“Nice lunch”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Went to Pepes for a quick Saturday lunch,and wow quick was the word. My wife and I shared medium shredded beef nachos and chicken taquitos and the meal arrived 2 minutes after receiving the drinks. Couldn't fault it.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Four of us ate here for a birthday celebration. I have to say first of all that the place had atmosphere and was very busy. So book at peak times.

The food was great. All of us enjoyed our meals, portions are generous and tasty. I'm not made keen on chilli and Mexican is not my favourite for that reason, but I found the meal,pleasant and not too hot. If you like very chilli spiced food you may need to ask for it spiced up?
Overall we had a great evening and will return.
Our only comment was that we had to ask for a drinks order to be taken. We also had to remind them we had a drinks order in too. I think that they are very busy and staff get distracted easily by competing tables.....attention to detail or better management of the staff would remedy this and increase takings. Better management of drinks orders would have made this a perfect review

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Awesome meal and lots of options for vegetarians and vegans. I had one margarita during my meal, it was a little bit expensive but was surprisingly strong *thumbs up*. I will definitely go back. Oh and be careful of parking in the supermarkets car park. When we left they were towing vehicles so best to park on the streets!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We went on a Sat night and were lucky to get a table. The dips for entrée were delicious, and the mains were huge and tasty. The service was friendly and efficient. I would say this is probably one of the best Mexican restaurants I've ever been to. Unlike many, the dishes are not all slight variations on refried beans and melted cheese... instead there was an actual diversity of flavour. I am looking forward to returning to try some other dishes.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Went to Pepe's using a groupon--I would have been horrified if we had actually had to pay full price. The "sangria" was not sangria. It was sugary fruit punch with a drop of liquor--there was no wine going on in that jug. I ordered enchiladas without cheese. They had to ask the cook if this was possible (should have been a big hint that all of our food was frozen/pre-prepared). It was then served to the wrong table. More time passed...and I was then served a cheese-free enchilada...which was actually ground meat in cold tortilla. Not impressed, especially to think that someone would have paid 25 bucks for it.

1  Thank kimmiw1982