“Spoilt Rotten!!”

Bacchus
Ranked #3 of 4,632 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Every element of the award winning Bacchus restaurant has been designed with indulgence in mind. Head Chef Massimo Speroni's menu showcases a modern outlook on classical dishes and a commitment to quality ingredients and depth of flavour.
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I rarely get a night out so with a babysitter organised in advance we were both really looking forward to a special night - we were not disappointed. We started with pool side cocktails surrounded by beautiful furniture and sounds. Our meal was fantastic, my (very critical ex-chef) husband was especially impressed with the lamb as well as the pear desert and I loved the scallops. We experienced fantastic and attentive service from the stunning hostess to the waiter who really made us feel special. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank ClareCoyle
There are newer reviews for Bacchus

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I kept hearing about this new place in Brisbane, especially after it's New Year's Eve party, so a few friends and I decided to try it out recently...and Im so glad we did. We arrived late afternoon, relaxed on the pool deck and enjoyed sharing their famous punch bowls - including the 'Bacchus Social' - which made for a perfect summer afternoon! The surroundings are stunning with gorgeous little glamourous touches and the service is friendly, warm and attentive yet not intrusive..and it was a busy Sunday afternoon. We ordered a selection of Tapas and Ive got to say, it was the best Tapas I've ever had and the presentation was exceptional. The flavours were out of this world and again, ideal for sharing. A few of us tried some of their other cocktails in the evening which were all so unique and unlike anything any of us had seen or tasted before - hats off to the bar team! The 'smoking' cocktails are a real sight to see and very impressive! To make things even better, all the prices are very reasonable, including the restaurant menu. I've also just learnt that this place has been named one of the World's Best Bars and it so deserves to! We're all going back again soon with partners, family, friends and I hear the degustation menu is incredible too. This is certainly my new favourite place in Brisbane. Im already planning my birthday party there as you can hire areas (or the whole place) exclusively. Can't wait!

1  Thank Dulci2010
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I took my wife in for a quiet romantic dinner on Tuesday night last week, as we had been far to busy before christmas and new years to see if Bacchus lived up to the Hype! From the moment we walked in the door until we received our bill, as the title says "Amazing" We decided to go with the degustation menu, on recommendation from our waiter, "JB" and we were not dissapointed. Beautifully constructed, well balanced, full of flavor and every plate simply beautiful to look at! It was all the small unexpected touches throughout the evening that turned the night into a truly memorable experience! I won't list what they were, just trust me when I say, try it for yourself, you won't be dissapointed! Bacchus, you have set the benchmark for the dining scene in Brisbane! Oh, one more thing! There signature blend, Bacchus Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil, which features heavily throughout the dishes on the menu and is quite stunning in flavor, can be purchased in 500ml bottles! Obviously I got one, now I just wish I could cook like those Chefs at Bacchus!!

1  Thank Mellie11578
Reviewed January 26, 2013

New to Brisbane, a friend had told me about Bacchus which opened late 2012. We tried Bacchus on the first night reopening in the New Year, which was a week earlier than they had originally planned, so we were fortunate to get a reservation for the same day but I would recommend booking in advance.
The restaurant atmosphere is personal and private, tables are spaciously set so you feel like you are the only table in the restaurant and you can't here the chatter or conversation of people next to you.
We arrived before our 9pm booking and enjoyed a cocktail out on the open air deck by the pool. The pool is subtly lit and creates a great setting for romance or party and it works well in the setting layout with intimate seating and seating for groups, plus a DJ started up a little later. If the pool deck isn't your thing there is a lounge which features a wall of candles and a great selection of wine.
The service personnel were fantastic, from the time you walk in, to being seated, they are very informative, explain the menu, drink service is immediate, friendly, fast, professional and happy to answer any questions about the menu.
The food!!!! AMAZING!! The menu isn't complex nor lengthy and can be viewed on the website at any time. The value for money is impressive, not expensive by any means and I have paid more for less and terrible service. Complimentary dipping breadsticks are served after your menu selections have been taken. Presentation of the dishes is truly top of the scale, beautiful, simple yet highly professional and each dish tasted as amazing as looked.
Overall, I was extremely impressed with Bacchus, it presents 5 star, both for service and food, the best part is it is extremely affordable. Highly recommended and I will be going back to try the high tea and other events mentioned on the Bacchus website.

1  Thank DeeOz
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We dined at Bacchus last night (Thursday 24 January) - as it was a 'school' night we'd intended to have maybe two entrees each and a glass of wine.

Instead we couldn't go past the degustation menu with matched wines. OMG!! How extraordinary it was. The service was impeccable - our French waiter, BJ, was in equal parts friendly, yet knowledgeable and so professional.

The food was simply extraordinary - truly one of the best meals I've ever had (and I've had a LOT of great meals in my life). The wines were matched beautifully and were plentiful with no holding back on topping up the glass (so much so we had to leave the car there and go back and get it this morning - this too was handled professionally and no bother whatsoever).

I certainly wouldn't want to be the washer-upper there - the beautiful plates, glassware and cutlery enhanced the whole experience - but must be a nightmare to wash up - just gorgeous though.

The French waiter and super professional sommelier were knowledgeable, attentive, friendly and warm in equal measure.

Overall, what we thought was going to be a quick meal out, ended up being a truly quite remarkable dining experience. Top marks!

1  Thank Diamonds2907