“Delicious Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great Italian food at Dell'Ugo, however food prices and wines are on the expensive side. This establishment would fare better if prices were 20% lower. Excellent service as the staff are really attentive and great atmosphere at this restaurant.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Only decided to try this restaurant because it was pouring with rain. The food was ok, but there was a problem with wine.

I chose what I thought was a reasonably priced bottle of Chianti, only for the owner/senior waiter to arrive and tell me it was out of stock. He then tried to persaude me to have a bottle that cost another $30, whereupon I chose a different, cheaper bottle. And then when the bill came he had charged us for both bottles.

When pointing this out to the waiter I got a very limp 'oh mistakes happen', I think not, this was just a rip-off attempt.

The pasta dishes we had were ok, somewhat expensive, and nothing more than a competant cook could have made at home.

All in all, not a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Went to restaurant dell'Ugo week before Christmas. Easy to get a booking where other restaurants were fully booked. Each wine we chose was out of stock and explanation was that it was Christmas so no stock. Only very expensive bottles priced over $100. Food was not to the high standard that it used to be, Pasta with prawns was absolutely tastless and seafood lasagne was of the impression of being only canned tuna. Very ordinary and would not recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This place use to be a favourite. The staff treated you like family (still do actually) and the food was always interesting, sumptuous, treated with care and not your usually Aussie italian fare. While the staff are still fantastic unfortunately I must have been spoilt by a previous chef (no more of those delicious canoli). Maybe it was just an off Friday night for the chef.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Had a lovely dinner last night at Dell'ugo on Southbank.

Contrary to the odd bad review on UrbanSpoon, we experienced an excellent meal, top quality and friendly service from Gabby and the team, and a lovely atmosphere.

My wife has major allergies and is the 'canary' in that it is very difficult for her to get a good tasty meal in a restaurant. Dell'ugo gave her an excellent meal and mine was equally good and interestingly different. Not the usual standard Italian but imaginative.

We will definitely be back there next time we are in Brisbane.