Rydges South Bank Brisbane
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Oaks Felix(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
Agoda.com
$65
$62
  • Restaurant
Mantra South Bank, Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$124
$119
Orbitz.com
$91
$84
2,246 results
All reviewssouth bankking suitebacchus restaurantcbd cafepodium levelthe rivergreat locationvalet parkingpool barconvention centerferris wheelroom serviceattending a conferencesouthbank parklandsvalet serviceart gallerybuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I think this hotel trades off its proximity to the CBD and convention centre because that's all it's got . Tried calling prior to checking in - 3 times left listening to promo recording - frustrating. Quick to take payment at checking in but then the value leveled off. It's good as a hotel but overpriced for what it is.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank WeCameBack
Rui O, Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear WeCameBack,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Rydges South Bank, Brisbane.

The hotel occupies a great location in the Brisbane CBD district, close to many great dining and entertainment outlets a few minutes from the hotel's doors.

Please accept my apologies for the delays in our telephone system. We make every effort to attend to our guest's queries in a timely fashion and it appears we were not able to attend to your needs on this occasion.

We have recently initiated a new house policy whereby we ask that payment for accommodation be made at check-in, this eliminates the need for traditional credit card deposits.

We have also recently completed renovations on our public spaces and our focus has now turned to our guest rooms and suites.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stay here often , usually only two of us. We get huge room two king bed.premium suite.
so this time when there's 5 of us we were squeezed into the two smallest room available with NO balcony its disappointing.
Room service phone rings out , consierge phone rings out. 20 minute wait to bring car up.
for the $1000 weekend stay the service and room quality was very poor.
one of the lifts malfunctioned we where in , the door wouldn't close. Then when the door did close it stayed on that level. Took along time to open.
We didnt get our late check out @ 1pm ,we where locked out of the room @ midday. Reception where to busy to bring up a key and told me to come down and get one.
the staff where obviously under pressure this weekend. The quality of service wasn't there.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ros D
Scott W, Rooms Division Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Ros D,

Thank you for the recent review in relation to your stay with us at Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

It was disappointing to read you have not enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion. The largest room we have at Rydges South Bank Brisbane is our King Suites, these rooms only have one king sized bed, so I am unsure of the room configuration you mention in your review.

Generally when availability permits we try and upgrade guests to the next available room type complimentary but unfortunately when this is not available guests will remain in the room type they have booked.

Please accept my apologies regarding the extended wait time for the vehicle, on busier days along with limited space on our driveway, vehicles can take longer to bring up. It is advised, if possible to call to Concierge prior to checking out.

I do hope you choose to stay again with us and that we have the opportunity to restore you faith in the hotel and created a memorable experience.

Kind regards

Scott Wright
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights over new year
No complaints the staff throughout were friendly and professional
The breakfast buffet was very good with plenty of choices.
Gym had very little equipment and the pool was very small
The position of the hotel is great being right on South Bank it is close to all the bars and restaurants.Very convenient to see the fireworks on New Years Eve.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear John100580423,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Rydges South Bank, Brisbane.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff were friendly and accommodating. It is always good to hear positive comments as it validates all the hard work we do.

We occupy an enviable position within the Brisbane CBD area with access to many great dining and entertainment outlets only minutes from our doors.
Our own Bacchus restaurant serves a great buffet breakfast and I am glad that you enjoyed it.

We look forward to welcoming back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Firstly I'd like to say I loved the concierge staff, they were all fantastic! Greeted me warmly, helped with whatever I needed, smiles on their faces whenever I saw them and made polite conversation - GREAT start. Then I went to check in... I walked up to the font desk to be greeted with a blank stare, i felt like I was being processed like a number. I am a priority guest member & I did not get my "welcome drink on arrival" nor did I get my late check out (which I had called about a week or so earlier to confirm). The room that I stayed in was beautifully prepared & I had a fantastic view from my balcony. I will definitely stay there again because apart from the receptionist I was quite happy.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Hanash0105,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Rydges South Bank, Brisbane.

It is great to hear that our Concierge department made you feel welcome and made your stay enjoyable. They work hard to make our guests feel comfortable and your comments validate their hard work.

Please accept my apologies for the service you received from our Front Desk staff. We also pride ourselves on our ability to make each and every guest feel special, however it appears we were unable to provide this service to you on this occasion.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon so that we can provide you with the level of hospitality we expect.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed at Rydges Southbank to be close to QPAC to attend the Ballet. Every aspect of our stay was excellent. The service provided from the moment we arrived was friendly and efficient. Nothing was too much trouble. The riverview room was extremely comfortable and quiet. The food at breakfast and at Bacchus for dinner was also outstanding.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Marg252,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Rydges South Bank, Brisbane.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, we strive to make every stay special and we enjoy all positive comments and pass them onto our team members.

The hotel occupies a great location within the Brisbane CBD area and as you rightly mentioned, we are only a few minutes walk to QPAC and other great entertainment and dining options in the South Bank precinct.