“New to fine dining”
Review of Bacchus

Bacchus
Reserve with
Bacchus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 4,325 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Every element of the award winning Bacchus restaurant has been designed with indulgence in mind. Head Chef Massimo Speroni's menu showcases a modern outlook on classical dishes and a commitment to quality ingredients and depth of flavour.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“New to fine dining”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I attended Bacchus for a work dinner and was reluctant at first because when i looked at the menu there was nothing i could understand ( as i am not one for fine dining) but after some help with the menu i had placed an order. the food was beautifully presented and tasted amazing the waiters were great and very friendly i would definately go back again. I recommend to those who havent experienced fine dining to step out of your comfort zone and go to bacchus as you won't be dissapointed.

Brisbane, Australia
“AMAZING experience!!!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

A night that I can not forget about. I had an amazing dining experience at Bacchus and on top of that the service was great plus the fine european dishes were sensational, everything I ate just melted in my mouth. ***YOU MUST TRY***** Chocolate Pear for dessert, when it arrieved my eyes lit up my and mouth dropped. The best part of all, was that every spoon full I had I felt I was in heaven.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oh what a night!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had a large table for dinner in Bacchus mid-week. The staff were exceptional - especially Jean Baptiste. I had the scallop starter, duck main and fennel mille-feuille dessert. I was super impressed with the whole meal. The lamb was a massive hit at our event and the choco-pear dessert - will have to try that next time!
I'll be back Bacchus!!

• Visited March 2013
“Escape to a place that has bought european excellence to Brisbane.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Appreciate food and you'll appreciate Bacchus. Arrange transport for the night and enjoy the seasonal seven course degustation with matching wines. During the week we experienced excellent service to match food and atmosphere. We even got to choose the style of knife before being served the fillet of beef. Our favourite for the night was the sautéed mushroom burrata with confit egg yolk and mushroom sauce.

Brisbane, Australia
“TRYING TOO HARD”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were extremely disappointed at our total experience in both the restaurant and bar. They have obviously spent alot of money on the fit out but that's where the positives end. Once seated in the restaurant, we had to remind the waiter three times of our drink order (too busy trying to look cool).
With every dish that was placed on the table, a long-winded explanation of the produce was recited - who really cares if the olive olive oil used is from from plants especially grown for the restaurant in Spain (really??)
I'm sure the lengthy explanation contributed to the temperature of our meals but the 'over-priced' steaks, served on a cold plate had to be sent back.
The sommelier was as helpful and as engaging as my four year old at suggesting a wine.
Might be the place to be at the moment but my feeling is that it won't be long-lived.

4 Thank Angela T
FandBBACCHUS, Manager at Bacchus, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Angela T,

It is important that we clarify a few facts here, equally, to express our disappointment in the nature of your review. First and foremost, your party was ejected from the venue for assaulting a member of our team for refusal of service due to intoxication - this is completely unacceptable.

Further to this, you and your party were black listed in both the hotel and Bacchus due to continued aggressive behaviour towards our staff.

It is absolutely in our interests to understand poor experiences our guests may have, however, in this instance I will leave it to other users of this page to make assumptions on the integrity of these reviews.

Yours Sincerely,