Best Western Airport 85 Motel
Oaks Felix(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$106
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness center
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$116
$76
Hotels.com
$137
Hilton Brisbane(Brisbane)
$151
  • Restaurant
Royal On The Park(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$115
$109
$104
  • Restaurant
Royal Albert Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$124
Travelocity
$79
$62
  • Pool
All reviewsbowls clubcomplimentary continental breakfastone nightfriendly hostsan early flightfamily roomracecourse roadking size bedacross the roadroom was cleaninternational flightrental carground floorquiet locationcruise terminalstay there againfree wifi
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as I flew from Europe and was being picked up by a family member the following day. After 25 hours of flying I arrived at this motel at 3am. I was solo so I had an 18kg bag, a 7kg hand luggage and a hand bag to carry by myself.
Because of the early hours, there was no night receptionist available for face to face interaction. Rang the bell and got out my key from a safe. It had the room number written on it but I didn't know where the room was cause they rooms on the upper floor weren't marked. So at 3am I had to wheel these two luggages by myself and hope to come across the correct room, having to carry them up a floor!!!! I definitely didn't enjoy that part, however, the rooms were quite modern and clean, so fortunately I got a good nights sleep. I looked forward to breakfast but it finished at about 9 and I had no idea about this so I missed it. No food was available to buy so I stayed hungry. Not a great experience if you're alone and arriving late, but at least the room was good.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
David S, Manager at Best Western Airport 85 Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

We are very sorry you had a bad experience at our motel we do try our very best to accommodate our guests, however we are only a small business and unfortunately can't be open 24 hours a day to greet all of our guests or provide food. Our reception is open daily for check-ins between 2pm and 9pm and checkouts from 7am. Our late check-in procedure is we given the access code to the key safe on arrival and in the safe is an envelope with your name on it which has your key, details about how to find your room and also about our complimentary breakfast hours. We also have a room location map on receptions door beside the key safe. All of our rooms have numbers above the entry doors and as entry to the top floor is via stairs these are not seen until you are up the stairs. WE are sorry that on this occasion you had some trouble finding your room we certainly try our best to make it easy and will look into a way to simplify this process for the future. Usually with late check-ins we try to put people in downstairs rooms however this is not always possible and if a request has not been put in early enough unfortunately we can't move them in the early hours of the morning once everyone else is already checked in. WE are sorry for the inconvenience this caused you especially after such a late flight. WE would love you to stay with us again so we could give you a better experience.
kind regards
susan

Reviewed December 20, 2013

A great start to our trip. Only a ten minute drive from the airport - tell the taxi driver it's near the Ascot racecourses if he's not sure. Very clean accommodation and a warm welcome by Shaun and Susan.
We found a good choice of eating places about a ten-minute walk away - along Lancaster Rd, then left onto Racecourse Rd. A good continental breakfast at the motel set us up for the next flight.
We used a Black-and-White cab from the airport, with no problems, straight to the motel and at twenty dollars it was cheaper than the guide price. Shaun happy to arrange the return taxi with his regular driver.
Highly recommended for an overnight - or longer - stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tyke_in_Exile_9
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This Motel was clean and comfortable before our flight out to Fiji. The rooms were clean and the king size bed was very good. We had 4 of us stay in this apartment with 2 single bunks and 1 king size bed. The room was quite small but that was all
required for a good nights sleep.
The airport was about 12 minute drive from the motel so location wise was handy for us to order a cab prior to our flight.
The bonus was the complimentary continental breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jules F
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I must admit my stay was EXCELLENT with the staff being very friendly and helpful in every way,close to town and airport and the cafe's in the area are A1 as with the many great food cafe's as well I can't fault the Motel in any way,the managers are professionally trained as with the cleaning staff and talk about honest so to sum things up I would recommend any one that visits Brisbane too give the Airport 85 their first stop as I think that any future traveller that stays will be surprised as to how clean and friendly the motel is also with the small dining area and the quality of food that comes from the kitchen is A1 and best of all breakfast is included with with your stay,for me I will be back..

Room Tip: Great rooms at the top level at the rear in the middle section..
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank 976Paul_1958
David S, Owner at Best Western Airport 85 Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

We thank you very much for your review. We have excellent Managers and cleaning staff who take great pride in their work. We aim to give our guests a friendly, comfortable experience with service that exceeds their expectations. It is wonderful when you do receive compliments, thank you we appreciate your comments and feed back.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Mum Dad and two boys 6 and 8
Overnight stay before a flight, well kept hotel with a complimentary pleasant breakfast. Owners are friendly.
The room was very comfortable and it was better booking directly with the hotel to request certain bedding arrangements.
The only issue was a little train noise from the station directly across the road, and another guest who thought it was okay to turn on their TV in the early hours full bore. There was a few guests leaving for their flights quite early as well, however were relatively quiet.
A short drive to dinner venues on Racecourse Road and down on the water front.
There is also a bowling club less than 2 minute walk where they will charge the meal back to your room account.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel to get certain bedding arrangements, the website is run by the parent company and is a little misleading.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family