“Fantastic food, service and value”
Review of Birdcage Restaurant - CLOSED

Birdcage Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is a hidden gem. Our favourite place for lunch in Brisbane. The daily tasting plates are delicious, filling, and only $19. Seriously good value. Great service.
Beautiful looking restaurant in very cool Woolloongabba precinct. Love it.

2  Thank Engoiet

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I visited Brisbane recently and had the pleasure of going to this restaurant with my sisters. After walking through the front door we were greeted immediately with a friendly smiling waitress to show us to our table. Reviewing the menu it was so hard just to pick one entree and one main. I could of eaten the whole menu but for entree I chose was the pork, shiitake and bamboo potstickers with black rice vinegar and pickled ginger dipping sauce these beautiful little parcels of flavour were amazing and as for the dipping sauce that was superb. I felt like drinking it! For my main I had the 100 grain fed Kilcoy beef sirloin, coriander seasoned, grilled and served with “crying tiger” sauce and glass noodle salad. The sirloin was melt in your mouth and dipping into the crying tiger sauce was a taste explosion. After our mains we decided not to have dessert but instead head down to the other end of the restaurant to their bar area for a mouthwatering cocktail. The bartender was as friendly as you could get even though he was busy he took time to make sure we were enjoying our cocktails. I highly recommend The Black Mojito. Whilst sitting at the bar the owner of the restaurant came and talked to us about our dining experience, this just topped the night right off. If you are looking for a dining and cocktail experience this is your place to go.

2  Thank Johnson2001
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

A good development in this little strip. Quick service from the front door, early offer of drinks and prompt water during the whole service.
The menu was varied with great vegetarian options and a warning about items that were a spicy option. The menu was creative and appreciated some discussion with the staff about their flavours.

1  Thank Lovegoodfoodandwine