“Best hotel in a long time”

Rydges South Bank Brisbane
Ranked #35 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Toowoomba
“Best hotel in a long time”
Reviewed June 6, 2009

This was the best place I have stayed in the last 12 months. It had all the comfort things particular to the Rydges Chain. It was the little touches that I liked.
Check in was quick and easy, the staff were friendly and offered directions to what we wanted to do. I didnt like the cost of parking, at $24 it was a bit rich, however that gave us valet service and they left a botle of water in the car for the trip home.
The only down was that I couldnt get the hotel's internet working on my new computer and nor could the young man who came up to my room to look at it. I was still able to connect to the Telstra service however.
I liked the microwave in the room. We didnt use it but it was a welcome addition.
The late checkout we were offered was perfect for our romantic getaway. The bed was lovely and comfortable. What more could I say, the service was top notch, the room comfortable and I will be going back there.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ToowoombaBilby
Callum_Kennedy, Executive Assistant Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this review, June 8, 2009
Dear “ToowoombaBilby”

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at Rydges Hotel South Bank.

I was disappointed to read that we could not get your wired internet connection up and running and apologise for any inconvenience caused, however it was pleasing to read that you managed to connect wirelessly through our Telstra Hotspots.

It was great to read your comments regarding the service and I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rydges Hotel South Bank in the future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
Queensland
Reviewed May 31, 2009

A lovely hotel . Everything you'd expect from a 4 star hotel. Breakfast is not included, nor is parking, which can be very expensive ($25 per day, valet only). The hotel itself is great: clean, friendly staff, bar & resteraunt downstairs and located on Grey St which is full of buzzing modern cafes and bars. However it is on the wrong side of the river for the CBD. It is however located directly next to the trainstation so it is easy to catch a train into the city.

I'd suggest looking at other hotels which are closer to attractions and the heart of the city, I'm sure you can get the same quality and same price at a better location. But overall, I have nothing bad to say about this hotel.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Dear “katereid43”

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Rydges Hotel South Bank.

Please check our website should you be visiting South Bank in the future, as we often have great packages including parking & breakfast amongst other amenities.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Rydges Hotel South Bank.

USA
Reviewed April 20, 2009

My wife and I enjoyed our stay. Everyone at the hotel went out of their way to make our stay wonderful. We highly recommend the hotel, close to everything and had an excellent view; 11th floor overlooking the river. Spent a week to enjoy Brisbane.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Atkinson9822
Callum_Kennedy, Executive Assistant Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this review, April 30, 2009
Dear “Atkinson9822”

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Rydges Hotel South Bank.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your week in Brisbane and that we were able to assist in ensuring that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Rydges Hotel South Bank should you return to Australia in the future.

Townsville, Australia
Reviewed April 4, 2009

Stayed at the Rydges for 2 nights in a room with 2 double beds. Having stayed at this property about 3 years back I knew the location would be perfect for the Theatre and Southbank Markets. I must say the decor in the rooms and service has improved considerably since my last visit and I enjoyed my stay. The room was clean and large, we could have had 2 couples in there quite comfortably. It was nice that there was the kitchenette although we had no need for it this trip.

We caught the airtrain to South Brisbane station which was about 250 mtrs up the road and was an easy stroll to and from the hotel. We also walked into the Mall which was a lovely walk past the Wheel and over the Bridge. There are many restaurants in the southbank precinct and even a cinema about 3 doors up . So location is Fantastic.

Check in was fast and efficient, I have a rydges card and was pleased that this doubled as one of our room keys.

We had buffet brekki included in our rate and on both mornings there was great variety and delicious.

Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Callum_Kennedy, Executive Assistant Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this review, April 17, 2009
Dear “Ang_26”

Thank you for your recent review regarding your visit to Rydges Hotel South Bank.

The hotel has gone through a full refurbishment of the hotel rooms since your last visit and I am pleased that you were impressed by the aesthetics and facilities of your room.

South Bank is a great place to visit with the QPAC theatre; currently showing Chicago only across the street, to lots of great places to dine and some fantastic boutique shops, not to mention the great beach facilities.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rydges Hotel South Bank in the future.

Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed April 4, 2009

We stayed at this hotel in October and had a rather horrible stay but we stayed again in January mainly becuase of the Great location right next to the Southbank Parklands, City and Convention Centre.

I think we were upgraded because of being a Priority Guest to a corner suite on the 12th floor.

It had a seperate bedroom, great bathroom, dining table, Flat screen TV, work desk and two couches. It also boasted amazing views of the river and surrounding suburbs.

The staff this time were excellent. We drove up to the hotel and there was someone there to take away our car and park it, although parking is expensive at about $20 AUD per day. We had a quick check in compared to our last which took much longer.

We had to leave the following morning due to an early flight back home to Auckland and had to leave at 5.30 am. Our car was already at the entrance waiting for us

Overall a great hotel!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank ByronBay1
Dear “ByronBay1”

I was disappointed to read of your “horrible stay” last October but I am glad that you gave the hotel another opportunity and that we exceeded your expectation this time around.

It was pleasing to read your comments regarding the staff and that we managed to upgrade you as one of our Rydges Priority Guests.

I do hope the next time you are in Brisbane we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Rydges Hotel South Bank.

Huon Valley , Tasmania
Reviewed February 21, 2009

I'm surprised at some of the negative comments for Rydges Brisbane as we've stayed there many times & we will be staying again in March this year.

The staff are well trained and eager to help. The rooms are a good standard and the breakfasts are wholesome.

The location is great as is it situated at Southbank.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tassiescott
Callum_Kennedy, Executive Assistant Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this review, March 2, 2009
Dear “Tassiescott”

Thank you for your recent positive review regarding your upcoming stay at Rydges Hotel South Bank.

I am delighted to read that you recognise the training that we undertake with our staff and how important an impact that has on our guests. Thank you also for your comments regarding the standard of our rooms and also the quality of our breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel this month and I do hope I have the opportunity of meeting you.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 13, 2009

I love the booking system where you can select options such as a cheese platter or wine on arrival and book your breakfast beforehand. The central location is very convenient, and the valet service is very useful. Check in was smooth and quick. Basically, all you can expect from a high end hotel at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wasimmehr
Dear “Wasimmehr”

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Rydges Hotel South Bank.

I am pleased that you found our booking system efficient and that we met your expectation regarding your overall stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future should you require any accommodation in South Bank.