“Professional Service with Great Banter!”

Professional Dive Services - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Professional Dive Services was established by PADI IDC Staff Instructor John Gransbury in July 2010. John recognised a need for a mobile dive company that allows divers to access dive sites all over the Eastern seaboard of Australia and not just sites in the local Brisbane area. The ethos of Professional Dive Services is providing personalised unparalleled diver training, the flexibility to cater to each individual diver’s needs and above all to have FUN!!John is the most qualified Specialty Instructor in Brisbane and can certify you in over 20 specialties including Ice Diver, Altitude Diver, Self Reliant Diver, Wreck Diver, Search and Recovery, Drysuit Diver, Shark Awareness and many more! Professional Dive Services can help you with all of your training from Open Water to Assistant Instructor. Let us cater to your needs! We also specialise in organising custom trips for families, groups and celebrations. What better way to celebrate a milestone birthday than a week or weekend of diving with all of your mates?!We don’t have our own boat as once you have a boat you are committed to making sure that it stays in the water and is constantly running. By not having our own boat we are free to roam, take advantage of the huge array of dive sites available on the East coast, the most experienced operators, most comfortable boats, all whilst ensuring that you have an experience that will last you a lifetime.Come diving with us and and let John put the FUN back into your diving!
Reviewed October 7, 2013

John was recommended to me by a fellow diver as I was looking to do a dive trip with a reputable outfit here in Queensland. I dived the SS Yongala with John over a long weekend and had an absolute blast, as did the rest of the group! His customer focus was excellent from start to finish and both the trip logistics & organisation were top drawer.
I did my Nitrox course too and found John to be a great teacher; very knowledgeable, enthusiastic and approachable. I also really appreciated all the underwater photography post production hints and tips he shared with our group.
I do not hesitate recommending doing a course or dive trip with John....have already booked another 2 trips this year!

1  Thank Saltwater_Rox
"calendar"
"knowledge"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed June 21, 2013

John is a great diver and instructor. I already had my certificate but took my 13 year old daughter to get her Openwater dive card. John was really good with her and the rest of the group. He is very positive and this is infectious. I went along for the course just to be there for my daughter. (Must say I refreshed a few things too!) The vis wasn't great on her open water dives but she still saw octopus, fish galore etc. John is very good at finding these little critters! My husband and I then went on a live aboard to Rodney Fox Adventures. Thanks to John for organising it, or we may have never quite gotten around to it. John had been there before and eagerly answered all my questions. His tip of taking a spare towel was a good one too! John is lots of fun to be with too, and very passionate about this sport. I would recommend him for learning to dived and as a diving companion.

1  Thank JessicaB B
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I recently completed my Open Water PADI course with John and was pretty blown away by him. He was an absolutely fantastic instructor, who was fun, serious and enjoyable to talk to. I honestly can't recommend highly enough of him.
The pool side of the course was great, it was instructional enough but quick enough to get through so we could hit the seaway for the first open water dive. He was extremely patient with questions and very thorough in the explanation of equipment, as well as being extremely passionate about diving and the ocean in general. John provided a lot of information on the basic gear which would be required for future dives, and advised us as to what prices were reasonable and not hugely inflated.. particularly after purchasing some very overpriced fins elsewhere!
The class size was myself and another course taker, so a two people to one instructor ratio - I hear that doesn't happen very often in other places! Overall, VERY GOOD! John would be my straight up number one recommendation to anyone wanting to complete dive certificates, and I hope to be joining their future trips!

1  Thank Bonnie P
granso, Owner at Professional Dive Services - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

It was my pleasure! Now we just have to get your other half into diving so you can both join us for a weekend away! Thank you for choosing to dive with Professional Dive Services and I look forward to our next dive adventure!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I completed our PADI Open Water Dive tickets with Professional Dive Services and I cannot recommend them highly enough! Professional Dive Services was recommended by a number of our friends as a company that is experienced, patient and passionate about diving and the ocean.

I am not a strong swimmer and until recently had a fear of the ocean but wanted to get my dive ticket as I am moving to Micronesia. The support and individual attention I got from my Dive Instructor John was great! He clearly has a love for what he does and wants to share it with those who are interested. His class sizes are generally small and this allowed me to get the individualised attention that I needed.

Compared to other dive places his rates are very competitive and there are no hidden costs! Professional Dive Services also run a number of dive trips throughout Qld, Australia and Overseas. I would not hesitate to recommend Professional Dive Services to anyone wanting to get their dive ticket or do a trip; especially if you are a nervous nelly like I was!

1  Thank Amanda B

It was an honour and a privilege to teach you to dive. Never have had a such a committed student especially given your phobia of the water! There is truly nothing that you can't achieve if you put your mind to it! Well done! Thank you for choosing to dive with Professional Dive Services and I look forward to our next dive adventure!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My partner and i recently completed our PADI open water course with John. He was a great instructor and i can't speak highly enough of him. He was very patient especially with my partner who has recently been working at overcoming a fear of the water. I hope to continue my diving with his regular dive trips soon.

Also unlike other dive companies there are no hidden fees or charges and he will not try and 'screw' you by selling you significantly over priced equipment.

1  Thank Nath1978

It was an absolute pleasure to train you both mate. There is noting more satisfying for me than to help a person get over their fear and get them in the water. You in particular took to diving like a duck to water! Thank you for choosing to dive with Professional Dive Services and I look forward to our next dive adventure!