“Springbrook a "Must See"”

Book In Advance
More Info
$114.41*
and up
Springbrook and Tamborine Rainforest Tour Including Natural Bridge and Glow...
Ranked #26 of 114 Tours in Brisbane
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Springbrook a "Must See"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was in Brisbane for a conference and only had one day. Three years ago when I was in Brisbane I took a one day tour to Fraser Island that was just torture as I didn't realise how far it was. 12 hours in a bus in not pleasurable. This time I was more careful and chose a Springbrook Tamborine Rainforest tour. The company I chose on the recommendation of the Hotel concierge.
Excellent day. The Natural Bridge and forest was just excellent. Not too much driving about 3 hours in total out of 9.

The whole tour was well planned and included a guided glow worm tour and meal at a winery. The guide was very pleasant and knew his stuff without being too imposing. I booked with the compant direct which was friendly and efficient and the guide was at the Hotel on time.

A very good day. I cannot fault it.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank David R
Jo-Anne D, Guest Relations Manager at Queensland Day Tours, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Hi David,

I am glad you enjoyed your Springbrook/Tamborine Rainforest Tour with us and we appreciate the time taken to review our tour. Your comment regarding the time spent in the bus is interesting. In fact of all our tours this one has the most driving time. However in planning our tours it is certainly a factor we take into consideration and we endeavour to minimise "bus time" as much as possible. We are lucky in South-East Queensland that we have so many great destinations within an easy drive of Brisbane.

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“WOW Wildlife!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I have lived in Brisbane all of my life and wanted to show my friend from the UK around and do a guided tour with her. I had never been to Stradbroke Island so decided this might be a good place to go. It was a great choice. We were both blown away by the variety of wildlife we saw ( koala, kangaroo, turtles plus a lot of different birds). The highlight for me was the groups of dolphins we saw at both Amity and Point Lookout. Without the guide we wouldn't have seen anything.

They promote this tour as a Day in Paradise and with the great beaches it was true and I was so proud that we had such a beautiful island just off Brisbane. The tour itself was very well priced, well organised and the guide told us lots of things about the Island and wildlife. The ferry trips were fun and the lunch at the hotel included was excellent - Recommend the fish and chips!

Well deserving of a top rating.

Visited April 2014
Jo-Anne D, Guest Relations Manager at Queensland Day Tours, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Laura,
It is always great to hear from a "local" especially one that rates us 5 stars. We are very happy that you saw so much wildlife. Certainly many of our guests take this tour because of its reputation of being one of the few tours where you will see a diverse range of wildlife "in the wild".

I am glad you enjoyed the lunch at the Stradbroke Island Beach Hotel. They certainly look after our guests. We called our tour to North Stradbroke "Day in Paradise" because that is what we thought and I am glad you agree.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our tour.

Omer, Israel
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“A very good experience touring the Gold Coast and Tambourine mountain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

A very knowledgeable driver/guide (I wish I would recall his name) and a well thought up tour with an intinerary including Surfers Paradise and Mount Tambourine (wineries, a good lunch, The "gallery walk" and a walk in the rain-forest. The group was tiny (3 people) - which contributed to the good atmosfere and the driver/guide was familiar with the local culture, nature, vegetation and proved even familiar with the winemaking in the area and new wine economy.

Visited April 2014
Dear Julian,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our tour to the Gold Coast and Tamborine.

We always do our best to make sure our guests have an enjoyable day and see this great part of Australia. It would appear that you were only in a small group. We are aware that many guests book their tours well in advance and we endeavour not to disappoint them when they get here. For this reason on occasions we are prepared to take "tiny groups". On all our tours the maximum number of guests per guide / bus is 13.

We are glad you enjoyed our tour.

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Winery Tour - Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is my first review. I was contacted by Queensland Day Tours a couple of weeks ago seeking my feedback on the Winery tour my partner and I went on Saturday 15/2. At the end of our discussion the lady told me they had received a poor TripAdvisor review on this particular tour and were making contact with other guests on that tour so they could understand what had gone wrong.

I have just read the review she was referring to. All I can say is that I must have been on a different tour! I thought it was brilliant from start to finish. The booking went smoothly and they did advise me in advance that it was going to be a larger group than normal (I had also left it till the last minute to use my gift voucher). I also rang the office the day prior to the tour to check on parking in the City and they were very friendly and helpful.

The tour on the day was very well organised despite the Distillery changing the arrangements at the last moment. The guide was relaxed about it and he gave what I thought was just the right amount of commentary during the tour. One thing I agree on is that it was hot that day and I think everyone felt it. But hey, it was hotter in Brisbane and the bus was well air conditioned. Personally i was grateful for the option given to go to the Brewery rather than do the waterfall walk, which a number of people did. The tastings at the wineries were fine. I bought some wine. Most people didn't. I think some people forget these places are there to make money, not to provide free entertainment. If you do a trip like this expect to put your hand in your pocket and enjoy yourself.

My wife and I really enjoyed the day and thank them for putting on this special tour. I even gave the guide a tip at the end of the tour as we appreciated the effort he put in on such a hot day. I will give the tour top marks.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mike_SM1999AM
Jo-Anne D, Guest Relations Manager at Queensland Day Tours, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Hi Mike,
Thank you for taking the time to send in a review. For your first review we sure like it.

