“Great location”
Review of Mantra Midtown

Mantra Midtown
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My family of four stayed in these apartments recently. They are new, with two bathrooms and a great kitchen and balcony. My only complaint would be the amount of seating for an apartment that sleeps 4. The couch only accommodated 3 at best and there were only 2 stools for the bench. Rather odd.
The gym is great with well maintained equipment.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
MidtownBrisbane, Manager at Mantra Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear er81892
Glad to hear that you and the family enjoyed your stay with us here at Midtown and of course, here in beautiful Brisbane. I thought we'd just let you know that following your comments regarding the breakfast bar seating we had a meeting with our designer and have made some adjustments to that particular room configuration. in future this room will have a dining room table and chairs as well. Thanks! We hope we'll see you again on your next visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We recently stayed at Midtown Apartments for our "date night" weekend getaway from the kids. This was the first time that we stayed at this brand new hotel and from the time we made the phone call to make the booking all the way through to our departure we were very impressed with this accommodation and the professionalism of the staff who made our stay exceptional. The apartment is set back a couple of streets from the heart of Brisbane and makes all of the main attractions highly accessible including plenty of wonderful restaurants all within walking distance. The Apartment itself was extremely clean and well appointed with a small balcony allowing great views to Brisbane City Hall and the mountains in the background. The apartment has car parking which was great for us as we were going on a road trip when we left so the car was already packed and ready to go. I would definitely rate this place and the staff are terrific. Very few places in Brisbane have impressed us like this one.

Room Tip: We stayed on the side facing the Casino and Southbank and on a higher floor where we had good views...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lambie66,
We are so glad that your date night weekend was a success and that we were able to help in a small way to make it memorable. We look forward to seeing you again when you next need a break and we'll make sure we have some new ideas of things to do and places to dine for you. There is a new bike tour that runs along the Brisbane river that might be a bit of fun to try.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The apartments just recently opened in 2012. Very clean and great views of the city from the balcony. The location was excellent and we were a short walk from all the cities attractions. The staff at the front desk were extremely in helping us organize our tours and transportation. There was also a tourism office in the Queens Street Market a 10 min walk away where you could find out about and book tours. The only downside was the smoke detector in the kitchen which was extra sensitive and the alarm would go off as soon as we tried to cook something.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
MidtownBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Hello Mish3al,

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and exploring fabulous Brisbane (the hidden gem of Australian cities). Brisbane Marketing and the visitors information centre certainly do a wonderful job and I'm glad you experienced this as well. I will let them know of your comments.

Just a note for your information regarding the smoke detectors in the rooms - these are set to Australian Fire Safety standards and are regularly checked to ensure they are up to standard by the local fire department. The Australian Fire Services have a 'better safe then sorry' policy which is excellent but it does mean that the smoke detectors are sensitive when we cook dishes that emit a bit of smoke. We do our best to help with this by providing the extraction fan above the stove top.

If you do happen to visit Brisbane again, please pay us another visit - even if it's just a pop in to say hello!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I travel to Brisbane for work a fair bit and at the whims of the procurement department as to which hotel I stay at. I had never heard of Midtown Apartments before but when I arrived I was very pleased. Great location in the city, can walk to Southbank and Eagle st pier plus close to the main mall area. The room was nice, the gym was nice and the pool looked really nice too but I didn't try it (next time). The place is small but space is used well so you aren't cramped.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thanks DomK602,

We are very glad that the whim of your procurement department brought you to us. We look forward to seeing you more frequently and will make sure your repeat visits are as good as your first stay.

See you soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We booked a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment. The room was ready for early checkin which was great.
The apartment looked just like the website photo's (which doesn't happen often). Great balcony with views to the river.
Everything was virtually brand new. The beds were super-comfortable!
Queens Street Mall and Eagle Street Pier are 2 minutes walk away - so it's difficult to beat the location.
Really good value given the standard and location - I will be returning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thanks Stephen,
Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My partner, myself and our 2 kids aged under 4 stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment for 2 nights.

What we liked:
Location was fabulous -close to shopping, restaurants, botanic gardens, river, public transport, the works.
Room was newly renovated and very clean and fresh -a pleasure to stay in.
Kitchen was well appointed, as was the laundry.
Staff friendly, check in was fast and helpful and enquiries attended to efficiently.

What we didn't:
Just a few little things really. No DVD player, which was surprising as the apartment has everything else. Pool nice but not heated so couldn't use it when we stayed (may) as too cold. Internet was expensive and slow.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thanks Malolava,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, the location, the room and our excellent staff.

Just an FYI in answer to your comments
... the heating for the swimming pool is being looked at by the Building Body Corporate and not within our control. If this changes in the future we will update our facilities information however in the meantime the only option we have is to state that it is an outdoor pool. It is fresh during the 3 months of cooler weather in Brisbane but guests can always sweat it out in the Sauna after a refreshing dip.

We have Foxtel and digital TV which offers 70 odd channels of television which is why we decided not to have DVD players in the room. Once we have been opened for a little longer and have more feedback we can review this.

Lastly, we have let the provider of our internet know of your comments. With the upgrade to the internet structure by the Australian Government's National Broadband Network we do hope this will help internet service providers (all of them, not just ours) in this area.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you and your family again when you visit Brisbane next. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a welcome oasis for me in a trip from Cairns to Melbourne in high summer. I was thrilled to find a great last minute deal on booking.com and it was a real treat for me after backpacking for a couple of weeks. I arrived really really early - hoping to dump my bags at 9am - I was given an early check in at no extra cost by the charming chap on reception. I was thrilled. The room was spotless, new and stylish. Huge TV in the main room, smaller one in the bedroom, balcony, full kitchen and laundry - I wished I could have stayed two nights.
I was a newcomer to Brisbane and the friendly chap on reception provided me with a map and drew me a route around the city which proved to be a lovely morning's walk. I didn't have time to swim in the beautiful pool or the motivation to use the gym but I checked them out and they were lovely. A very positive experience. I say I was backpacking, but I have stayed in some really top class hotels in my time and this was certainly up there. Bed was heaven.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
MidtownBrisbane, Manager at Mantra Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear LexieLou77,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments and also for taking the time to post a review.

We are extremely pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and also enjoyed everything that Midtown Apartments and also Brisbane has to offer!!

We are very lucky to have such wonderful staff and I will let them know about your comments.

If or when you return to Brisbane let us know.

Kind Regards,