“Great base to explore Brisbane”
Review of Punthill Brisbane

Punthill Brisbane
Ranked #14 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed at the brand new Punt Hill apartments for a gals weekend. The place is tucked down a small quiet road in the Spring Hill area with only a short 10-15 mins walk to everything Brisbane has to offer. The central station is 5 mins walk.

We stayed on the 9th floor in a 3 bed apartment. The size and layout was great for us, plenty of wardrobe space, mirrors, room to move etc. The apartment was brand new and the kitchen was like it had never been used. All fully equipped with even a tiny dishwasher which was a nice feature. We had a tv, ipod doc, iron etc....We also had a large balcony and could see the pool and decking area being completed below (this will be a lovely addition to the place when finished).

My only one negative was noise. I think I was unlucky with a bed right next to our room door so I was disturbed sleep wise with lots of banging of doors, people coming out of the lift etc. However it was the weekend so lots of guests around and almost everywhere I have stayed has noise issues. This is due to inconsiderate people and not the place itself.....Also as another review mentioned the lift is pretty loud. I would ask for a room away from the lift next time. Other than that I really liked it and would 100% stay again when in Brisbane.

Room Tip: Away from the lift
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SharenScott
Michele B, Guest Relations Manager at Punthill Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear SharenScott,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of Punthill Brisbane on TripAdvisor.
As our most recent addition to the Punthill group, we are thrilled to know that Punthill Brisbane contributed to your great weekend in this capital city! The studio apartments in this apartment hotel were designed to be spacious and well equipped so it is pleasing to know you thoroughly enjoyed these features.
We do accept that there were some noise-related issues on the weekend you stayed, however we do wish to assure you that this is not a normal occurrence.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Punthill Brisbane in 2013.
Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Punthill Brisbane

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at Punthill Brisbane for a week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were on the top floor, room 1004, and had great views of the city.
Although centrally located, Astor Terrace is a quiet road and super convenient to get to all the hot spots. Great for transport too.
We had a couple of small issues whilst there - cold water wasn't running properly in the bathroom, missing towels on another day. But everything was addressed promptly without making us feel like awkward guests.
The only problem with being in 1004 was that the sound of the lift operating woke us up at around 6am everyday. Not sure if other rooms on our floor or other floors have the same issue. But something that the managers should speak to the lift operators about.
The main room of the apartment is spacious and the kitchenette is a good size and conveniently laid out. Our bathroom was on the small side though and it was a bit awkward getting to the toilet behind the bathroom door. However, i would prefer to have a small bathroom as opposed to smaller living space. One other bathroom note - a light in the shower area would be good - it's a bit dark in there.
They provide shampoo and conditioner but not shower gel - which i found strange - so take your own shower gel. Soap is provided however.
Our room was cleaned well and they even put your dishes in the dish washer for you - which is a touch i wasn't expecting.
Friendly, helpful staff.
Punthill will be complete once the swimming pool and sun deck is fitted out.
Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Room 1004 is a great option but check the lift isn't still noisy when you book.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NovaSylvana

Dear NovaSylvana,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of Punthill's newest property - Punthill Brisbane - on TripAdvisor.
Our team at Punthill Brisbane is extremely focused on ensuring that every guest enjoys the faclities and location of the property, so they will be very pleased to know that you found their service so professional, friendly and helpful during your recent stay, particularly in the instances when a small problem arose.
The outdoor pool is due for completion in December 2012, so next time you visit you will have to ensure you have time to take a dip!
Kind regards,

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Loved these new apartments!! Around the corner from central station, its walking distance to all the best shopping and nightlife.
Our studio apartment was spacious and beautifully decorated, it was obvious that a lot of thought and hard work has gone into this hotel.
They were in the middle of installing a large pool, spa gym area out the back which looked very impressive, can't wait to see the finished product on my next visit.
I can't thank the guys at the front desk enough for all their help with directions, maps and tips where to go! Very nice people!!
I would highly recommend Punthill Brisbane to all my friends and family and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Abi6
KeiranS, Public Relations Manager at Punthill Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Abi6

We appreciate that you have taken the time to tell the travelling community about your stay at Punthill Brisbane and how wonderful it was!

We are very proud of how well our rooms have been designed and built. The overwhelming response from our customers has been fantastic too.