We are very glad you enjoyed your winery tour to Tamborine and that you found our office staff helpful. We will certainly pass your comments onto your guide. QDT and our staff take pride in doing our best to provide an enjoyable and memorable day tour for all guests.

You may be interested that our Tamborine winery tour will be changing from 1/4/14. We will be including additional tastings at two more wineries in the area and lunch at one of the area's best wineries will also be included. If you would like to go again some time in the future, please contact us and I am certain we will give you special "mate's rates".

Kind Regards
Jo
Calgary, Canada
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Basically just transportation”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I hate to throw a monkey wrench into the works of otherwise great reviews, but to be fair our experience of the Tamborine tour was not up to par. Our driver, Shane, is a nice guy - really friendly and polite, but really added little of value to the "tour" other than driving the bus and dropping us off. To be fair to him, he was always on time and kept an eye open for us, but perhaps learning more about the area and communicating this would have been helpful, as well as a little more interaction with the group would have helped us to bond a little. We didn't think much of the winery choices (the distillery was okay), although the locations were nice. We were given the option to walk in the waterfall/park area, but a comment from our driver about the fact that it was very hot for a walk, discouraged us. As it turned out, one of the 2 couples who did the walk (on their own) commented how lovely and shady it was and how delightful the tea in the garden was afterward. I then really regretted not having done this. It was too hot in town to enjoy our time there - no fault of QDL, though. On the way back, we stopped at a wildlife/bird place, but nothing to do there except wait until we could leave, and to spend more money on refreshment. We were looking forward to the tour, learning a little about the area, and not having to drive so that we could do some wine tasting in good conscience, but I would have to say that we did not feel that we gained anything by having taken the tour.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank DianeandEdK
Brian D, General Manager at Queensland Day Tours, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Diane and Ed,

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your tour to Tamborine and decided to "put a monkey wrench into the works". We welcome all feedback as we continually strive to improve our products. It is certainly disappointing when we get a poor rating but it does make us sit up and have a good look at what happened to prompt you to do this.

On the day you travelled (15 February 2014), the area was experiencing one of its hottest summer days of the season. There are three main elements to our Hinterland Winery and Spirits tour; the wine and spirits tastings, the time available to explore Gallery Walk, and the walk to Curtis Falls through the rainforest. You indicate that you couldn't enjoy the time at Gallery Walk because of the heat and also decided not to do the rainforest walk. Clearly this particularly hot day detracted from your enjoyment of this day.

It is not our policy to argue with guests. However you have decided to put up a critical review that will be read by many potential purchasers of our product so we are regrettably forced to respond with some important facts you omitted from your Review.

1. Your profile indicated that you are from Canada but you currently reside and work in Brisbane. Important because you booked on a special tour that was only being operated for "locals" who had purchased discount coupons but had contacted us too late to get on one of our weekend tours. Because we recognise the importance of our guest's work commitments, at our own cost, we put on a Saturday charter tour just for this group. There were still plenty of seats available on our normal tours on other days (which you were offered). We were under no obligation to put this special tour on.

2. You purchased your discount coupon in early November 2013. You didn't write to us until early February just prior to the voucher expiry seeking a tour booking. You were offered seats on our normal day tour but chose to book on this charter tour because you worked during the week. Prior to booking, it was pointed out by email that the Tamborine tour does suit the smaller group size that we normally operate with, and that this charter tour was using a larger bus which would mean that there would be a less personal service. Unfortunately, although following the same program, with the larger group it would feel much more like a "bus tour" rather than a guided small-group tour that we specialise in.

3. The guide on the day has worked for us for 14 years so he knows the area very well. Knowing that the guests on this tour were all local residents, he would have moderated his commentary to suit the audience.

4. You indicate that you didn't think much of the winery choices. I am not sure what you are comparing this to, but the wineries we visit are considered to be the best Tamborine has to offer in terms of quality and tasting range. We only chose wineries that make and present their own wines. We pay for you to do the tastings and do not accept any commissions. Why wouldn't we chose the best we could? All other tour operators to the area go to the same wineries. Also you did have the opportunity to do more tastings yourself during the free time we provide at Gallery Walk.

5. The rainforest walk is one of those "must do" at Tamborine. However we recognise that many guests would prefer more time at Gallery Walk or aren't capable of the steep walk and 120 steps. This is why the walk is included in the program as a free option. The guide correctly presented it as an option and he did his duty of care by pointing this out that due to the extreme heat, some guests would find it a challenge.

6. The stop at Thunderbird Park on the way back is not mentioned in any tour program / advertising. As the guide told you on the day, it is simply a "comfort stop" for guests. I am surprised that you say "nothing to do there". It is just a short stop for guests to use the facilities. There is a cafe and many guests take the opportunity to have a cup of coffee or beer in the beautiful bushland setting, take in the lorikeet feeding, or visit the display at the largest thunder egg mine in the World.

I am unsure why you have mischievously misrepresented our tour in this way. It is a pity that you did not give us a chance before your review to address your concerns.

Whilst it was a special charter tour, we would have expected it to be an enjoyable day for all guests. Unfortunately this obviously was not your experience. However, post-tour contact with other guests on the same tour as you, have expressed very positive comments to us about their day to Tamborine. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your day. We will certainly take your comments into consideration should we decide to operate a similar tour in the future.