“Adequate though a little dated”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brisbane
Alexandra Serviced Apartments
Ranked #141 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Cairns, Australia
“Adequate though a little dated”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We recently stayed for 4 nights in one of the newer rooms at the rear of the complex (thank you to a Trip Advisor contributor for this tip!). The location was perfect as we needed to be close to the Princess Alexandra Hospital & it was just across the road. The room was clean & had a kitchenette & laundry which we definitely needed. The shower was an odd combination of a sitz bath which made showering a little tricky. The twin beds had minds of their own & moved whenever we lent on the head boards or even just sat on them. However the prices were very reasonable & even though the complex had a bit of an air of a 1980's motel, it was comfortable enough for us initially.We did move to a more upmarket ( & more expensive!) option across the street eventually. It was worth the extra...

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newer rooms at the back of the complex if you can manage stairs.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank tropicaltraveller9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Longreach, Australia
Reviewed March 26, 2014

After reading some of the reviews here i was a bit worried, but found the service, rooms and price all excellent. Very roomy and plenty of space with all that you could need for a very comfortable stay here. Bed was great and everything was very clean. I will be definitely staying there again. Just a tip for others, ask for one of the back newer apartments. I was very happy.

Room Tip: Ask for back rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank B J Y
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed March 22, 2014

A younger sibling was in hospital for a kidney transplant in late last year/early this year. The hospital staff had recommended this accommodation to me. We stayed there for 2months and during that time we were looked after very well, We even had mail sent to us from family and friends from home. For anyone that doesn't have family or friends and don't have a great deal of money, I would recommend this place. We enjoyed our stay very much.( we stayed in the rear block.). Everything was located within walking distance. The apartment that I shared with my sibling was very comfortable. It served and suited our purposes and needs very well.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the apartments are quieter and easy access to the shopping centre up the stree...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Shar0n_P22
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This place is absolutely disgusting. My sick mother who had just gone through a kidney transplant was offered to stay here through government subsidy which we thought oh hell yeah! So we came to visit her and was horrified. The place smelt like they were trying to cover up the smell of death, it is as old as a dinosaur and hasn't been updating since Elvis was born. It is of such poor quality that jail would have been a better choice! The place is a horrible colour smell and feel. Exposed brick, felt like the elevator was going to break, car park was like a pedo basement, rooms tiny as, everything so so old it was just uncomfortable, depressing and horrible. Then when I had to move my mother to the pa apartments across the road which are lovely by the way, the owner was an absolute cock and was in no way being customer orientated, just disappointed that the money was no longer going into his greasy hands.
Hope the place burns to the ground. Just awful. Please don't ever burden yourself to stay there.

• Stayed January 2014
6 Thank Maddi17345

Travelers are raving about these Brisbane hotels

Toowoomba
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed at the apartments (rear block) for 4 days, and I was surprised when I opened the door. After reading the reviews on here, I was hesitant of what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. The Room was clean, and crisp. white sheets, that smelt fresh, the kitchen was clean and fresh. When turning on the aircon, I thought it would be stinky, but it was fresh. It had a spacious clean bathroom, with washing machine and dryer. Efficient clothes storage, with spare pillows and blankets, which were also clean and fresh. There are many lights to choose from so you can set your own mood, and a table to eat at or to use the computer. there is a lounge, and tv which had all your free to air channels, plus 6 fox channels. The apartments are private, and quiet. It is off Ipswich road, and during the day you can hear the cars and trucks, and at night, the ambulences, but it is right across the road from the Princess Alexandra Hospital, so you would expect a certain level of noise. if inside, with the tv on and aircon, it soon blocks out. The best part about these apartments, is that its so close to the shops, including woolworths, burunda shopping village, cafes, newsagents, bakery, and lucky7. The Bus stop is right out the front of the PA hospital, and the buses come so often, it is extremely easy to get too and from the city. I rate this 5/5 and if had to stay down here again for health treatment, this is the place to be.

Room Tip: go to the back blocks, so ive heard, and I chose one, and it is really nice
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Sarah D
Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I have recently returned from a 6 week stay at the Apartments (rear block) as I was having treatment at the PA hospital. We found the apartments to be clean, modern and well positioned to the Hospital across the road, shopping centre with places to dine.
The city is close by with a bus stop out the front and they have off street parking.The staff are friendly and happy to help you if needed.

Room Tip: Rear block would be quieter than front
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brett M
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I'm surprised by some of the previous reviews, because my experience couldn't have been better. Dennis bent over backwards to help me get accommodation on short notice. The unit was fully self contained, clean and tidy, and extremely handy to the hospital. Excellent value for money, considering I was charged $200 per night at an apartment near by. They even let me leave my car there after I had checked out, so I could visit my husband in the hospital. Would gladly stay here again. Many thanks

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo