“Brilliant.”

Taj Bengal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #1,087 of 4,294 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brisbane, Australia
“Brilliant.”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I have been eating here for over 8 years.
Mostly takeaway. It's with out a doubt the best Indian I've had in Australia
Every dish has a different base and are full of flavours. They use very traditional ingredients. Sagwala a must try!

Visited December 2013

Brisbane, Australia
“Best Indian in Brisbane”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've had more curries than most people have had hot dinners... wait, that doesn't work. I've had a lot of curries in my time. This is among the best and certainly the best I have had in my hometown, Brisbane.

Made fresh, this authentic Indian restaurant does a great job at replicating the charm of a good old fashioned Indian meal. We shared about 5 different curries between us, we also sampled the naan and samosas, all of which were delicious.

This restaurant was recommended to us from another person who agrees this is the best Indian food in Brisbane.

Their Ceylon curry was a personal favourite (available in lamb or chicken).

• Visited August 2013
“The best Indian food in Brisbane!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We have been going to the Taj Bengal Indian restaurant for many years now - mostly for take away but occasionally we dine in. It has been consistently outstanding in the quality of the food served. There are heaps of vegetarian options and all of them taste fantastic. My sons favorite is the paneer butter Marsala, my partners favorite is the mushroom and pea and I like them all!

• Visited June 2013
Brsibane,Australia
“Excellent Indian Food in Brisbane”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have gone to Taj Benjal for the past few years and it continues to offer one of the best meat curries in Brisbane. We travel from Northside of Brisbane to Ashgrove especially for these curries, and have introduced many of our friends to this excellent restaurant. The curries taste authentic, the flavour is through the meat and the spices are real. My husband recommends the Beef Vingaloo hot for a good hot curry experience to bring out a bit of a sweat. I prefer the lamb Rogan Josh, Saagwala or Madras medium - all very tasty and tender. And the butter chicken mild is always good for those who like it mild. Friends have had the prawn curry and enjoyed that thoroughly too. All in all, a nice casual restaurant evening out that is very reasonably priced for an enjoyable meal.

• Visited May 2013
“Best takeaway Indian in the Ashgrove area.”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Looks a bit of a miserable place to dine-in but as a takeaway it is the best we've had in the area. Curries taste a little more home-made. Love the fish curry!

• Visited April 2013