“Love the place”

Annie's Shandon Inn
Ranked #13 of 61 Brisbane B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Annies is like an old lady, started in1850 's but going strong. rooms are smallish but thats how they built them. Hosts are helpfully, welcoming and eager to please. Continental brekky included. Rooms are a/cond, spotless and sheets crisp and clean. Close to city and nearby hospitals. Enjoyed my stay.. Thanks from a territorian!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Balanda52

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I only had one day in Brisbane and found Annie's online. I was travelling with my boyfriend and we were a little nervous that we didnt have a formal confirmation receipt. Just an email saying the room was ours.
However there was nothing to worry about! Thats just how they do things here! The staff made us feel so welcome and were very so kind and considerate. we were given a downstairs room that had its own bathroom. The decor of the whole place is a little dated and our room could have done with a bit of colour but it did feel cosy. Almost like you were staying at your grandparents. The lighting was also a little green which added to the strange colour of the room. However the location is fab...right near the city centre, Its great value for money and you can't fault the staff for customer service.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Francesca M
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Annie's Inn was the most delightful of all our hotel stays across Oz.
This quaint little B & B is artfully decorated and is full of individual character as it has a genuine history dating back to the beginnings of Brisbane. It is spotless, well run by a charming couple and excellent value for money, especially as it really is a heritage inn with a genuine atmosphere so different from the manufactured charm of pricier places.
It is situated a few minutes walk from the bustling CBD and Central station and easy to get to on public transport even with luggage. Restaurants, ATMs, the free bus etc are all steps from the front door.
Street noise was not a problem even though we were in a room at the front. The stairs creak and the walls are not soundproof as in all old houses, but this is not a backpacker place and most guests seemed to be on their best behaviour. The breakfast of juice, cereal and toast is 'continental' as stated and the anytime tea and coffee is a bonus.
Thanks to Tony and Wendy for making us feel at home with their travel advice and genuine concern for our comfort.
A rare combination of characterful charm and genuinely warm hosts, we would love to stay at Annie's Shandon Inn again.

Room Tip: Book early. This is a justifiably popular choice and was full throughout our stay there.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for 1 night in November and I'm so glad that we did! Our first impression of Annie's - cute! We were checked in by Tony, a delightful gentleman who couldn't do enough for us. Annie's is quaint and old fashioned and Tony's demeanour matched this exactly.

We stayed in a twin en suite room downstairs which, though small, was comfortable with a ceiling fan, aircon and a good shower. There was a communal kitchenette which had everything you needed for tea/coffee and to make a light dinner.

Wifi is available here for $5 for the entire stay which is awesome value!

It is a scant 5 minutes walk from Central Station. Shopping, restaurants, public transport is all within walking distance.

The rooms are well priced - you won't find better in the CBD. Throw in a fantastic location and you've got yourself a great place to stay. Would most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I totally enjoyed staying at Annie's Inn. The bed & breakfast feels like home and the hosts are very very lovely and welcoming. They are super helpful with tips on what to do, where to dine etc. and make you feel like you're at home. The location is very conveniently located, you can reach the CBD and Southside by foot and can also walk from the Roma transit center. Breakfast is included and the rooms are very cute. I'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2012

It was a pleasant stay at Annie's - the rooms and bathrooms were clean, the place was neat, different than most of the other places (in a positive way), and pretty convenient to the CBD area.

It's also a bit small and old; the breakfast is relatively sparse (OJ, toast & cereal), the bed is squeaky, and the street facing room we were is a bit loud throughout the night.
Hope some of these issues get addressed and I'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abitofeverything
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was looking for overnight accomodation, and was lucky to get a room at Annie's. I was immediately felt welcome in their quaint little B&B. The decor is old fashioned - but that's the whole charm of the place! The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean. The shower had awesome pressure and hot water. I found it to be a very quiet hotel, even though I was in room 5 - right opposite the 'front desk'. The owners/staff were beyond friendly. They were just wonderful. When I realised that I had missed my flight, one of the owners overheard my phone call and jumped straight onto the computer to see what other flights were available. She was so helpful and understanding. And even walked me to the train station! I am eternally grateful for their wonderful hospitality!
If I was to return to Brisbane, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Even if I was given the choice of a flash new hotel or this delightful old fashioned B&B... I'ld pick Annies! It's a great location - and a great price. The breakfast is basic - but given the price - it's a bonus! The owners/staff are without question the frlendliest hospitality people I have ever come across!

Room Tip: I got the shuttle bus from the airport & it dropped me at the door. If you arrive via train (Ce...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo