“Awful service ruins everything!”

Pony Dining Eagle Street Pier
Ranked #179 of 4,896 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Widely regarded as the pioneers of the wood-fire grill in Brisbane, Pony Dining offers an honest flavour driven menu showcasing Australian produce and a carefully crafted boutique selection of wines with a cheeky cocktail list. Core to the brand is a signature Argentinean wood fire grill and a contemporary modern Australian menu featuring the finest cuts of meat, freshest seafood and an array of shared and larger plates.
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Have eaten here twice now and both times the lack of attention from any staff has literally ruined both evenings. 8.15 is a late seating, yet I would expect to be eating my main by 9/9.15 at the latest; certainly not 10.15. No food is worth a 2 hour wait. I shall not return.

1  Thank Heidelbergc

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Went from being over serviced at the beginning to forgotten by the end. Food came out quickly, it was nice but definitely did not blow us away. Would I return? Not in a hurry, but wouldn't avoid it either.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We didn't have a booking but where offered a seat either inside or out on the balcony. We sat outside with views of the river and the story bridge. The waiter and waitress were very pleasant and friendly offering us menus and water straight away. I had the ravioli my friend had a hamburger. The ravioli was delicious, fresh pasta. However the hamburger was dry and overcooked.

The atmosphere was great and the decor is quirky and interesting. The kitchen is open plan so you can see what's going on, like watching the whole pig on the spit twirling around, the aroma was wonderful. I would definitely visit Pony again, probably Friday night dinner and drinks.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went for lunch here with my colleagues. The food is fantastic! The starters are small but this allows you to order, try a few and share with the people you are dining with. Mains are a great size and my steak was very tender. For dessert I had the vanilla cheesecake and was in heaven! The atmosphere is great and so are the staff. I will definitely be back!

3  Thank BrisStar
Reviewed January 23, 2013

As a group of 6 business colleagues we had a great night. The food was very good and a variety that satisfied everyone including a vegetarian. The service was excellent, the outlook on the river great and the ambience was good. The restaurant fit out is modern and attractive. We had a great night.