“This chocolatey place is absolute HAVEN!”

Chocolateria San Churro
Ranked #10 of 90 Dessert in Brisbane
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Darwin, Australia
“This chocolatey place is absolute HAVEN!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My first time to San Churro's was in 2009 in Fremantle. This is my second time to San Churro's, but in Brisbane. Love the creativity of dipping the perfect cinnamon fried donut in freshly prepared warm chocolate. Try their in-house chocolates too. My favourite is the hazelnut! Do not miss their desserts too, lots of variety to choose from. Try the white chocolate macadamia cake, it was yummy! Coffee was superb too. If only they have a branch in Darwin!

• Visited July 2012

• Korean first
Brisbane
“Delicious”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Wow stumbled upon this gem late Saturday night wow how good was the food and my coffee nom nom nom, my partner said the Hot Chocolate was awesome too..

Visited September 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Poor Show San Churro”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Called into SAN CHURRO chocolate restaurant in Southbank last week, with four family members. While the others ordered deserts, I ordered a coffee that came with a FREE chocolate (according to the sign out the front, and according to the menu). Coffee came, no chocolate. Caught waitresses eye and asked re the chocolate. I'll go and see she said. Two minutes later - "Sorry, we're out of them". It would have been nice to have been told when I ordered, or even when I received the coffee, however a big fat nothing, and no real apology. Leaving the restaurant, my sister decided to buy one of the chocolates that came in a cute box, (according to the photo in the display), to take home to her husband. Paid money, then received the chocolate 'in a plastic bag'. What about the box??? "Sorry, we're out of boxes !!"
Once again, not before they took the money.
Poor show San Churro - Where's the customer service.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Helen H
Brisbane, Australia
“Great churros!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Ducked in here for a late Wednesday night dessert with my wife after seeing Jersey Boys at QPAC. Very happy to see it still open at 10:30pm on a week night!

We ordered a 'churros for 2' platter, which came with a generous serve of 6 long churros and a choice of 2 dipping pots (we opted for dark chocolate and Spanish caramel 'dulce de leche'
, you could also choose milk chocolate or white chocolate). Plus we shared a thick Spanish hot chocolate.

The churros were delicious. Crispy and warm, with a light dusting of cinnamon sugar. The hot chocolate was also great - thick and hot, very rich, perfect to share.

Only negative was the staff were run off their feet. They were very friendly & helpful, but were clearly struggling to keep up with clearing & cleaning tables to make way for new customers. I'm guessing they'll perfect the staff numbers as they settle in though...

Total bill was $20 for a lovely finish to the night. WIll definitely be back!

• Visited August 2012