“Yummy Vietnamese Food!”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Visited after sons graduation (his choice) Group of 5. Service was excellent, and friendly. It was the Restaurants1st Birthday so we all had a glass of free Riesling and 2 free chicken salads, We ordered PadThai, Me Goreng, Angus Beef, and 2 others. the food was hot and delicious, as was thr Chilli Mojito! Will certainly be back!

There are newer reviews for Fat Noodle Restaurant

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We are big Luke Nguyen fans so when we were down in Brisbane we had to try Fat Noodle.

Whilst the food was excellent, the service was not on par with what he had at the Red Lantern. The decor is quite beautiful and the presentation of the food was top notch. Our only complaint food wise was they did not serve Vietnamese coffee which my husband and I adore from our travels to Vietnam (and again had enjoyed this at The Red Lantern), we could however have iced Vietnamese coffees which were delicious.

Found it a little strange that we could not book a table in the evening, we were a party of 6 so we had to get there very early to ensure we got a table. Also when we wanted to spilt the bill (a easy $100 on each of the CCs which would include a nice tip) we were told we couldn't, okay I can see that during a busy lunchtime if people wanted to split bills with $25 here, $32 there and $16 it would be a nightmare but on a quiet early weekday evening surely the rules could have been bent a little?

We will certainly be trying this at lunchtime, just would love to see Vietnamese coffee on the menu next time!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a great place to meet friends for a delicious Asian-inspired meal. The service is very good and the staff helpful and pleasant. The restaurant becomes very busy in peak times and since you can't book a table you may have a short wait, but it is worth the wait, believe me.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We were so looking forward to visiting this restaurant having been to his restaurant in Surrey Hills before. We were impressed then - and blown away this time. The staff were so friendly and helpful. The first day we stopped by for a light lunch which was excellent and came back the following night for dinner.
Once again, attentive staff amazing food. Fragrant, fresh and incredibly well balanced spices. The value was excellent. I would highly recommend The Fat Noodle to anyone.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Heard all the buzz about this place and decided to attend with my partner.
This place is part of the Treasury Casino, and as such, the customers are treated like crap.
If you have ever been to a casino eatery, this is the same, you are ushered in and rushed back out to continue gambling.
The inside is cluttered and claustrophobic, with seats and chairs all crammed together.
The staff, always rushing around, but never actually serving!
Anyway onto the food, prices averaging around $20, i was expecting great food.
My partner ordered the wagyu beef dish, which was luke warm and bland, the beef is minced!
I ordered the chicken noodle dish with beansprouts, the food arrived promptly but seperatley (remember my casino comments), there were 2 small peices of chicken in my whole dish, and wait for it, the beansprouts were sat raw on the side of my plate!!!
Obviously the dish was sent back via the mute manager, who returned with another dish, without comment, only dirty looks?
Plenty of chicken this time, but still very average for a $20 dish.
On paying for the meal, nothing was said, no apology or discount.
The mute manager was however stood beside the kitchen still giving me his hilarious dirty looks....scary!!
Unless your in the casino and just needing a quick fill me up before heading back into gamble, dont waste your time in this overpriced, over hyped dump.

2  Thank Terry M