Annie's Shandon Inn
Hilton
$162
$136
  • Restaurant
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$125
$116
$109
$122
$104
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Royal Albert Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$124
$112
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Royal On The Park(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$115
Agoda.com
$62
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsshared bathroomcereal and toastcentral stationbudget accommodationfree tea and coffeebed breakfasthome away from homean aussielovely hostswashing and dryingceiling fansingle roomwalking distance to the citydowntown brisbanefive minute walkenjoyed my stayclean rooms
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I totally enjoyed staying at Annie's Inn. The bed & breakfast feels like home and the hosts are very very lovely and welcoming. They are super helpful with tips on what to do, where to dine etc. and make you feel like you're at home. The location is very conveniently located, you can reach the CBD and Southside by foot and can also walk from the Roma transit center. Breakfast is included and the rooms are very cute. I'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2012

It was a pleasant stay at Annie's - the rooms and bathrooms were clean, the place was neat, different than most of the other places (in a positive way), and pretty convenient to the CBD area.

It's also a bit small and old; the breakfast is relatively sparse (OJ, toast & cereal), the bed is squeaky, and the street facing room we were is a bit loud throughout the night.
Hope some of these issues get addressed and I'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abitofeverything
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was looking for overnight accomodation, and was lucky to get a room at Annie's. I was immediately felt welcome in their quaint little B&B. The decor is old fashioned - but that's the whole charm of the place! The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean. The shower had awesome pressure and hot water. I found it to be a very quiet hotel, even though I was in room 5 - right opposite the 'front desk'. The owners/staff were beyond friendly. They were just wonderful. When I realised that I had missed my flight, one of the owners overheard my phone call and jumped straight onto the computer to see what other flights were available. She was so helpful and understanding. And even walked me to the train station! I am eternally grateful for their wonderful hospitality!
If I was to return to Brisbane, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Even if I was given the choice of a flash new hotel or this delightful old fashioned B&B... I'ld pick Annies! It's a great location - and a great price. The breakfast is basic - but given the price - it's a bonus! The owners/staff are without question the frlendliest hospitality people I have ever come across!

Room Tip: I got the shuttle bus from the airport & it dropped me at the door. If you arrive via train (Central Station) - look out for the pink/blue building.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jodie259
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have stayed at Annies Inn a couple of times now. One time about 7 years ago and another about a week ago. Not much has changed with this little gem. The warm welcome when we arrived and morning smile at breakfast time is still all the same. The rooms on the front of the hotel can be a bit noisy from the traffic, but you have to remember that you are in the city centre. The pink and blue paint on the outside makes it easy to find and it is a couple of minutes walk from Central Station.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2012

It's quite a steep climb from Central Station to the traffic lights at the corner of Upper Edward Street, so bear this in mind if you have a suitcase or two. However, it only takes five minutes from outside the station. Listing the location as next door to the ANZ Bank would make it even simpler to find.

Non-ensuite rooms are very small, but comfortable, with several hangars in the wardrobe. For this reason I would recommend it only for a short stay (one or two nights). Breakfast was what I expected - cereal, toast, fruit juice and tea or coffee - the latter is available at any time.

There was no handbasin in my room, so I had to use the shared bathroom for everything (but never had to wait). Water temperature and pressure in the shower varied quite widely without me adjusting the tap, so I guess that each shower tank is NOT isolated from the overall water supply.

Managers were very friendly and obliging, and let me leave all my bags with them after checking out while I went sightseeing before my evening flight.

Sightseeing tip: Less than 10 minutes' walk to Queen Street Mall, then a further 5-10 minutes to Botanical Gardens or 15 minutes to South Bank (Museum, Art Gallery) if you are moderately fit.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back if possible - mine was at the front, and noise from a nearby construction site woke me at least an hour before I wanted!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo