Meriton Suites Herschel Street, Brisbane
Royal Albert Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$131
Hilton Brisbane(Brisbane)
$156
$151
  • Restaurant
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$131
$109
$137
  • Restaurant
Royal On The Park(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$115
$96
$79
$62
6,527 results
All reviewsroma street stationthe riversouth bankpedestrian bridgeone bedroom apartmentfull kitchenserviced apartmentgreat apartmentsuncorp stadiumthese apartmentswasher and dryershort walkper nightqueen street mallexcellent staygreat place to stayexcellent location
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I recently travelled all the way from Perth to Brisbane for an exhibition that I was exhibiting at. I travelled with my Mum and my daughter.

Initial impression was how beautiful the apartments are and how lovely and friendly the staff were.

The rooms were lovely and comfortable. Huge comfy bed and the apartment had everything that you needed in it.

Very handy to have the washer and dryer to wash uniforms each night.

The construction noise was hardly noticeable during the day.

It was lovely and close to the Convention centre. Just a short walk over one of the bridges.

On checkout the staff rang a cab for me as we weren't sure what size we needed (lots of bags). Then they helped take our cases out.

Well done Meriton. Huge pat on the back. I loved the Sydney apartments and I was not disappointed with your Brisbane ones.

Free wi-fi. Excellent idea. Parking was not an issue for me this time as I didn't need to hire a car. Glad to see that you have thought of this closer to completion.

Thank you again. It was a pleasure to stay here. I will be back :-)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Michelle T
MSABrisonHerschelSt, Manager at Meriton Suites Herschel Street, Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Michelle T

Thank you for your recent post on your stay with us at Meriton Serviced Apartments Herschel St. I was thrilled to read you enjoyed our apartments and the facilities offered. It was great feedback from a regular Meriton Serviced Apartments guest. I have passed your kind comments onto our staff on your behalf.

We cant wait to show Brisbane our apartments from levels 65 - 74 at the top of the building once they are complete. The views will be amazing!

We would love to welcome you back when next you visit Brisbane.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Good - Excellent value for money (Upper levels are still under construction so are heavily discounted). Great fully equipped apartment style rooms with everything that you need for short to medium term stay. Very good facilities ie pool/spa, gym. Nice views of the river and CBD from the upper levels especially, once construction is finished. Excellent location.
The Bad - No parking available onsite. Yes, the building is still being finished but no access to onsite parking is unacceptable. The transit centre parking option is (a) expensive, (b) unsafe (c) inconvenient. Anyone arriving after dark with a family will understand what I am talking about here. The fact that this parking option is not provided FOC until construction is finished is also not particularly smart if you are hoping to convert your "opening discounted rate" customers into repeat business. Late checkout fees are too high at $25 per hour, and the late checkout policy lacks any sense of discretion and flexibility.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Simmo777

Dear Simmo777

Thank you for your post on your stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments Herschel St. I was glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in our apartments. I am sorry that the parking was an issue during your stay, it is not the ideal situation for us but does offer an alternative to all our guests until we can have our onsite parking operational. I have taken your concerns regarding late check out on board and will review our charges in this area.

We would like the opportunity to welcome you back when next you are in Brisbane?

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights on their opening special. This was extremely good value for money and was not disturbed but the current construction.
The rooms are well presented and clean but they are a little cramped, (FYI - Meriton Adelaide St has a better layout). I.e. you don't even have room to do a pushup in the lounge/kitchen area. Only the entrance hallway allows this.
The only real disappointment was the bed and pillows. Hotel rule 101 says you should have one big pillow and one little pillow but instead you have 4 massive (thick) pillows. I asked at reception for smaller pillows but was told you only stock the one size. In addition, your king sized bed (2 singles joined together) was rather uncomfortable at the join. This led to poor quality sleep.
The pool is one of the better hotel pools I have seen but the gym area needs some free weights. The current selection of weights only goes from 2-10kg which is nothing and could be improved.
I will stay here again but please to improve people's sleep stock 2 different sized pillows and invest in a better mattress cover so the join in the beds (on your "king sized beds" is less obvious and intrusive during sleep.
Your big plus is the free wifi and foxtel (sports channels).

• Stayed: June 2013
MSABrisonHerschelSt, Manager at Meriton Suites Herschel Street, Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Smittzel

Thank you for your recent post regarding your stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments Herschel St. It was great to read your comments both good and constructive, it is with all guest comments that we as a business can grow to improve our facilities and standards to suit our guests and their comfort.

We have recently purchased thinner style pillows which are available from Housekeeping should a guest like one, we are also purchasing mattress toppers, also available on request to assist guests with a good not sleep should they require one.

I am looking into our gym to see if we can purchase some larger free weights.

We would love to welcome you back when next you visit Brisbane.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 13, 2013

100% recommend this place. Brand new and finished to perfection. Booked a cube room on special for $96 as they are still building (we did not hear any building work) and they kindly upgraded us to a 1 bedroom. the staff at the front desk were very helpful and although we never got to use it they had a great pool/spa facility also. all in all had a great stay.

Room Tip: higher the better, great views!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Leelike

Thank you for your recent post on your stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments Herschel St. I was so happy to read your positive comments and the great stay you had in our brand new property.

All our staff would love to welcome you back when next you are in Brisbane so you can enjoy our great pool facilities?

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Meriton Serviced Apartment at Herschel Street for 2 nights.

The place is right opposite of Central Transit so it's convenient to go around the city. Everything's new and clean in the room. Although it's a pity that I didn't cook myself with the nice kitchen, I really enjoyed the shower and the bed which are the most 2 important things to me. The sound proof is also good and I was not disturbed at all even though it's still under construction. The accessories are not full provided but just enough which is environment friendly. The staffs here are quite nice even the interns.

The only drawback is there is no free parking since the parking in city is quite crowded and expensive if driving a car here.

Will definitely choose Meriton again for the next visit!

• Stayed: June 2013
MSABrisonHerschelSt, Manager at Meriton Suites Herschel Street, Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Abdkflr

Thank you for your recent post on you stay with us. I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay in our new property and that we could provide the product and service to make your stay an enjoyable one. Parking in the city is a premium and hard to find, once we are closer to completing construction we will have parking on site and a charge that reflects our competitors rates.