“Overall good stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
Brisbane, Australia
“Overall good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

Great rooms & service, just a bit noisy along the hallway. Great breakfast buffet.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Callum_Kennedy, Executive Assistant Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this review, November 1, 2009
Thanks for the review “Aussiedrunkgirl2”

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Rydges South Bank, and would like to thank you for your comments about our superb breakfast buffet.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
Hobart Tasmania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel previously for work and this time was on my own for a couple of days with my kids. I chose this hotel because of its proximity to South Bank Beach for my kids. I am a rydges priority member and i assume because of this i was given a really great upgrade to a large suite room with a large balcony. This is something rydges seem to do really well and its really nice to feel like your loyalty to a brand is appreciated. the priority program also gives you discounts off food and drinks at the hotel which makes the prices really reasonable.
The staff were all very friendly, the room was immaculate.
this hotel doesnt have a pool which at first was a bit of an off put for me but its proximity to the south bank area means that doesnt matter, its probably just a shame they dont make more of that as the first time I stayed I didnt know about south bank and didnt bother taking bathers because there was no pool - I was a bit miffed when i realised there was a free pool so close by!
I would certainly recommend this hotel for work or pleasure, I wouldnt bother staying in the city itself unless I really had to - its a quick walk over the bridge anyway and this setting is just so much nicer.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank lilysholiday
Callum_Kennedy, Executive Assistant Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this review, September 22, 2009
Thank you for the feedback “lilysholiday”

Glad you had the opportunity to visit South Bank for pleasure rather than business, I agree that “Streets Beach” is a great asset to the hotels location and since your comments we have made amends to our online literature.

I am also pleased that team managed to upgrade you and recognise you as one of our Rydges Priority Guests.

I do hope that next time you are in Brisbane I get the chance to personally welcome you back to the hotel.

Kindest regards

Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

I've never written a review before, but when we stayed at Rydges South Bank we had such an amazing time I just had to write.
We drove and parked at the hotel, which was a little expensive, but it's a city hotel so it's to be expected (nothing like Sydney prices though). The valet boys were fabulous. Every time we asked for our car they got it immediately. They were swamped too - but always were always smiling!
Check in was a breeze - we were offered an upgrade to a river view room with a balcony and we took it. Wow - how beautiful the view was at night!
That night we had the wood fired pizzas in the CBD. My Husband is a big pizza fan and he loved them!
Breakfast the next morning was fantastic. We ate like kings and everything was fresh (not like some of the other hotels we've stayed at).
It was close to everything. South Bank is wonderful, you can get a cold rock ice cream and just walk around. Or catch a quick citycat down or up river.
Everyone at Rydges was so polite and friendly. Maybe it's a Queensland thing, because they are more friendly there than any other Rydges we've stayed at.
If you are going to Brisbane - you need to stay at Rydges South Bank!

2 Thank Ziola
FOM-RydgesSB, Front Office Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this review, September 16, 2009
Many thanks for the review 'Ziola,'

I'm exceptionally pleased to hear how your experiences at Rydges South Bank Brisbane have prompted you to record your first view.

It's always a pleasure to hear of your experiences with our concierge and front desk teams; I must admit the Pizza's from CBD Cafe & Bar are definitely a hit with me! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the South Bank Precinct and it's offerings to visitors and locals alike!

Once again thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kindest Regards,

surfers paradise
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

great staff, great rooms, great location, perfect weekend

2 Thank tamal
Many thanks for the review 'tamal 1,'

Great the hear that you enjoyed the hospitality, the rooms and of course the fantastic South Bank precinct.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next perfect weekend.

Kindest regards,

Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2009

It should be noted that this hotel does not have wireless internet. You can purchase internet access using one of the two computers set up in the lobby. The internet runs so slowly (the slowest I have ever seen) that you run out of money on the card after sending one or two emails.

Business travellers or those who need internet access should think twice before booking this hotel.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank l2teacher
Callum_Kennedy, Executive Assistant Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this review, September 8, 2009
Appreciate the review “I2teacher””

It was disappointing to read of your issues regarding the internet speed; I have passed these comments on to the IT company that supports the internet service. With regards to the wireless facilities this is a service that is currently under review by the hotel; however I would like to add that all public areas have wireless capability.

On your next visit to Brisbane please do not hesitate to contact me direct and I will ensure that your internet service is taken care of and I would also like the opportunity to welcome you back personally to Rydges Hotel South Bank.

Queensland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2009

Over many years we have had the pleasure of staying at different Rydges Hotels around Australia, and have found that the service provided by everyone at Southbank to be exceptional. We would particularly like to acknowledge Callum Kennedy's personal attention to detail and his warm and friendly manner. We believe that the person at the top is reflected by the staff & team he oversees. His staff seemed to provide service above and beyond the call of duty.
Jodie Crawford was extremely helpful and meticulous in carrying out her duties in such a friendly manner, which I feel sure is a bonus to your organisation.
I have stayed at venues all round the world and the service provided is second to none. We look forward to many more stays at Rydges Southbank because of the reasons stated above.
Thank you one and all.

Sincerely
B & B Jeffreys

2 Thank BJQueensland
Many thanks for the review 'BJQueensland,'

It's always a pleasure to hear of our guest's positive interactions with our valued team members. We have always taken pride in our customer service standards within the hotel, I can assure all that this message is echoed throughout all team members, top to toe.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kindest regards,

Adelaide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

We stayed here for an extended 3 night weekend. We chose this hotel because it was close enough to the Gabba and the City. The location was great with Southbank just across the street. The city was within walking distance, or you could catch a ferry. Our room was directly outside the elevators so was a little noisy first thing in the morning with room service and cleaners coming and going (and they didn't speak quietly!!). I would definitely stay here again - I would just request a room away from the elevators. The staff were quite friendly - especially in the CBD restaurant. The beds were comfortable and the rooms very clean. Housekeeping deserve a pat on the back. Overall a great stay - even better with a Rydges Priortity Guest card. Many thanks, we will be back next time we come to Qld.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank glenlan
Thanks for review “glenlan”

I am pleased that you enjoyed the CBD Café & Bar and thank you for your comments regarding our housekeeping team which I have ensured that they have all seen.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused regarding the elevator noise; please contact me at the hotel so that I can update your Rydges Priority Guest profile to ensure that you are always allocated away from the lift areas.

I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your next trip to QLD!