“Still as good as ever!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Still as good as ever!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We hadn’t been to Amphora for a while and it was just as good as we remembered it. Simple décor, good atmosphere, excellent service and great food. My favourite, the Seafood pie, was still available and delicious. The others had the Chicken livers and the Zucchini flowers which were also delicious. Everything was beautifully presented.
We went at lunch time and it was not full, but probably always best to make a reservation. I particularly like the fact that the tables are far enough away from each other that you are really not aware of the other diners. A great place!

• Visited May 2014

Brisbane, Australia
“A Restaurant to recommend to your friends”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is a consistently good restaurant I have visited on many occasions. The food has always been excellent and the service friendly and very pleasant. This small Restaurant has a lovely atmosphere, but it is advisable to make sure that there are no parties going on at the time you are dining. Some sound dampening material would be an excellent idea. The food is good value for money and I have no hesitation to recommend the Amphora warmly.

• Visited May 2014
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“my favourite local”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I love this restaurant and the fact that it is small and sometimes noisy and that I cant remember the menu changing. The food is always good the price is great and the staff are fantastic, I wish there were more restaurants like this. If your looking for fancy dining this isn't for you, if your looking for a great meal at a real price it is.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Brad B
Brisbane
“Best local ”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Amphora many times and I am never disappointed. The food is fantastic and good value for money.
On this occasion we had a table for four inside and had the misfortune to be there when they had a very large table of women who were very loud. I'm deaf and hearing aids don't cope in very loud situations. One of my friends spoke to the waitress and she rearranged the tables and moved us into the outer, less noisy room. I thought she was very kind and helpful. Once again Amphora exceeded my expectations.

“Very very good...”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Having this place as a local restaurant has to be the best solution to "where-should-we-eat-tonight?" type discussions ever. I eat here lots. The food is always fantastic, and it has to have the best calamari I have ever had. This place has atmosphere, amazing food, great service, and is very good value. Book ahead -- all the locals know about it, so getting a table is not easy if you just rock up without booking.

• Visited July 2013