Rydges South Bank Brisbane
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Oaks Felix(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
Agoda.com
$65
$62
  • Restaurant
Mantra South Bank, Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$124
$119
Agoda.com
$91
$84
2,246 results
All reviewssouth bankking suitebacchus restaurantcbd cafepodium levelthe rivergreat locationvalet parkingpool barconvention centerferris wheelroom serviceattending a conferencesouthbank parklandsvalet serviceart gallerybuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2013

In a great location with access to restaurants, theatre and beautiful walks. The rooms were a little tired looking, especially the bathrooms. We booked rooms for ourselves and friends- all Deluxe Queen and were happy with the views over the river and onto the city. Being in South Bank was a real
Bonus. We did have to ask to move to another room after our first night due to internal plumbing and dripping taps keeping us awake at night- all done with no trouble and staff were very friendly. We will stay there again on our next visit to Brisbane.

• Stayed: August 2013
Scott W, Front Office Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear IreneTraveller,

Thank you for your review of the Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

The South Bank Precinct has grown considerably over the past few years and has quickly become the spot to be in Brisbane, we are very fortunate to be situated here.

Please accept my apologies for the issues relating to the plumbing in your room. It is excellent to see the staff have been proactive and friendly in organising a new room for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Scott Wright
Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hi I arranged for a group of 8 ladies to come for the quilt show. You had 7 separate room bookings. We booked early and paid quite a lot for the rooms. Most were in badly located rooms down low, but one had a 9th floor suite with balcony. Hard to explain in a group. I was in Room 1106, only that high as when we arrived my room wasn't ready and I said that would be right the person who organizes a trip always gets the worst room. The reception staff acted well and like a miracle found me a room. The bathroom in 1106 needs attention the green stain in the bath was not what I was expecting. The noise on Friday night from a function on level 12 was bad. I was also disappointed that the porters never helped any of my ladies with their bags. In or out of the lobby. They ran around us to help people in cars, that we were in a maxi taxi seemed to make us invisible.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Melinda S,

Thank you for the recent review in relation to your stay with us here at the Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

It was disappointing to read some of your comments in the review. I am unsure whether there was a link between the bookings, but in most cases group bookings would not receive a complimentary upgrade if only some of the bookings could receive it. The concierge team at the hotel are often remarked on their exceptional service so it is disheartening to read you did not receive this level of service.

It was pleasing to read the reception team were able to locate a room on a higher level for you.

Please accept my apologies for the issues mentioned in your bathroom, definitely something we are able to rectify.

If you did choose to stay again I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Scott Wright
Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We we delighted to have our room upgraded to one with a view of the river- certainly worth being a priority guest! Our stay was very pleasant and a welcome break after a long haul flight. I can certainly recommend this hotel for its sheer comfort and attention to detail.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Hildegaaard
Zoe L, Duty Manager at Rydges South Bank Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Hildegaaard,

Thank you for your wonderful comments surrounding your stay at Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

The Priority Guest Rewards Program is an excellent opportunity for guests to receive discount pre and during their stays. We also endeavour to offer complimentary upgrades when availability permits and it is pleasing to read you were able to enjoy an upgrade into one of the Deluxe River View rooms.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed two nights last week on business (Wed/Thurs). No restaurant as Brisbane Show Day. One would have thought that was a good time to have the restaurant open not closed. So had a wafer thin steak at their noisy downstairs on the footpath cafe. Paid $25 for 24 hrs Wi Fi. Then after 24 hours the Wi Fi system would not allow me to renew for another 24 hrs. A note under my door then informed me the restaurant would be closed for a special private function 9am-9pm the Thursday evening so no wonderful dining experience to write for Trip Advisor. So an ordinary burger from the footpath cafe CBD. Hotel staff were great and the room clean but noisy as near lifts. Overall I have had much better experiences with this hotel on past occasions.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the Railway side of building as noisy also.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear 53bob22

Thank you for the recent review of the Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

It was disappointing to read that this stay did not meet the expectations of your previous stays.

Due to low demand in the area because of the public holiday the hotel made a decision to close one of its restaurants. The hotel still offered our In Room Dining and the CBD Bar & Cafe as options for dining. I can understand your disappointment with Bacchus being closed for two nights in a row. The event on the Thursday evening was opened to hotel guests from 9pm.

Please accept my apologies in relation to the in room internet, I am unsure whether you had notified staff of the issue, however believe that this could have been rectified.

I hope if you choose to stay again with us I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Recently stayed at Rydges for the first time and can't wait to go back! The staff were so friendly and helpfull. The location was fantastic. The concierge took our car when we arrived and we didnt need it again until our late departue time. Walking distance to everywhere we wanted to go. Our room was so clean and tidy, and even though we stayed in a single room, there was ample space. We had a lovely dinner downstairs,which was convenient. Looking forward to a return visit when we next return to Brisbane.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Alana T,

Thank you for your fantastic comments regarding your stay at Rydges South Bank Brisbane.

I am pleased to read you were able to enjoy your stay at the hotel, we have a strong focus on delivering a high standard of guest satisfaction.

The hotel is placed very conveniently and it sounds like you were able to enjoy all the area has to offer.

I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.