“Far too expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Queenie's Traditional Tea House - CLOSED

Queenie's Traditional Tea House
Cuisines: British, Fusion, Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Description: Queenie's Traditional Tea House is one of Brisbane's most iconic tea houses offering a sumptuous range of gorgeous high teas, hot and continental breakfasts, morning teas, afternoon teas and lunches as well as a delectable range of stunning teas.
Australia
“Far too expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

My friend and I had afternoon tea here recently and it was very nice. Sandwiches, cakes, scones and their tea was all delicious! And the service was very good.

However it is really expensive, we were both shocked at how small everything was considering the price.

• Visited May 2014

Ponorogo, Indonesia
“High teas at Queenies - disappointing experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

High teas at Queenies, well the food wasn’t bad, but wasn’t good, either, were I had what was refereed on the menu as the Regal High Tea. For a tea house that's been around for 11 years I felt it lacked character, and the food well was average, and the place felt a cross between an average cafe and a road house with paper table cloths, that just didn’t add to any character. At the end of the high tea I was disappointed with the experience, its a place I definitively will not return too.

• Visited October 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“I am NOT a tea drinker and I loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

We actually wanted to visit the pizza place opposite for a very late lunch one Saturday afternoon. That restaurant wasn't open, so we ended up in Queenie's.
Queenie's is a small cafe set in an old building in Nundah Village. There's room for only 6 or 7 tables.
The decor is fresh and tea-inspired, with a couple of large dressers full of all sorts of tea paraphernalia.
We were warmly greeted, seated and presented with the very short menu. The attendant helped us select teas to match our choice of food (delectable home-made pies and salad).
Other customers were enjoying high tea. They seemed to be enjoying themselves immensely.
Cost : Reasonable for the quality and service.
Parking : Plenty of free side-street parking on weekends; Very restricted weekdays.

• Visited June 2013
Toronto
“Excellent tea house with large tea selection and tasty treats.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have had high tea all over the world including throughout England and Europe the US and Canada. This ranks up there in terms of service and taste. The sandwiches were tasty and perfectly proportioned. The scones were moist and best I have had. There was a large tea selection and we were assisted with which teas to try. We were given a sample of French Earl Grey to start. The chicken pie was light and tasty. I highly recommend this tea house. The classic high tea was $30 which is on the high side for tea but not for Australia. I would definitely return to Queenie's.

• Visited August 2013
Melbourne
“Great high teas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I've been to Queenie's a number of times now and each time have really enjoyed it. The excellent scones and teas are what keeps me going back - last time I went to purchase some leaf tea for home from their huge range, and ended up staying for a pot of tea and a scone.
My first visit there was with a friend who had been given a voucher. She treated me and my son to a high tea each - cakes, sandwiches, coconut ice, basically the works - then went to pay with a voucher she had been given. The manager pointed out that not only was the voucher expired, but she was a new owner and hadn't issued the voucher, but then honoured it. That, and their excellent food, really endeared them to me. The atmosphere is very English tea room with gentle classical music playing, and the staff are friendly and accommodating for everyone from elderly to small kids.
A bit out of the way if you're just visiting Brisbane, but worth it if you're a local. Particularly good if you're looking for a really good range of quality leaf teas too, hard to find in Brisbane.

• Visited May 2013