Both a friend and I stayed at the SOHO for the second game of State of Origin...
Plus - Able to check in early at 11am instead of 2pm
- Kind enough to upgrade us to a double and single bed room so we didn't have to share
- Our train didn't leave till 1655 and check out was early so they let us store our bags..
- Cleaning staff were friendly and room was presented nicely for the price
- Considering this was the only hotel left out of 15+ we tried to stay at...the SOHO was close to public transport for the game and Queen St Mall (free Spring Hill loop bus out the front)... But we were still left paying an expensive price for an average hotel
- We booked through Flight Centre who forgot to tell us we had to give a $200 room deposit upon arrival for incidental payments which doesn't happen in all hotels.. explaining this misunderstanding to the reception staff was difficult and because I didn't have a MasterCard, Visa or direct debit card I had to walk 3 doors down to the BPH to get cash out.. The receptionist was quite rude in the way she referred to Flight Centre consultants here in Bundaberg and there ability to book hotels and apartments and give correct information to customers..
- Upon arriving in our room (113) it was quite cool so we decided to turn the air conditioner on which subsequently made a rather loud start up sound as it was in a poor state of repair..
- The heater was reverse circle and we had it running from 11am-4pm and it was still cold.. so we rang room service for 2 more blankets.. and were asked quite rudely had we turned the air-conditioning to heating and I said yes... and had we closed the balcony door yes.. finally they agreed to reluctantly bring us up 2 more blankets...
- Not that its our issue on a workplace level but I felt it was ours on a customer level considering the young lady was cleaning our room.. the receptionist again spoke quite rudely - this time toward her cleaning staff ringing her insisting she stop all she was doing and the room be vacuumed stat!
- Traffic noise didn't worry me because I live on a main road at home
- Security: Both my friend and I were reluctant to walk in the dark or through the Roma St Parklands even during day light.. so we caught public transport both buses and trains safely and were approached by a lovely british uni student who saw we were lost at Roma St trying to get to the stadium.. she was kind enough to walk us directly to the stadium through the parklands and busy streets!
Overall we had a great time at the game and at the shops, however we would prefer to stay else where next year if we go again :)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Soho Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soho Hotel Brisbane
- Soho Motel Brisbane