“A great way to tour”

City Sights Hop On Hop Off-Day Bus Tours
Reviewed November 1, 2016

I spent a day doing this tour around Brisbane. There were 2 separate tours. 1st lasted for 90 minutes and the 2nd for 60 minutes, depending on how many times you got on/off. The 1st tour was mainly inner Brisbane including the Brisbane wheel where I got off and enjoyed lunch by the river after a ride on the Ferris wheel that gave me awesome views of the area. The 2nd tour was up Mount Coot-tha which had spectacular views of the city buildings and surrounding area. The information, via headphones, in different languages, was good and with tid -bits of Aussie humour. So much to enjoy on these great tours, reasonably priced at under $30 and the best way to see lots of any city.

Reviewed October 18, 2016

Essential for first timers in Brisbane . More expensive than Singapore , and Singapore has more , but still must-do . There are two tours - the city , and the Mount Coot-tha tour which you can catch from the Queen St terminus . Unfortunately about 70% of the Coot-tha tour repeats the city tour ( Milton Road & . Coronation drive ) with only one transfer station ( at the transit centre ) so is not terribly clever . The mount hooh-ha takes an hour , and leaves hourly , whereas the city tour is every 15mins . Mount-Cool-la allows 8 minutes for the look out , which is rather tight ; the alternative being to spend an hour there . There is a resto at the top , apparently with $20 lunch . We ate at the Queen St terminus , an underground food hall eatery with different cuisines , like a shopping mall, and much frequented by office workers . We had two main courses , and together spent $9.50. Devote a day to this , and visit the botanical gardens , and the South Bank Museums . Chinatown is not worth visiting for shopping , although apparently interesting after dark- when the tours don't run .
The ticket is valid 24 hours so we could have had a second morning , but enough .

Reviewed September 30, 2016

Plenty of stops around the town. Make the time and do the Mount Coot-tha tour as well for some amazing views over the city.

Reviewed September 23, 2016

Once we knew bus was opposite post office found quite easy. Very chatty bus driver who gave us good advice regarding ticket. The tour lasted 90 plus minutes depending on traffic. We had problems with earphones for the recorded commentary which stopped and started but we got the gist of what the history of the City was about. we choose to remain on the bus for the full tour and found areas that we will return to at a later date. When visiting a new city we always use the tour bus as it gives you a good feel for the area and this did not disappoint.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 25, 2016

I had 2 weeks of work in Brisbane and wanted some fun stuff to do during my evenings and weekends. I normally don't use these services, but decided to give this one a try. I had a hard time finding the post office bus stop (I was 1 block too far east) but I eventually found it, bought a ticket and started the tour.

I chose to get off the bus at Southbank, spend 2 hours walking around, and caught one of the next buses.

This was money well spent.