Dive World - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Totally recommended!

I did a couple of dives with Dive World on their boat - the boat is covered and roomy, and the... read more

Reviewed July 30, 2013
SarahW976
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Professional advice you can count on.

Reviewed March 2, 2015
Nick S
Brisbane, Australia

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 2, 2015

Ray has a wealth of knowledge and experience that he is willing to share. His no nonsense practical approach to teaching made learning easy.

Date of experience: February 2015
DotDiveWorld, Manager at Dive World, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2015

Hi Nick S, thank you very much for your review and feedback.

Reviewed February 9, 2015 via mobile

Recently went to Truk Lagoon with dive world. What an amazing place. The dive leader Ray was always proactive in ensuring the safety of all divers, answering all questions about diving and dive safety, computers etc etc from the tour group. We had a range of divers from experienced to inexperienced and all were treated in a professional and friendly manner. Hands down the best dive trip, it's a shame I can't do the next one due to work commitments.
Thanks Dive World.

Hi Simon, we love taking dive holidays so appreciate the positive feedback! See you on the next one!

Reviewed February 9, 2015

I joined Dive World in October 2014 to do my Assistant Instructor and IDC courses to become a certified Open Water Scuba Instructor. I had checked out a few of the other places in Brisbane, and was still deciding where to go when I contacted Dive World. Within an hour Ray had got back to me with all the details, availability and structure of the courses that I needed to know, and was friendly and professional. I went along later that week to a "Go Pro" PADI presentation that Dive World were running and signed up that evening. Their shop was immaculate, and their service friendly and professional. I spent some time observing the way they ran courses and helping out as a DM before I started my IDC, just to see how they did things and if I liked the way they operated. I really appreciated this as you really don't know if a dive shop's style matches yours till you spend some time with them. Dive World are professional and run a tight ship (pardon the pun), which a some people may not like, but safety is their priority, and the fact they have won State awards for workplace health and safety only reiterates this. This morning I passed my IE and am officially an OWS Instructor! Now I'm qualified, and having gone through Dive World's education system, I intend to begin teaching in my spare time with the shop! Thanks Dive World for your support and help with my IDC/IE and see you soon!

Date of experience: October 2014
2  Thank intrepid_jem

Hi Jemma, thank you for taking the time to do this review. We are very grateful you allowed us to take you on your diving journey! Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed January 21, 2015

Great instructor, happy place, safety first followed close second with plenty of fun. Thanks dive world

Date of experience: January 2015

Hi Glenn, thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed December 29, 2014 via mobile

New customers beware. Up front Ray and His wife seem fun, inviting, relaxed but once they have your money they soon become arrogant and pushy. So called on sale gear was well used ex hire gear and anything new was way overpriced in comparison to other stores in Brisbane. The gear that was hired to us was old torn faded and nothing matched and for the price it was a joke. They never seemed to be organised and if a course ran late they rushed. I felt like they were more interested in the sale rather then my safety. We did our dive in really bad conditions which we should not have been diving in as far as I'm concerned and whinged when they had to do extra dives to finish the course. I also purchased products which didn't work and I asked for my money back they said no and wanted me to pay return postage for it to be rectified. Ray was extremely unprofessional towards the female divers with sexual comments including my gf. Would recommend anyone to do a course with them, new divers beware.

Date of experience: January 2014
5  Thank matttheaviator17
DotDiveWorld, Manager at Dive World, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2015

Matttheaviator17. Rarely do we have a customer that disapproves of our business practice, but like all small business, we have the odd customer, we do our best to get in touch and resolve all matters swiftly. Your review is disgusting and unprofessional. It has been 3.5 years since we terminated your friend's employment and you haven't been in our shop since then. You really have touched on lots of awful things - course timeliness (your best mate was the Course Director and Training Manager who ran all your courses), gear (you purchased second hand gear that you inspected prior to purchase. Maybe you should have purchased new), pricing (we price match and regularly beat other shops on pricing), safety (this is serious and you should have reported issues either to management (your friend was the Course Director and Training Manager) or the regulatory body), and to top it off, inappropriate dealings with women (maybe you should contact the police or our solicitor as those are very serious allegations). Everything you list here is quite serious so I wonder why you would post it on Trip Advisor. Our Management take pride in our 99% course success rate, our staff take pride in their customer service and level of instruction. We are Southern Queensland’s number one for a good reason.