“Great Location, Clean Accomodation & Friendly Staff”
Review of Rivercity Gardens

Rivercity Gardens
Ranked #91 of 129 Specialty Lodging in Brisbane
Mudgeeraba, Qld
“Great Location, Clean Accomodation & Friendly Staff”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Just stayed 2 nights in a studio to take a break from commuting from the Gold Coast. Accomodation is simple but has everything you need and is clean and very peaceful. Staff were extremely friendly & helpful. Location is great. Easy walk to Ferry, Kangaroo point paths and local facilities. Will be back

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wibbsontour

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Indonesian first
Clare, Australia
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely holiday location! My husband and I are experienced travellers with high expectations and we found the service to be excellent and thoroughly enjoyed our week here. The rooms were clean and well maintained, and any requests we made were immediately acted upon. The highlight for us was the proximity to the river, and the easy access to the city via the free ferries that ran every half hour. It was a quiet and safe location, and the story bridge Hotel offered a variety of both meals and entertainment for reasonable prices. We will definitely be staying here again! We were worried when we read the poor reviews on trip advisor but trust me when I say their reviews are very hard to believe. Our experience was spectacular!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Joslyn F
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We come to these apartments about 3 times a year, and each time we have had a amazing service and an amazing room... This time we we treated like crap the lady had no respect, treating us like children. I don't appreciate the way we were spoken to. We will defiantly not be staying here again.. Worst weekend!!

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Jks120892
Rachel_Wagner, Owner at Rivercity Gardens, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I am disappointed your experience was not what you were expecting however we are resolute in ensuring all guests enjoy their stay at our Hotel. We certainly reserve the right to ensure quiet enjoyment by residents is maintained and therefore have the authority to call Security in the event we feel other Guests are being disturb or not treated with the respect they and Management deserve.

We do understand therefore that because we called Security in this instance that your stay would certainly not have been a good one for all parties concerned.

Travelers are raving about these Brisbane hotels

Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stay in hotels on a regular basis, but this was the worst in years. Already when I walked into the so called reception it looked very unprofessional. The room was a schock. Fridge was dirty on arrival, cupboards filled with dirty dishes, big grey cob web on top of cupboard (had been sitting there for a while), bed extremely squeeky (could not even turn around in bed without waking my hubby up), stained sheets and there was constant renovations going on with excessive noise levels. There was no pool available on site (which there should have been). When I brought it up with the male owner, he agreed it was not good enough, but still said they have excellent cleaners (which I believed was his wife) and he refused to give me any money back, since "they already had gone to the body corporate". This means you can never get any money back here. We were offered to come back and stay for free, but I told hím there was really no reason for us to come back. Don´t stay here!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LillyPilly229
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel. Unfortunately we have a zero tolerance procedure on noise and disruptive behaviour. All Guest have the right to enjoy their stay with us and we offer a very relaxed environment that we ensure is clean presented in the best possible way for international and Corporate Guests to enjoy.

The circumstances of your stay was difficult for us as Owner/Managers to retain our zero tolerance on disruptive and unfair behaviour and as such we had to take the necessary steps to call Security and request that you met our very strict guidelines - thus ensuring other Guests quiet enjoyment.

We would love to have you stay again however we would be pleased you could work with us to help our Hotel be what we want it to be - a place of rest and not recreation. Rachel Wagner Owner/Manager
Rockhampton
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Now just to start please note we are not difficult people to please and I've never before had to complain to management about a hotel, but upon arrival there was no reception to check in. This didn't bother us as we did arrive later than usual the key was in the room already, when we went into our room we noticed that instead of the 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment like we had booked and paid for we were given a what seemed to be a 1 bathroom loft apartment. When we called through the manager of the hotel told us that when we had booked the last 2bed 2 bath apartment had already gone, but no one decided to let us know even though we booked weeks ahead of our stay. However he was very polite and offered us a free weekend he said that he would come see us the next day with a certificate for the free weekend. Three days later we had not had him come to see us and the reception was closed for the whole weekend. The pool which was advertised was empty which we were ok with even though we would have liked to swim. We understand everyone needs to do maintenance. When I called through to him on our last day to see where he was ( as we were checking out and reception was still closed) we were advised that he would send through the e-mail with the certificate on it the next day and to leave the keys in the room. We cleaned throughout the room as we don't like it when people leave mess and left our rubbish in a box on the counter with a window cracked so they didn't get angry. 3 days later when I called through regarding the certificate I got a lecture about how the room was left and all the groceries we left around the place... We hadn't bought groceries when we were staying in the room so I found this confusing. Management during this conversation was very rude, when I did tell him that we had boxed up all our rubbish and didn't know where to put it as there was no one at reception to advise us he then told us that that's too bad we should have taken it out and talked to me like I was a child for leaving my rubbish all boxed up. We in no way had left mess around the place, especially since we were planning on going back again. After this conversation I called him back and let him know not to bother sending through the certificate as I had never been talked to like that from management when it was their stuff up to start off with.

So we were provided with the wrong room, there was no staff on all weekend that we could even talk to when I did call through to reception and it's set to divert to his mobile a lot of the times he didn't answer and when he did it was obvious he was put out by the phone call. I will not be staying here again. It was the worst customer service I have witnessed in a very long time.
There was also a very foul smell coming from the drains that smelt like off vomit.

Never again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Tove J
Thank you for your review - as bad as it is. I have been the owner of Rivercity Gardens for 7 years and cannot express my disappointment.

You may well be happy to know that our Manager has been removed quite soon after your appalling experience. Further the Hotel has undergone extensive renovations and most Owner have upgraded their Apartments.

As Owner I have resumed the day to day Management and can assure you this would not be your experience if you returned. In addition to the renovations our policies to ensure quiet enjoyment are vigorously put into place - not to mention cleanliness with fresh well presented rooms for you to relax and enjoy add this to our brilliant location with the surrounding environment this should add to a good time not a bad time. I would love you to come back and be spoilt. Please do not hesitate to re-book.

Rachel Wagner - Owner/Manager