“Exceptional in every way”
Review of Bacchus

Bacchus
Reserve with
Bacchus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 4,370 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Every element of the award winning Bacchus restaurant has been designed with indulgence in mind. Head Chef Massimo Speroni's menu showcases a modern outlook on classical dishes and a commitment to quality ingredients and depth of flavour.
Queensland, Australia
“Exceptional in every way”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Two previous visits were so good that I chose Bacchus to celebrate my birthday. The atmosphere for a special occasion is lovely- nice to be able to "dress up " as so many places are so casual. The staff were so attentive and knew their job, the food was delicious( all 3 courses) and we were offered tastings of dessert wines which were really lovely. I could not fault anything and we will certainly return. Breakfast the next morning was also exceptional. Bacchus is the reason we stay at Rydges hotel when visiting Brisbane.

• Visited March 2014
Dear Ozrob63,

Thank you so very much for your great review. I'm delighted that you chose us again for your special occasion. Creating memorable experiences is what excites us!
And yes you are right, our breakfast is great too!

We look forward to welcoming you back in Bacchus next time you visit Brisbane.

Arnaud

“Unbelievable. Your tasteless will thank you!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We tried the degaustation menu and it was amazing. Get the menu paired with wines chosen by the sommelier for the ultimate experience - and the glass of Dom! Definitely a must do in Brisbane for all the foodies out there. Our vegan friends had there own menu and had equally stunning dishes presented to the table. 5 star all the way. Best for special occasions and memorable moments.

Dear Missjules_ann,

Thank you very much for your praises! The degustation menu with paired wines is definitely the ultimate experience of Bacchus. And there's no reason why Vegans and Vegetarians alike couldn't experience it all the same!

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Brisbane, Australia
“One for the bucket list!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We don't often give feedback and in our experience people only go to the trouble of writing to criticise! Well in this case we are writing to complement you and your staff on a fantastic

From the initial greeting on arrival then Zack and Andrew and the other team members who waited on us, absolutely incredible...fantastic....

Zack is a fountain of knowledge with an engaging personality eager to assist and inform. Andrew, is without doubt excellent at matching wine with food and not afraid to push boundaries...excellent choices with all courses of our degustation experience combined with excellent ***** service.

Again we thank all the team for an unforgettable evening.

Dear jaybeeMelbourne,

Thank you so very much for your feedback. This is very heartening to hear you had such a great experience and that the team at Bacchus made it all happen. Zack and Andrew were very pleased to read your kind words and they deserve to be commanded for their passion.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Bacchus very soon!

Brisbane, Australia
“Food was amazing but a shame the service wasn't”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We booked a high tea for 2 for a girls catch up. I tried to contact the restaurant several times to make the booking and was unsuccessful, with the switchboard just telling me to "call back later". I saw on their website you could book via dimmi, so I did. I booked the champagne high tea for early afternoon. Someone from the hotel did ring to confirm the reservation a few days before which I thought was good. They also confirmed that we had booked the champagne high tea which put my mind at easy that they had all of our details.

When we arrived we were taken in the restaurant which was beautifully laid out, they put us next group of 20 ladies for a baby shower (this was the only other table in the restaurant that was taken) We thought to ourselves surely you could have put us on a different table rather than being on top of each other, but reserved our opinion and sat back waiting for the service, which sadly never came. Our waiter did give us a tea menu and poured water. They never confirmed which high tea package we would like nor did they try and upsell any champagne/sparkling wine. The waiter took our tea order and said they would happily give us refills later in the day as we were having trouble choosing which tea to have.

The food arrived shortly after and it was fresh, delicious, well presented, and was a good selection of sweets. However we were a little disappointed that the menu specifically said we would received both plain and sultana scones, yet we only received plain scones. There was no water refill, no offer of second tea or coffee, and no mention of the champagne. We watched as the other tables around us received water/additional tea and coffee refills and wondered what had happened. A waiter finally cleared the high tea stand and plates with no check back about the food and there was no additional offer of water.

We eventually took ourselves to the counter to pay and asked if which we could split the bill which they were most happy to (which is great as a lot of placed won't split these days.) But as one of us wanted to pay cash we were told that there was no change in the till and they would have to go and get some. Overall the atmosphere for high tea was wonderful and I have no doubt this could be the "IT" place to have high tea in Brisbane. They just need to sort out the service issues during high tea.

ArnaudHebrard, Manager at Bacchus, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear little_miss1414,

Thank you for your review. Let me apologize first for my late response, I had been away for a few weeks when you visited us.
I am so sorry to hear you had such an experience of Bacchus. This is definitely not reflective of our standards, and please accept my apologies for not living up to your expectations on this occasion.
But be assured your comments have been used to resolve this shortfall in our restaurant.

I understand Tessa had contacted you since then and that you visited us last weekend again for high tea.
Please don't hesitate to send me your feedback directly on arnaud@bacchussouthbank.com.au, I am curious to know how was your experience this time.

Thank you again for your honest feedback.

Brooklet, Australia
“Great for grownups”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Even the kids items were huge and far too adult for little ones. However, we grownups loved it. We used it for room service, very quick and hot and crispy.

Visited January 2014
ArnaudHebrard, Manager at Bacchus, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Doctorsooz,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our food even though the kids portions were too generous!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Brisbane.