“Beware, chilli costs extra!”
Review of Sakana Restaurant

Sakana Restaurant
Ranked #1,286 of 4,934 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Dine in or takeaway
Description: Dine in or takeaway
Reviewed February 2, 2014

When placing my our orders, the waitress asked if we would like our meals spicy. Since I was having a sizzling korean bulgogi, I thought it was a strange question so I said "of course I would like it spicy", and likewise my wife asked for her meal to be spicy. We were both shocked to discover that we were charged an extra $1.50 per meal (see pic of receipt).
But even before we had seen the bill, we both felt that it was the poorest quality meal for the prices. There was very little meat, and way too much onion and cabbage. Bulk onion and cabbage are sure signs that the chef is incompetent or lazy.
And I'm embarrassed to say that this is not the first time that we have eaten at this restaurant, but it will be the last!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We chanced upon Sakana, and were very happy we did! Very yummy food and a great little find. We want to go back to try some more of their dishes, which is always a good sign for a food establishment.

Our only negative would be the cramped seating and lack of direct parking, but neither would be enough to stop us coming back, but something you might need to factor in. It is a small place, so they have done their best to maximise the space.