“Couldn't have been better!!”
Review of Mantra Midtown

Mantra Midtown
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My daughter and I stayed one night on 9 May and couldn't have been better. These apartments are close to all shopping, carpark is easily accessed from rooms, beautiful decor and very clean. Everything that I could think of for a stay was there. Even though we were on Charlotte street side, no noise was heard at all. Will definitely stay there again and recommend to all friends.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
MidtownBrisbane, Front Office Manager at Mantra Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear HayleyM90,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review!!
It always very nice to hear such great feedback and we look forward to your next visit to Brisbane!
Kind regards,
Greg Jackson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,459)

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is a self contained apartment, which is a plus. We stayed here because we had to move out of the Oaks over the road as they didn't have availability when we wished to extend. The price was ok, but the apartments are quite tiny. They are relatively new, being built in 2012. Bed was comfy. Lounge room was only small with an uncomfortable lounge chair, especially when there are two of you trying to spread out. There were two balconies, if you wish to call them that. Both looked into other buildings and building site. They are extremely small, just big enough to handle a small round table and 2 chairs. Not worth sitting there.
Staff on reception were very nice and very helpful, which is always nice.
Overall, the experience was ok, but I doubt if we would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Wicked00,
Thank you very much for your review.
I'm glad your liked our central location!
We do have different room types available so maybe on your next visit to Brisbane we could show you some of our other room types and I am sure one of these would suit your requirements.
Thank you also for your nice comment about our staff, I will be sure to let them all know.
Kind Regards,
Greg Jackson

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed in a one bedroom unit which was modern, clean and comfortable despite being quite small. While the apartments are central to the Brisbane CBD they can unfortunately be adversely affected by excessive street noise. I was unfortunate enough to stay on a night when the council were doing works directly opposite the apartments. Not only did they work late into the night but the noise that was made seemed to echo making it extremely difficult to sleep. The bathroom is small with the distance between the shower door and the toilet being only a few millimetres. However the staff were always polite and the unit was certainly well maintained.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
MidtownBrisbane, Manager at Mantra Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Jinny57,
I am very pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed the central location of the Hotel.
Thank you very much for your review. The noise created on the night in question was, as you said, council noise and this unfortunately is out of our control.
We look forward to welcoming you back to midtown in the near future!
Kind Regards,
Midtown Management

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very much a game of two halves.

I stayed for the first night in a room with no curtains. Some hotel rooms in Australia have roller blinds instead of curtains. You can see how this might not work in The Sunshine State. Had I noticed there were no curtains of course I would have rejected the room, but on my second month of hotel living in Australia I just threw the bags in and went to the pub and didn't think.

I am waiting for the hotel room without a bed. I will post a review. I have had the hotel room with no hot water and two with no curtains, and one also in Queensland with no aircon.

I obviously moved rooms and the second room was excellent. Room 1902 if memory serves. Both rooms are very well appointed with balconies, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer and a good shower, and good r/c aircon.

There is actually nothing to fault about the rooms other than the lack of curtains in some of them.

My charge for the first night's accommodation was refunded, as was my parking charge by way of compensation. The night manager was extremely understanding and volunteered to refund my stay for that night without my having to labour the point. I am confident that if I stay there again and there is anything I need, he will be able to sort it out. It's not his fault there are no curtains in the room after all!

The parking is in very small bays the like of which I haven't seen in Australia. Those of you in larger cars may need to enquire about the bays beside the motorbike parking, which are not bigger, but you are less likely to have some idiot in a blue Ford Territory park right up next to you so you have to crawl in through the window of your car. I have parked in several places in Sydney and never seen bays this small.

The rooms are well appointed and the location is good. The place is brand new (almost) and I would stay there again if I wasn't driving and I could get it at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: No curtains in some rooms. Unless you need to see Brisbane at 5:45am check first. I was in an xx04 r...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank McGreedy
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Midtown apartments where I stayed with my husband and daughter. I chose the Midtown based on the many favourable reviews on TA. The purpose of the trip was for combined business/leisure and the criteria for our accommodation was central location, clean and value for money.
THE LOCATION - The location is fantastic - basically equidistant from Queen Street Mall (awesome) and Eagle Street Pier which is excellent for eating out.

THE APARTMENT - We were advised that an executive apartment would best suit our needs which was functional but very small, however saying that we were only in the apartment for sleeping so for us it was fine however would not be suitable for a longer stay. The bed and pillows were very comfy. The only downside was the audible noise from the street about 2am however I guess that should be expected as it was Friday night and we were staying in the CBD.
We attempted to use the pool but it was absolutely freezing - not sure if it is usually heated but on this occasion was unsuitable for swimming.
CHECKIN-On arrival (about 11am) I was told that our room was not ready, which was fine as I know an earlier checkin could only be requested not guaranteed , however it was the way in which this information was conveyed to me - I really felt that the young lady behind the desk was not going to make too much of an effort to try to accommodate us earlier. I explained we had been up since 3am and we were exhausted and that we would be very grateful if she could find us a room earlier. She did finally agree to take my mobile and call me if a room was available - which she did about 1.30. When we were granted access to our room the first thing I saw was a horrible brown stain over the curtain in the loungeroom (looked like curry or some other food splashed on the fabric) and that the loungeroom wasnt that clean. I would have thought having waited all that time for our room that it would have been at least clean. I must however mention all credit to the lovely young man on reception (I'm sorry I dont remember his name) who took immediate action and had the room cleaned and curtain replaced. He also again apologised to us again on check out. Incidentally he also greeted us warmly whenever we passed by reception and was only too happy to help us out with directions etc. I consider him to be the star of the Midtown apartments and is a great front desk staff member.
VALUE FOR MONEY I would say that the Midtown apartments are great value for money given the location. I would consider staying in the apartments again, however would upgrade to a 2 bedroom apartment for added space.

Room Tip: Perhaps a higher room would block out any street noise. Go for the 2 bedder as the apartments are t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jacstar351
MidtownBrisbane, Front Office Manager at Mantra Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Good morning Jacstar351

Thank you for the positive review!! It is pleasing we were able to surprise you with the quality of our modern apartments. I will pass on your comments to my front desk team regarding their friendly and efficient customer service.
We always have very competitive rates so i hope that we see you again in the future when you need a place to stay in Brisbane.
Kind regards,

Midtown Apartments - Brisbane

Reviewed April 18, 2013

A work colleague and I travelled to Brisbane during the week and stayed at the Midtown for one night in a 2 bed apartment. The location was great, the check- in staff member was charming and check- in and check- out was efficient with no fuss. The apartment was so clean. The bedrooms were a good size, bed was comfy with stacks of pillows. The day after our night at the apartment I realised I was not wearing one of my rings. I rang the hotel and said that I must have left the ring in the hotel. The person who answered the phone said he would arrange for housekeeping to go to the room and look for the ring. A hotel representative rang me back within a few minutes and said they had checked the entire apartment and were unable to find the ring. When I arrived home to Adelaide I unpacked my suitcase and found the ring. I rang the hotel immediately so I could apologise for my mistake. The man on the phone sounded genuinely pleased that I had found the ring, he also told me that he had sent an email to the linen cleaning company and asked them to be on the lookout for the ring. So rather than being told off for my error the gentleman was lovely, friendly and pleased that I rang. I would definitely say at Midtown again and I highly recommend this well priced hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
MidtownBrisbane, Manager at Mantra Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear RosieGlg

It is really pleasing RosieGLG that you found the apartment great value, exceptionally clean and received excellent customer service from the staff. These are all areas we pride ourselves on and i will forward your comments to the team, it is certainly a pat on the back for the hard work they put in.

Great review and we look forward to your return visit to Midtown Apartments - Charlotte Street.

Regards

Midtown Apartments Team

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Attended Brisbane for conference, and could not stomach the thought of paying top $ in a name hotel where the conference was being held. The location is awesome - drove in to town late in the afternoon and parked, booked in and checked into my room really easily. Manager was a good bloke, and made arrangements to allow me to park during my last day in town.
The room as a studio room, in every sense of the word - very small, single room, and even smaller bathroom. Well equipped kitchenette, though didn't get to use it. Mart underneath allowed for basic grocery needs.
In summary, very tidy little room with the location the trump.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you WhenWeTravel for the positive review of our property, we are really pleased you found the apartment to be comfortable and well appointed. Thank you for letting other reviewers know of our location, just a short walk down to Queen Street Shopping Mall and CBD.

Thank you for the review, we look forward to welcoming you back to the property

Regards