“Lucky to have as our local restaurant.”

Lutece Bistro & Wine Bar
Reserve with
Lutece Bistro & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 4,313 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: French, European, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane
“Lucky to have as our local restaurant.”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We went to Lutece last night for the third time and am glad we did. Wonderful food, wine and service. We sat by the window as requested and enjoyed the lovely view. There will be a fourth visit !

• Visited April 2014

Brisbane, Australia
“Outstanding food and service”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Enjoyed a set menu for Valentine's Day with my beautiful wife. The food was outstanding and the service excellent. We also had the option of selecting from a set menu, or the a la carte menu. And the view - one of the best in Brisbane!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank BradKT
“Won't be back”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Visited Letuce for a 2nd time recently, and was disappointed with food and service this time round. After 10 minutes, the waiter starting setting up our table with cutlery for steak before we had even ordered (it was supposed to be for the table next door). We had to ask for a wine cooler after our white wine bottle was dumped unceremoniously in the middle of the table. Later we had to summon the waiter to fill our empty glasses. One of our friends ordered the sand crab lasagna house special, which I had on a previous occasion. This was reportedly very good. However, the steaks ordered by my wife and myself were tasteless chunks of meat, poorly cooked - my medium rare and my wife's medium were both well done. I've had much better steaks at the Brekky Creek or Norman for much less $$$. The proprietor might be better employed spending less time in reception (counting the money?) and more time supervising in the kitchen. Even allowing for the waiter in training, this was not 5 star dining, despite the 5 star prices. As a footnote, we dined with out-of-town friends at the Stokehouse a week later. Great food and service. That's what it's all about, Letuce!

2 Thank Ian D
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food bad service”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Our first experience to dine at Lutece. The menu read impressive. We decided on the autumn tasting menu. The food was good, however the service was not up to the quality of the meal. We ordered sparkling water and three times different waiters tried to top up our glasses with still water. The correct cutlery was not set up. One of the waiters took my husbands plate away while I was still eating. She then lent across my husband to pick up my plate.We had 5 different waiters serving us rather than one dedicated to our table. Then in the middle of eating a waiter came up and said "still or sparkling"? No excuse me!! We had to fill our own wine glasses on a number of occasions. When we had finished our desserts and put our serviettes on the table, they just bought the bill, without even asking if we wanted coffee!!! I was dumbfounded by this action.
They could certainly learn a thing or two from the excellent french restaurant around the corner in Paddington - Montrachet - when it comes to how waiters should serve clientele.
A shame because it has an excellent wine list and the food was good.

Brisbane, Australia
“Delicious food (mostly) but....”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a dinner with my wife and was mostly impressed by the food (exception being one veal cutlet which was blue, not medium rare), but the whole experience was let down by inexperienced and disinterested service. We really wanted to like it being very close to home, but the staff offered our drinks to another table, brought meals without cutlery, cleared my plate whilst my wife was eating, and brought the bill before we had been asked if we wanted a coffee.

Needs this to improve to stay alive in this sector