“The BEST petite degustation”
Review of Bacchus

Bacchus
Ranked #4 of 4,407 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Every element of the award winning Bacchus restaurant has been designed with indulgence in mind. Head Chef Massimo Speroni's menu showcases a modern outlook on classical dishes and a commitment to quality ingredients and depth of flavour.
Brisbane, Australia
“The BEST petite degustation”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

The atmosphere and décor was divine. The staff were very friendly with an abundant knowledge of the foods and wines / spirits on offer. We choose the petite degustation which just kept coming but most importantly the tastes and flavours were fantastic. Thank you so much for a fantastic experience.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jim R
ArnaudHebrard, Manager at Bacchus, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Jim R,

Thank you so much for your great review. We are very pleased you enjoyed the Petit Degustation so much. Thank you for commending our staff for their knowledge and professionalism. They truly pay tribute to Head Chef Mark's fabulous cuisine and that what makes the difference!

Thank you again for your kind words!
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Evening drink.....way over priced...”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have been here, the first time we came for drinks and dinner, it was great..... But
This time I was appalled at the price of our drinks... Yes the service is great and the venue is top notch.... But
Where do you get off charging $19:00 for a standard vodka and some juice.... One spirit and juice is not a cocktail - cocktails consist of multiple sprits and mixers....
No wonder there was only one other couple in the bar on a Saturday night....
Shame could be a winning place if the price was normal....

ArnaudHebrard, Manager at Bacchus, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Feefeelasvegas,

Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased to know you came back to us based on a great first experience!
However I am quite concerned with your comments about our prices. $19 is definitely not the price we apply for a standard spirit and mixer. We do charge $9.50 for such a beverage and I do not understand what would have happened there. Unless you had a double measure or two of those?
I would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you directly so I can resolve this shortfall with you and my team. Please let me know of the most convenient way to contact you.

Thank you for your comments.

arnaud@bacchussouthbank.com.au
Brisbane, Australia
“Tiny meals that didn't taste any good”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Fancy presentation of each dish, but that's as far as it goes. Neither of our meals tasted very good. We were really surprised at how incongruous the flavours were. Chicken was particularly bad. Staff were nice though.

• Visited April 2014
ArnaudHebrard, Manager at Bacchus, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Sarah G,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Bacchus.

I am so sorry you were not impressed by our dishes. Our head Chef Mark’s skill is to bring flavours together with an original twist on authentic creations.
Please accept my apologies if we failed to demonstrate the full intricacies of Mark’s cuisine on this occasion.
On another note I am pleased you enjoyed the service.

We hope this won’t stop you from coming back to us and give us another chance.
When you do may I ask that you contact me directly so I can make arrangements personally.

Thank you again for your feedback.

arnaud@bacchussouthbank.com.au
Sydney, Australia
“True gourmet”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Small degustation sized portions but everything about it sensational.We had two entrees and although tiny they were satisfying because they ere quite rich. Not the place to go if you expect pub style food. Definitely a fine dining place.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Heartwrite
ArnaudHebrard, Manager at Bacchus, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear HMLesley,

Thank you for sharing your experience of Bacchus. Our Degustation Menu is definitely a sensational experience and the number of courses is a great teaser and adventure through our Chef's cuisine and philosophy.

I am very pleased to know you enjoyed so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Bacchus,

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic dinner to celebrate wedding anniversary”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Our family booked in for dinner at the Bacchus restaurant to celebrate my parents 45th wedding anniversary. We chose the restaurant due to their proximity to QPAC as we were heading to the Lyric Theatre after dinner, and also based on the fact that it was apparent from their web-site that they had numerous gluten free and dairy free meal options.

We had such an enjoyable evening - everything from the fantastic ambience, excellent meals, friendly & professional service (the French staff are a plus !!).

One of the best dining experiences we have had in Brisbane.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Trudy G
ArnaudHebrard, Manager at Bacchus, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Trudy G,

Thank you for your review, I am so pleased you had such a great experience of Bacchus and that we made your parent's special occasion an experience to remember. 45 years is a great achievement and I wish them many more years of happiness!

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!