“Loved it.”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Everything about Public was divine. If you haven't been, you need too.
From the warm greeting at the door, imaginative small plates, and the killer cocktails we started with. It was seamless, relaxing, professional but most of all enjoyable. Thanks for the experience, I will be back.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

My brother has been living and working in Brisbane, and gave me a great tip to go to dinner at Public. Lots of shared plates so that you can get to experience every little bit of the menu, although my husband looked despondent at not being able to have the larger dishes like the Pork Belly and Lamb shoulder. The wait staff are brilliant, articulate and well versed in every aspect of the menu. And while there was a set time on our table, the staff didn't feel pushy to have us move on to the bar area.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We have dined at Public twice now, the first three weeks ago, when we cheekily walked in on a Friday night! We were courteously told by the manager, that he 'hates turning people away', but at my persistence(my wife's terminology) agreed we could have a drink, and eat at our bar table! Our first experience was impressive. We returned last Wednesday(again without booking) and again a busy night, and got the last table. We were greeted like old friends by the manager, Daniel, who remembered our first visit and couldn't have been more obliging. Once again the share plates were amazing. Had a repeat of the KFD and Brisket, plus the scallops, and calamari, all were sensational, although three would have been plenty! As we dine out a lot when in Brisbane, this was a refreshing new experience for a couple from a country town,albeit in the restaurant business. The staff are very professional, whilst maintaining warm and friendly. On seating, Daniel advised us that we would be treated like ' a King and Queen ', and that's exactly how we felt. Can't wait to return guys, and hopefully with a winning tip for you this time Daniel.!!!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

A menu designed to share, and you'll want to because there are so many things that you will want to try. I went for lunch with a group and it was really fun, we were able to try 10 different dishes (we got multiples of a couple). We all left feeling very satisfied and everything was delicious. It ended up being just over $30 each without drinks so I thought it was pretty good value with a group. Try the Texas Brisket, Flour Tortillas and Chilli Sauce, it was awesome!!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Like another recently posted "A must do while in Brisbane". I dined with friends yesterday, had a truly enjoyable experience.

The food was creative and different in presentation. The combination of flavours show a passion for food. NOTHING we ordered was ordinary or bland. Food is ordered by the 'share plate' great concept again.

The atmosphere has elements of warmth, class and yet a touch of casual brought about with the light timber chairs. It's lovely, such a nice space to dine in.

What a winner, and on my list of places to return to.