“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #35 of 61 Brisbane B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I stayed at this place and found it suitable to my needs. The service was what I expected and I had privacy, the rooms were clean and there was a choice of rooms for travelers with good views or complete privacy. The owner was accommodating and catered to my needs. I would recommend this to people looking for a well priced place to stay that is clean and functional with privacy. Would I stay there again? Of course I would.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a reasonable place to stay with the owner able to cater to your needs, this w...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank John S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have stayed in b&b's all over the world and this is without any doubt the worst ever, there are more rules than Pentridge prison, the owner starts banging and clanging in the kitchen between 4:30 and 5:00am but dont think she cooking your breakfast it might be called a b&b but you aint getting any breakfast, I stayed 3 nights and was woken every day before 5am

THIS PLACE IS A BACKPACKERS NOT A B&B!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
11 Thank Kevin M
GiGi897, Owner at The Pixy Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
To Mr Kevin Mallet and the Whole Wide World. There are hundreds of guests passing through here from various cultural backgrounds. Experience has taught me that I can't assume and can't take granted that everybody would conduct themselves with consideration towards others. This is why just like in society in general there is need for some ground rules. There are only 2 rules in the B&B A., smoking is outside only and B., no food is allowed in the rooms.
If I let people smoke inside it would hurt the interest of non-smokers and would increase fire danger. If I let food to be eaten in the rooms cockroaches would inundate the house, and linen would be ruined too and hence I would be forced to increase the room prices.
You must be confusing indicators and guidance with rules. When I said please close the fridge door which you left open repeatedly causing the food to go off it was not a rule. I'm sorry if you can't see the difference.
You were not the only guest in the house when you visited either. There were other guests who had to go to work early in the morning and prepared their lunches to take with them. They were the ones "banging and clanging in the kitchen at 4:30" not me and if their noises were bothering you then you should have raised the matter with me at the time.
On their arrival every guest is informed about the time of breakfast which is 07:30AM-10:00AM. I also ask everybody if they wanted to have it outside of this time frame. I do remember you saying that you wouldn't be in a hurry in the first morning but never the less rushed out of the house angrily at 07:20AM. We talked about it in the evening and you admitted that you forgot it. So please, don't blame me for your lack of listening skills.
The next day from my own initiative I prepared breakfast for you by 07:00AM and then you didn't touch it. So please, don't state that I didn't make breakfast. Say instead that you weren't listening when I told you about it and the next day you weren't hungry or you sulked or whatever but do not state UNTRUE things.
I'm highly praised for my organisational skills, and to run a B&B efficiently in spite of all odds. It suits to the vast majority of guests and I'm not going to lower the bar. There are plenty of dirty, grotty smelly, run down places to choose from with no Pentridge prison like rules.
Those few days weren't exactly a picnic for me either as I constantly had to stay out of the way of your furry never knowing when you were going to throw something at me.
Finally, please, check the facts in the future before writing another malicious untrue review.
Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Booked this on last minute deals. When we arrived, it is in the bottom of someone's house. We're shown to the room, through a shared kitchen, which smelled very bad. The room bore no resemblance to what we booked through the website. It was two very small beds pushed together. The ensuite was through another room. No tv in the room we booked. No fridge, like the website said it had. Needless to say, not staying here. Don't book this place!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank T M
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed for night in the single room in September 2012. I thought it was great value for money, Really nice very clean room, quiet and relaxing, worth going out of the city for a bit of peace and quiet, after spending my first night in a back packers in the centre with loud music most of the night, it was really nice to come here to get a good nights sleep. Breakfast provided, really nice kitchen and tv room. I will definitely be staying here again next time I'm in Brisbane. Very nice helpful lady running it too

Room Tip: I didn't have time to go in the swimming pool, maybe next time.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo