Breakfast Creek Hotel
Oaks Felix(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$127
$106
  • Fitness center
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$125
$76
Hotels.com
Hilton Brisbane(Brisbane)
$166
$151
$137
  • Restaurant
Royal On The Park(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$129
$109
$105
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Royal Albert Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$124
Travelocity
$79
$62
  • Pool
All reviewsrum barbrekky creekspanish gardendisplay cabineteye filletsbrisbane pubbrisbane river
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Great Brisbane steak house - go for their signature steak offerings as they are extensive and just about any cut is available.

The prices are up there considering the main area is self serve, i.e. no table service for meals or drinks. If you want table service and the trimings go for the Spanish Garden. Its a nice atmosphere, fittings are basic, but the prices are even higher than outside.

The only thing I didn't like were the round plates for the bigger cuts of steak as they hang over the sides....gets messy but they are well cooked! The potatoes and salad are small.

Room Tip: Choose the Spanish Garden for a better level of service - but you will pay for it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Whenever I in Brisbane I try to go to the Brekky Creek for a steak. Ideally I like to eat in the Spanish Gallery restaurant part of the hotel as the menu is better. This time I couldn't wait for a table so ordered the pub version steak. As always it was just what a steak should be. It's not the best steak I've had but is certainly up there. The Brekky Creek hotel is a great Queensland pub and if you go there with friends you couldn't fail to have a great time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2013

First time visit to an iconic Brisbane Hotel. Met up with friends for lunch & spent a very pleasant Sunday afternoon here. The weather was glorious, the ambience of the hotel superb, the meals great & the company excellent. The hotel is well known for its many choices of steak. My steak was good, but was not cooked to my preference of medium. It was very rare, seared well enough, that there was no blood. However, it was tender & tasty. I would definitely go back for another visit.

Room Tip: This is not a hotel for accommodation. I accidentally touched the Sleep Quality buttons & cannot undo on my iPad. This hotel is a pub.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was taken by local friends who spoke highly of this place. Although huge there are discrete areas so still a good atmosphere even when not busy. Two of our three steaks were over-cooked. We took them back and they were replaced without question. Not a great mistake to make in a place that claims to be a steak specialist but great recovery. Good range of beers and spirits. History room is also interesting.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had an afternoon at the Breakfast Creek Hotel over the June long weekend and had a very pleasant time catching up with friends.
We choose the hotel for it's history, family friendliness, ambience and food and got more....amazing quality rum cocktails served by incredibly knowledgable staff.
We happened to pick a quiet time to visit which suited us well with two children in tow.
After setting them up with kids meals & activity packs we could catch up with friends with ease.
The variety of beer on tap was great (especially the SA McLaren Vale - Vale Ale), but the choice in international and Australian rum was staggering.
The staff mixed us a special mojito and a treacle cocktail and they were both delicious. Their attention to detail to their 'craft' was fascinating to watch & their stories about each rum and drink they were mixing were great to listen to.
We also had food (steak & chicken) which to be honest was good - but nothing to rave about and it was much higher priced than we would have liked to have paid.
In saying that our cocktails were $10-15 each but amazing!! :)
So if you're in Brisbane - go to the 'Brekky Creek' and try a different rum drink than a Bundy (or one of them if that's your thing).
Maybe steer away from the expensive things on the food menu (have some sides) and instead settle down for a couple of swish cocktails and ask the staff what they'd recommend. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends