I had a conference at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition centre and the hotel is literally a staircase away from the BCEC doors (via Level P). However, for a very basic twin room on the first floor, with no nice view and terrible road noise if the door was open, over $300 a night was waaaay too much to pay. The shower tap was broken, the bathroom light which was hanging out was covered in (literally) inch-thick dust, the furniture and fittings including old shower curtain haven't been updated in a decade or two by the looks of it. Every time I tried to ring reception there was an extremely long wait for someone to answer. A couple of times I just gave up. Also, the queue to check out was ridiculous so I ended up ringing through. I think next time I would try the much-newer Mantra next door for a little extra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges South Bank is situated in Brisbane’s most enviable location, the South Bank arts and entertainment precinct. The hotel adjoins with the Brisbane Convention Centre via a walkway, it is only a few minutes walk to the Queensland Performing Arts Centre, the Queensland Museum, State Library of Queensland and the new magnificent Gallery of Modern Art. Downtown Brisbane, Treasury Casino and the Queen Street Mall are an easy 10 minute stroll away. With Bacchus South Bank & CBD Cafe, Bar and Dining both located at Rydges you don't need to go far for a fantastic food and beverage selection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges South Bank Brisbane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges South Bank Brisbane Hotel Brisbane
- Rydges South Bank Hotel Brisbane
- Brisbane Rydges South Bank