“Real Thai real people”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

This little Thai restaurant always delivers authentic, fresh, lovely flavours.
The owner has an amazing memory for faces and names and lives to share her love of food with those who come.
Amazing larb!!

2  Thank Gastronachef

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Have had a lot of thais but this little gem in ashgrove is phenomenal. having tried REAL thai food i am very hard to please and all previous ones i have tried have been fairly poor and bland.

However Chinpala surpasses expectations no end. the staff are so friendly and the food is very reasonably priced and the level of the food is fantastic.

this place will definelty be a place we not only frequent as a regular but we will certainly recommend to everyone

1  Thank Lee T
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Eat in at Chinpala Kitchen and have an amazing experience. The food is superb, beautifully presented, fresh and fabulous! I find lunch times the best as the head chef himself serves you and he is really lovely. His wife is a little over the top but really caring and goes out of her way to make you feel welcome and special.

I've eaten there a few times now but was totally blown away when I arrived late on a Sunday night, dirty and tired from having spent the day helping my daughter and her husband clearing out and asked if it would be possible to still get a meal. Not only was I shown quickly to a table, the hostess clucked over me and the chefs made me a special meal from scratch even though they must have been exhausted themselves. I was treated like a queen! It made my day and many days afterwards. I can't say enough good things about Chinpala Kitchen :D

Reviewed September 3, 2012

"A local gem", don't let looks decieve. It is a smallish basic suburban eatery, but you wont be disapointed with the food or service. Great food from a chef who has run 5 star hotel and resort restaurants in Asia, the Middle East and Australia. I visit Brisbane several times a year and have not missed dining in or trying takeaways since I found the place about two years ago. The thai food was as good if not better, than I have tried anywhere in the world, probably because the maitr d Sopha and chef Somchit (its an open kitchen in the true sense of the word), now recognise me and know I can't tolerate hot food. I expect to keep returning.

1  Thank AussieJohn101