“Still a great Economical place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Metropolitan Motor Inn
Ranked #101 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
Australia
“Still a great Economical place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Fantastic staff...... who have made me feel so welcomed back here. Whilst this place is not the ritz, the staff make my stay comfortable as possible. It is close to the city and it has a free bus run on week days! Restaurant steaks were great.

Room Tip: Rooms off the side are better and quietier... esp on the weekend
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel back in November and it was the worst experience I have ever had in my time of many years of Business Travel. On a arrival I entered the lift to take me to reception and when we arrive at this floor the lift jumped as if it was going to fall!!!. I entered reception to find a scruffy man behind the reception desk wearing a T shirt and board shorts and he ignored me for about 5 mins until someone came to check me in I later found out this man was the Manager!!!, I wasn't game to use the lift after my first experience so used the stairs, on arrival to my floor I thought I had gone back in time it was very dated but the worse was still to come, the bathroom in my room was dirty and very much not had any attention since the 70's, I could not tell which was the hot and cold tap as they were so old they weren't colour coded, I then rang down to reception to make a reservation for dinner and was told the restaurant was closed!! but was never told this when I booked or even when I checked in.!!
Also the room didn't even have any power points next to the bed to plug my iphone in!!
My advise stay away from this place I felt dirty leaving there even though I had showered before I left NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 933Traveller123

Travelers are raving about these Brisbane hotels

Northern Victoria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

The metro was a great location- walking distance, about 900m to queens st mall and the valley night clubs. Once we got there we didn't have to drive anywhere. Wouldn't stay anymore than two nights. Beds were pretty comfortable. The kitchenette only had a kettle, 2 mugs, 2 cups and 1 spoon! with tea / coffee. No tea towel or other cutlery which was kind of expected. Had flat screen tv with balcony. Bathroom had mould in the corners which I expected from reading other trip advisors after booking it!!! There was also bits of black hair and the plug hole was filled with old soap/hair in the shower. Basin looked like it hadn't been cleaned. But overall we were there to party for the weekend so were barely in the room and had a great time! Lovely staff and cleaning staff also!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hamilton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed two nights - a week apart. We were a group of 12 golfers and had stayed here before. The rooms are dated but they can sleep 4 singles in the one room which suited us and we were not in the rooms for very long. The location is pretty good as you can walk to town and he south bank is a further 10- 15 minutes if you dont mind a decent walk. However, the walk home is pretty much uphill! The staff were very accomodating and were always prompt in getting back to me. We were also able to park our 12 seater van and trailer on site which is usually a problem in the CBD. So for us it was good ( somewhere between the average and very good options you get to choose).and we will likely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Absolutely disgusting venue, breakfast in bed is not even worth it. The staff were the worst. Especially the blonde Swedish girl who stole our deposit and lied and said there were traces of smoking in the room when clearly there wasn't. Don't bother wasting your time there it's all a scam.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Ttmj91
Roma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Close to Edward street (city centre), its main benefit is the free car parking (which is really expensive in Brisbane). The room is OK, the bathroom would need a renewal. Still slightly expensive for what it offers, overall it may be a solution if you are travelling by far, just for one night or two.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank einai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Ok where 2 start.....
My cousin booked online 4 one night for 3 adults.she secured the reservation with a debt visa or mastercard (not 2 sure which 1). Ok all good up till then. We reach reception n the admin lady says they can not take debit cards as security n that we had to pay cash $150 up front. At that point I was wondering if we were going to have somewhere to stay that night. My cousin coming from bundaberg n myself coming from melbourne did not likethe fact that we had to walk up to the 2nd floor with our luggage n smaller bag because the lift was out of order.We reach the room n to make the rest of the story short the aircon bearly worked, there was something itching me in 1 of the single beds that was clearly to me a built in balcony. And last but not least it wasnt the cleanest ive seen for $179 pn. Bottom line is I wouldn't recommend the metropolitan motor inn 2 anyone.

• Stayed September 2013