feedback. I trust you had a pleasant trip home, and we look forward to your next visit to the hotel.

Kind Regards,