By mid December the Pool, Gym and Outdoor BBQ area will be completed. Expect something special on your next stay!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

My Company booked me into this hotel as the normal one was full - what a stroke of luck. This hotel is everything a could ask for and only a very short walk to the CBD. A wonderful, clean well appointed room with modern kitchenette, 42" plasma, comfy lounge, a bed to die for, spotless bathroom and a birdcage to top it all off!
Only 2 minor complaints - the lift is slow, and you can wait a few minutes for it (no big deal) and also the pillows are probably the worst i have come across in a long while.
This will be my first choice for Brisbane accommodation in the future

Room Tip: Any room, so long as its in this hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris G
KeiranS, Public Relations Manager at Punthill Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Chris G

Thanks so much for leaving your review on Tripadvisor.

We are certainly lucky you came to stay with us and we hope that you come back again when you are next in Brisbane for business.

Punthill are committed to ensuring our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. When you next make a reservation, please tell us what sort of pillow you prefer and we will make sure you are comfortable.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I found this hotel purely by chance, my normal boutique hotel I use was fully booked!
From the minute I walked in the foyer the hotel was screaming with quirky design factors and an extremely warm reception from the guy that checked me in!
The room was A1, well fitted out with a well equipped kitchenette was a bonus, design and decor deserves credit.
This newly opened hotel ( apparently only a few weeks) in my eyes is seriously in the running to becoming another popular five star boutique hotel for Brisbane
Can't wait for the renovations to be complete for a return visit. Well done and keep up the standards

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PiersGoldCoast

Dear PiersGoldCoast

Thanks for leaving such a glowing review on Tripadvisor.

We are really excited about our new opening and reading reviews such as yours only affirms that Punthill is offering rooms and service comparable to best hotels in Brisbane.

Our pool and open air gymnasium with be completed within the next few weeks, hopefully in time for your next visit to Brisbane.

Best regards

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I could’t have been more pleased or impressed with Punthill Apartments Brisbane. I believe I was the first person to stay in the room during their opening weekend. I was warmly greeted by Wendy and Eric at reception. I checked in very early, but Eric went up to my room to confirm it was ready and it was.

The apartment was just spectacular. Very spacious with a well equipped kitchenette, beautiful bathroom, the most luxurios bed I have ever slept in and a very large deck. The room was beautifully decorated. There was still some work going on (construction of the pool and gym), but I didn’t see or hear any of it.

There were many small details that added to the experience - lolipops on the bedside table, cream in the fridge for the provided coffee and tea sachets. The LCD TV was the largest I have ever seen in a hotel room.

The hotel is conveniently located on a very quiet side street, just a block or so from Central Station and the CBD. It was one of the quietest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in.

The only possible recommendation I could make would be an in-room safe, but wouldn't be surprised if that is on the to do list as this was opening weekend.

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Punthill Brisbane. The staff are highly motivated and appear to truly enjoy their jobs and are there for any question. Stay there!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Terry S

Dear Terry S

Yes - you were officially one of our first guests to stay at Punthill Brisbane"

We're so glad to hear how impressed you were – thanks so much for taking the time to let us know.

The spaciousness and clever design of our rooms is shining through in all our guest feedback, and your overall comments are a great summary of what we set out to achieve with our guest experience.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

i have stayed at Punthill in Melbourne a few times and always enjoyed them. This is the first Punthill in Brisbane. I go to Brisbane often and stay in lots of different hotel and apartments (I get bored easily) so I know that this place is the best value for the money in the area. The location is great, right on the edge of the city centre, yet located in a quiet side street. You can be in the centre of the city with an easy 5 min walk. The rooms have been renovated to a high standard. V good design and finish. Big tv's that you can watch from the couch or the bed (how many places can't even get that right) and the beds are SUPER comfortable, really very nice :) They have a small kitchen that you won't use much since chinatown is down the road in the valley, and my room had a balcony (i think they all do) The rooms are spacious with a sitting area. I will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: higher floors have a kind of view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Michael F

Dear Michael F

Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed your recent stay and congratulations for leaving the first review of Punthill Brisbane on Tripadvisor!

Your review is a wonderful endorsement of our facilities, service and location. We are so happy we finally made it Brisbane, and we look forward to making many more guests happy.

We hope to see you again soon.