“Delicious Brunch” 5 of 5 bubbles

Grub Street Cafe
Ranked #29 of 334 Coffee & Tea in Brisbane
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Mackay, Queensland, Australia
“Delicious Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Have been going to grub street for a few years now and it never fails to be delicious. Fresh and seasonal food with bags of flavour!

• Visited September 2013

Brisbane, Australia
“Great breakie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Terrible location but really great menu, delicious breakfast, decent coffee. I had the pumpkin & haloumi fritters and they were really good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Aussie in Asia
“Worth repeat visits”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Like this small eatery but it is sometimes hard to get a table, parking can be a challenge and it can be noisy. Good variety of food but I find some I like, some I don't. Mostly I do but some food is drier than I like. I've had servings so generous I couldn't finish them.

Service is excellent and bottled chutneys etc always tempt.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“A local treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am a local and have eaten here four times and every time is exceptional! I visited again today and was delighted to see a new menu. I had corn and bell pepper fritters with bacon, grilled mozzarella and jalapeño jam. My husband had an amazing pulled pork omelette. Meals around around $15-$17 but there are cheaper options too. Next time I want to try the quinoa porridge with granola and berries!

The staff are great and even better, this place is dog friendly if you sit outside.

This place is well known to locals but worth a drive if you are further away. Note - it's only open till 1pm on a Sunday so make sure you arrive early enough!

• Visited April 2013
Brisbane
“After driving past it regularly, we stopped. And LOVED it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I drive past this lovely cafe very regularly. And after ages of talking about it, we stopped and had brunch. And it was delightful. I had the "Pumpkin & haloumi fritters w tzatziki , hazelnut dukkah ,sautéed spinach , grilled chorizo". It was fabulous. My brunch date enjoyed "‘Green eggs and ham’ pesto scrambled eggs w/ ham off the bone, sourdough and smoked tomatoes" and gave it two thumbs up too.

• Visited March 2013