“Very friendly & Convienent”

Rydges South Bank Brisbane
Ranked #34 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed November 10, 2009

My husband and I arranged a special weekend for ourselves and our dearest friends to celebrate our anniveries (our 25th and their 5th) and by attending the Good Food and Wine show in the nearby Convention Centre. We found all staff we encountered extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel itself is situated in a very convienent location not only close to the Convention Centre, but to Southbank parklands (for romantic walks at night), loads of other resturants, cinemas, casins and southbank markets, as well as close to Brisbane city. We will be coming back for another stay to explore the city and museum when we will have more time.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
FOM-RydgesSB, Front Office Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2009

Many thanks for the review 'Weekenders58',

It's a pleasure to hear of your enjoyable stay celebrating your anniversary with us and at the Good Food & Wine show. It's fantastic to hear of your positive experiences with relation to our staff; we pride ourselves on our approach to guest service and can see this was reflected in your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your forthcoming stays.

Scott Levey - FOM

There are newer reviews for Rydges South Bank Brisbane

Reviewed October 29, 2009

I stayed in a deluxe riverview twin with my brother in September. The view is nice, the service is above average for a hotel of that rating, particularly the concierge service which was exceptional (even better than a $1500 per night room in Paris). Front desk efficient, friendly and helpful, room service the same, beds very comfortable, bathrooms a bit dated and small but they have a bath. No pool, spa only which is not so appealing nor is the gym but why would you need either when the swimming lagoons, river and walking paths are right across the road.

• Stayed: September 2009
3  Thank JacWasHere2009
Callum_Kennedy, Executive Assistant Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2009

Thanks for the review “JacWasHere2009”

Really appreciate the comments regarding the team, especially the Concierge!

We are currently working through a maintenance program with regards to the bathrooms to regenerate them. The Gymnasium is also in the process of a complete refit, which is due for completion by 12th November 2009, including state of the art “Life Fitness” cardio and strength equipment. I would encourage you take a look next time you are in Brisbane.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Rydges Hotel South Bank in the future.

Reviewed October 28, 2009

We've stayed at plenty of hotels in Brisbane but never stayed at South Bank. We totally loved it. The kids are generally hard to please when you go on holiday and don't stay at theme parks, but they loved South bank. The hotel staff were so friendly to us, they really made the stay fab. We picked this hotel due to the location from a train station that links to the airport. We hate hiring cars, its always an unnecessary expense - you drive from the airport to the hotel and then the car sits there for a few days and then you drive back. But the train from the airport was super quick and then a very short walk to the hotel.
Although we arrived before check in time we didn't have to wait long for the room.
We'll be staying again!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Faith1998

Dear “Faith1998”

Thanks for the review!

South Bank is a great place for children and I am glad that your kids enjoyed the area; I am sure “Streets Beach” was a hit.

Your comments regarding the team are energising so thank you, and I am also glad that we managed to get you straight into your room upon your early arrival.

Hope to see you again when you are next in Brisbane.

Reviewed October 19, 2009

I do like this hotel - so much so that, having stayed here a few times for business, I now stay here for pleasure when I want a "night on the town" in Brisbane. I do have to say that the only rooms worth staying in are the ones facing the river. I was once put in a room on the ground floor and I did not like it at all.

I do also have to say that I was a bit amused to read in one of the reviews, a comment that they got upgraded for free presumably because they are Rydges Priority Club members. And I was further amused to read that "this is what Rydges do well" - well I have to say that as a member I have never ever been upgraded just because I am a priority club member and at Rydges in Southbank I have always had to pay [quite a substantial amount extra] to upgrade to a junior suite!!! Maybe its because I am booking in as a single person or something? Maybe they dont think I need or want a suite? Who knows, but over the years and in all the Rydges hotels I stay at, I have never ever been upgraded. So much for being loyal to the brand.

That apart, I can recommend the hotel. The beds are fantastic, the rooms are clean and a reasonable size (the suites of course are better). Breakfast is pretty good too, the staff are all very friendly and the location is pretty good. What more could anyone want?

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank BrisCaz

It is pleasing to read that you are now not only staying with us for business but also for leisure. South Bank is a great area of Brisbane, with so much to see and do; from QPAC, Streets Beach, South Bank Markets and we are also only just a short walk from the CBD and Botanical Gardens.

Your comments regarding the staff and breakfast are really appreciated.

I was disappointed to read that as a loyal customer to Rydges South Bank and to the Rydges Priority Guest program that we have not recognised this during any of your visits to the hotel, therefore may I ask next time you have a requirement to stay in South Bank to contact me direct, so that I can ensure that you receive the recognition that you duly deserve.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and hope I have the opportunity of meeting with you.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 12, 2009

Stayed just one night. Booked online. Staff approachable, personable. Quality appointed room. Comfortable bed-not really hard like some are. Very stylish restaurant. Only down side would be the lack of parking at front while waiting for concierge, or to check in. A bit chaotic. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank SueD3
FOM-RydgesSB, Front Office Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2009

Many thanks for the review SueD3.

We're happy to hear of your enjoyable stay; noting in particular our staff, beds, room fitouts and restaurant. We take great pride in our workplace and appreciate that this was reflected in your stay. The hotel's driveway can, at times, become a hive of activity; whilst we can't change the setup of this area we do attempt to actively manage this area through a well trained and efficient concierge team.

Thanks again for the review, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Scott Levey - Front Office Manager

Reviewed October 11, 2009

Stayed for one night on a stopover at the end of a family holiday.

The Rydges South Bank is a comfortable, well located (for South Bank excursions) hotel with a friendly atmosphere.

Parking at the hotel is purely via valet parking and at the times we checked in and checked out it was incredibly busy and chaotic yet the gentlemen running the parking seemed to know what was going on and how to handle the traffic, the cars and the guests all at once.

After a several large breakfasts over the previous days we really wanted a simple breakfast in the hotel room, a request to room service for some milk and bowls to go with our cereal was no problem at all.

The concierge staff were very helpful with our online airline check-in for the next day and with suggestions of nearby attractions that our children might be interested in.

The room, a junior suite, was clean and very comfortable. Our children slept on the foldout sofa bed which was made up and ready to go when we arrived.

Another nice touch was the prices on the wine in the mini-bar. They charged normal prices for a bottle of wine, which made it much easier to open a bottle knowing we were only going to drink half of it.

I would definitely look up the Rydges chain again after a lovely stay at South Bank.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family

Many thanks for the review Antmark.

I'm extreemely pleased to hear of your positive experience at Rydges South Bank Brisbane. We're lucky to be located in such an fantastic precinct, that being South Bank, which is Brisbane's Cultural hub. It's pleasurable to also hear of your positive experiences with our concierge and room service teams.

Thanks again for taking the time to complete your review, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Scott Levey - Front Office Manager

Reviewed October 11, 2009

Great rooms & service, just a bit noisy along the hallway. Great breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the review “Aussiedrunkgirl2”

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Rydges South Bank, and would like to thank you for your comments about our superb breakfast buffet.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime.