“Fresh apartments in the middle of the city” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mantra Midtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Mantra Midtown
Port Vila, Vanuatu
“Fresh apartments in the middle of the city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

My partner, myself and our 2 kids aged under 4 stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment for 2 nights.

What we liked:
Location was fabulous -close to shopping, restaurants, botanic gardens, river, public transport, the works.
Room was newly renovated and very clean and fresh -a pleasure to stay in.
Kitchen was well appointed, as was the laundry.
Staff friendly, check in was fast and helpful and enquiries attended to efficiently.

What we didn't:
Just a few little things really. No DVD player, which was surprising as the apartment has everything else. Pool nice but not heated so couldn't use it when we stayed (may) as too cold. Internet was expensive and slow.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MidtownBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Midtown, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thanks Malolava,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, the location, the room and our excellent staff.

Just an FYI in answer to your comments
... the heating for the swimming pool is being looked at by the Building Body Corporate and not within our control. If this changes in the future we will update our facilities information however in the meantime the only option we have is to state that it is an outdoor pool. It is fresh during the 3 months of cooler weather in Brisbane but guests can always sweat it out in the Sauna after a refreshing dip.

We have Foxtel and digital TV which offers 70 odd channels of television which is why we decided not to have DVD players in the room. Once we have been opened for a little longer and have more feedback we can review this.

Lastly, we have let the provider of our internet know of your comments. With the upgrade to the internet structure by the Australian Government's National Broadband Network we do hope this will help internet service providers (all of them, not just ours) in this area.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you and your family again when you visit Brisbane next. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a welcome oasis for me in a trip from Cairns to Melbourne in high summer. I was thrilled to find a great last minute deal on booking.com and it was a real treat for me after backpacking for a couple of weeks. I arrived really really early - hoping to dump my bags at 9am - I was given an early check in at no extra cost by the charming chap on reception. I was thrilled. The room was spotless, new and stylish. Huge TV in the main room, smaller one in the bedroom, balcony, full kitchen and laundry - I wished I could have stayed two nights.
I was a newcomer to Brisbane and the friendly chap on reception provided me with a map and drew me a route around the city which proved to be a lovely morning's walk. I didn't have time to swim in the beautiful pool or the motivation to use the gym but I checked them out and they were lovely. A very positive experience. I say I was backpacking, but I have stayed in some really top class hotels in my time and this was certainly up there. Bed was heaven.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MidtownBrisbane, Manager at Mantra Midtown, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear LexieLou77,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments and also for taking the time to post a review.

We are extremely pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and also enjoyed everything that Midtown Apartments and also Brisbane has to offer!!

We are very lucky to have such wonderful staff and I will let them know about your comments.

If or when you return to Brisbane let us know.

Graeme
Manager
Christchurch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have stayed many times in Brisbane but have no idea how I could have overlooked this hotel/apartment in the past. Stayed 2 nights and wished I had another week just to stay there and relax. It was a holiday on its own. Room very well organized for a smaller area with everything there at our fingertips. Very very clean, very very comfortable, no noise, great view, and so close to everything. Excellent outdoor BBQ facilities, one of the best I've seen, and maximum privacy thanks to some very clever designers. Staff were brilliant and helpful. Am already planning a return, but will make my stay longer. To reception staff who may be reading this - same room please, see you soon :)

Room Tip: Go up, the views are great, if you can
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MidtownBrisbane, Front Office Manager at Mantra Midtown, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Rosa026,

Thank you ever so much for the wonderful review!

We are very pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Please feel free to contact me directly to make your next reservation and once again that you very much for your lovely comments.

Regards,
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here in a one bedroom unit for 4 nights.
The bed was so comfortable, unit spotless and the staff at the desk were superb. Just so helpful and friendly.
So central to everywhere in Brisbane. There is construction work happening outside units but if doors closed was not a problem.
My son stayed with me and they were kind enough to provide extra sheets and blankets for him on the leather sofa for no extra charge.
I would certainly go back and stay at the Midtown Apartments again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 390mary80
Dear 390Mary80,
Thank you very much for your kind review!
It is great to hear your enjoyed the comfortable beds and also the staff. I will be sure to let them all know!
We look forward to welcoming your back to Midtown on your next visit to Brisbane.
Bundaberg, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

My daughter and I stayed one night on 9 May and couldn't have been better. These apartments are close to all shopping, carpark is easily accessed from rooms, beautiful decor and very clean. Everything that I could think of for a stay was there. Even though we were on Charlotte street side, no noise was heard at all. Will definitely stay there again and recommend to all friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear HayleyM90,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review!!
It always very nice to hear such great feedback and we look forward to your next visit to Brisbane!
Kind regards,
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is a self contained apartment, which is a plus. We stayed here because we had to move out of the Oaks over the road as they didn't have availability when we wished to extend. The price was ok, but the apartments are quite tiny. They are relatively new, being built in 2012. Bed was comfy. Lounge room was only small with an uncomfortable lounge chair, especially when there are two of you trying to spread out. There were two balconies, if you wish to call them that. Both looked into other buildings and building site. They are extremely small, just big enough to handle a small round table and 2 chairs. Not worth sitting there.
Staff on reception were very nice and very helpful, which is always nice.
Overall, the experience was ok, but I doubt if we would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Wicked00,
Thank you very much for your review.
I'm glad your liked our central location!
We do have different room types available so maybe on your next visit to Brisbane we could show you some of our other room types and I am sure one of these would suit your requirements.
Thank you also for your nice comment about our staff, I will be sure to let them all know.
Bowral, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a one bedroom unit which was modern, clean and comfortable despite being quite small. While the apartments are central to the Brisbane CBD they can unfortunately be adversely affected by excessive street noise. I was unfortunate enough to stay on a night when the council were doing works directly opposite the apartments. Not only did they work late into the night but the noise that was made seemed to echo making it extremely difficult to sleep. The bathroom is small with the distance between the shower door and the toilet being only a few millimetres. However the staff were always polite and the unit was certainly well maintained.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jinny57,
I am very pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed the central location of the Hotel.
Thank you very much for your review. The noise created on the night in question was, as you said, council noise and this unfortunately is out of our control.
We look forward to welcoming you back to midtown in the near future!
Midtown Management